Give it up for Lent...

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
It's that time again. What shall I give up for Lent? I'm having a hard time deciding. I don't know if I should give up mastrabation or beer. What would you do?

BTW, what are you giving up for Lent?

Sugar.

I don't consume that much of it, but with all of the candy stashed around the office, it's too easy to grab goodies throughout the day.

Enough.

I'm quitting.

It was suggested that I give up cursing. :eek: Apparently the moronic cell phone texting/coffee drinking/just plain stupid drivers cause my mouth to spew too many 'damn its' and 'what the hell are you doing?' phrases.

Fine, fine. Consider it given up . . . for Lent.

It's that time again. What shall I give up for Lent? I'm having a hard time deciding. I don't know if I should give up mastrabation or beer. What would you do?

BTW, what are you giving up for Lent?

If you want my opinion, and I know you do ... I say give up the beer. *wink*

I gave up the rules and control of organized religion a long time ago. Instead, every day I try to be a better person in general. Giving up those things that don't serve me well, while increasing and feeding on those things that again, make me a better person in my own eyes and in the eyes of God.

I'm currently working on giving up anger. So, in keeping in step with of thread, I'll say I'm giving up anger for Lent.

Last edited:
I can't help but turn this into a religious discussion.

From what I read of my Bible, it tells me that what I pray for in private I will be rewarded with in public.
It tells me, even in fasting, to keep color in my face so that others can't tell that I am fasting.

Where do Catholics find the authority to publicly display and discuss their fasting?
To show up at a restaurant with a black smudge on their forehead?
To teel their server they are abstaining from meat?

Just wondering.....

:cool:

I'm going to give up logic and reason for lent so i can believe in the man in the sky.

I used to give up setting myself on fire for Lent, until I found out it was a sacred act. :eek:

071019_pope_flame.jpg

(Just kidding around, folks)

I haven't done Lent in a long time. But if I recall it's supposed to be something important or hard to do.

If you give up beating off, you can have more sex with your wife.
If you quit drinking you will enjoy the sex with your wife more b/c you are sober.

On the 50% chance you are a woman, feel free to swap wife with husband.

Forum List

Back