Give it up Perry, it’s already been tried.

deepthunk

Justadude with a keyboard
Feb 19, 2011
The main problem with Perry’s flat tax is that it’s been tried already in Arizona and it angered even moderate conservatives to the point the state legislature repealed it.

What makes him think it’s going to fly in a general election I can’t imagine, but for the sake of Obama's re-election campaign, please Mr. Perry keep pushing it.

The main problem with Perry’s flat tax is that it’s been tried already in Arizona and it angered even moderate conservatives to the point the state legislature repealed it.

What makes him think it’s going to fly in a general election I can’t imagine, but for the sake of Obama's re-election campaign, please Mr. Perry keep pushing it.

It smacks of desperation. Hence the round number of 20. He's basically shopping for a slogan and he arrived at that.

It smacks of desperation. Hence the round number of 20. He's basically shopping for a slogan and he arrived at that.

It sounds like his people just aren’t very creative. Some folks in politics greatly underestimate the value of creative people who can think outside the proverbial box (if you’ll pardon the cliché), if that’s the best he can do, it just means he’s out to win the primary so he can lose the election.

The main problem with the flat tax is actually two main problems:

1) The incomprehensibly convoluted IRC started out as a flat tax.

2) It accepts the premise that there should be any federal tax whatsoever on incomes.

Per usual the GOP is the party of turd polishers.

I told you guys, the voting population and politics in Tex-A$$ is a joke.

They are all intellectually incurious down there. The media in Tex-A$$ is even more of a joke than the national media.

It's evident in their politicians that make it to national level on sheer charisma and machismo. And as you can see, America's has had about ENOUGH of that cowboy BS!

I think the media is at the very heart of the problem. As long as they keep spewing politically biased rhetoric instead of impartial and responsible journalism, the corruption in politics is going to continue unabated. Of course the problem with that is that said corruption is at the heart of many of the social, economic and foreign policy problems we have today.

Forum List

Back