Give 'em hell, Howard!

MaggieMae

Reality bits
Apr 3, 2009
"I know what I'm talking about. This is my life's work..."
Howard Dean

This is 15 minutes long, but well worth watching. We cannot pass a health care reform bill just to get one done.

Morning Joe

"Yee Haaaa"

Howard Dean

I see you didn't bother to even click on the video. Nice. Maybe Dean was the first to shout Yee Haaa, but we're now overburdened with a bunch of yahoos...like you.

And oh, by the way, he was the only one who was right all along about the Iraq war and a hundred other things. Yes, at the time, I was a "Deaniac."

amazingly i agree with dean....

i've always thought that if there is no public option or expansion of medicare, this is just a huge boon to insurance co's....this bill isn't going to change anything....if the dems pass it, i hope in 2010 that people come out and vote against them

i've always thought that if there is no public option or expansion of medicare, this is just a huge boon to insurance co's....this bill isn't going to change anything....if the dems pass it, i hope in 2010 that people come out and vote against them

With what is left of this bill, it makes no sense.

Christmas gift for Insurance, Big Pharm. I don't see anything left that provides a major improvement for the people. Kill it and do it right

"I know what I'm talking about. This is my life's work..."
Howard Dean

This is 15 minutes long, but well worth watching. We cannot pass a health care reform bill just to get one done.

Morning Joe

Yes, that's a long video. Dean knows what he's talking about, but the closed-door bill will be passed. It's a foregone conclusion.

I still don't think so. It might pass the Senate, but after it gets ripped apart in conference (House and Senate), unless they come out with one that has the trigger option, it's dead. Something I've predicted all along. The trigger option gives the insurance companies time to get their act together, and if they don't, then a public option will be merged in. That is the only option that has the slightest chance of appealing to all the critics, not just those few Republicans who favor it. It's also a clear option, which the American people could finally understand. The way these bills have been merged and committee-ized, no one knows what the hell is going on, so obviously most people are in favor of doing nothing.

I still support my initial position...if no joint bill is passed by the end of December, the concept is dead, at least until 2012.

It was supposed to bring a snicker, Mags..... don't get your panties in a wad

Sorry, but that episode was never "funny" to me. I thought it was unconscionable that just because of Dean's shout out, it destroyed his campaign. That should have been a major clue that partisanship had turned very, very ugly. And we're seeing how much truth is in that with constant "shout outs" by everyone and on full display 24/7.

Howard Dean might have been a nobody to everyone except Vermonters, but he served 12 years as Governor of the State of Vermont, worked with a bipartisan legislature, and before that was Lieutenant Governor to a Republican, Richard Snelling. We have had a Republican Governor for the past 7 years who has also worked well with a mostly Democratic legislature. My point is, bipartisanship DOES work, when civility is the rule and a lot of common sense is the norm.

I still support my initial position...if no joint bill is passed by the end of December, the concept is dead, at least until 2012.

And that's why they're trying to rush it through. There are HUGE other problems that need to be seriously addressed, and health care is taking up too much time. But rushing it at this point, the way it exists, would be catastrophic and only compound the overall economic problems in my opinion. Obama made a major mistake by turning such a massive policy proposal over to Congress. (And by the way, I've also been saying that from Day One, for those of you who think I'm such an Obamamaniac.)

And that's why they're trying to rush it through. There are HUGE other problems that need to be seriously addressed, and health care is taking up too much time. But rushing it at this point, the way it exists, would be catastrophic and only compound the overall economic problems in my opinion. Obama made a major mistake by turning such a massive policy proposal over to Congress. (And by the way, I've also been saying that from Day One, for those of you who think I'm such an Obamamaniac.)

who should he have turned it over to?

Dean just might talk some sense into the senate. Take the pieces of the bill that are right and good, get those with reconciliation and leave the rest of the concessions out.

I think he is correct.

who should he have turned it over to?

He should have been monitoring what they were drafting and whether or not it was in compliance with his own outline of what he expected. It's tantamount to the Top Chef leaving the entire banquet in the hands of a squabbling bunch of cooks.

Dean just might talk some sense into the senate. Take the pieces of the bill that are right and good, get those with reconciliation and leave the rest of the concessions out.

I think he is correct.

Except that he doesn't have any clout anymore. Dean did great things as DNC Chairman, but he weathered a whole lot of criticizm over his 50-state campaigning (which, again, proved to be the right approach). So there are still a lot of influential Democrats who either resent the fact that he was right and they weren't, or he butted heads with a few who are still unforgiving about him getting that post in the first place. Now he's just another voice in the wilderness again among his Democratic colleagues. I hope Dean makes as many on-screen appearances as possible, because he needs to be heard by everyone.

I think he is correct.

Except that he doesn't have any clout anymore. Dean did great things as DNC Chairman, but he weathered a whole lot of criticizm over his 50-state campaigning (which, again, proved to be the right approach). So there are still a lot of influential Democrats who either resent the fact that he was right and they weren't, or he butted heads with a few who are still unforgiving about him getting that post in the first place. Now he's just another voice in the wilderness again among his Democratic colleagues. I hope Dean makes as many on-screen appearances as possible, because he needs to be heard by everyone.

I'm sorry, I didn't read through all the posts but did you see him on Morning Joe? Everyone wants him to have a voice on this. I hope he can get to them somehow.

I think he is correct.

I'm sorry, I didn't read through all the posts but did you see him on Morning Joe? Everyone wants him to have a voice on this. I hope he can get to them somehow.

That's what the video is in my OP.

That's what the video is in my OP.

Ok I can't watch it right now but did you hear him say he was meeting with Obama?

Forum List

Back