Give Me a Breakl

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Just finished reading John Stossel's book, "Give Me a Break," and highly recommend it. He draws from his own experiences in the network news business and cites very good examples. The book is very easy to read and really boosts the validity of the conservative viewpoint on many things (actually most things) in the political realm these days. From his perspective, based on the experiences he has had in doing TV reports, he makes it clear that private enterprise can do things better and more cheaply than government every time, no matter what the project is. I obtained a lot of information about a variety of things from reading this book. And it's great to know that Stossel, who has worked his whole life in the liberal environment of the news networks, can come to hold the views that he does.

You will enjoy it. I have a lot of respect for John Stossel after reading this book.

Just finished this yesterday. I didn't really even know who John Stossel was before reading the book, though he did look kind of familiar. I have to say that his book was somewhat eye opening. I agree with his major premise, which is that we shoulod have less government, and not more of it. It was a fun book, though, and getting to read about his journalistic exploits was both entertaining and informative.

Forum List

Back