Give 'em hell Barry!!!!!!

Yeah...Takes a lot of effort to go out there and make yet another platitudinous campaign speech, while looking like you're watching a tennis match. :lmao:

Rather, an effort at bipartisan solutions while your kind only want to watch Rome burn.
we are trying to put out the fire !!the left is throwing more paper on it!!:eusa_eh:

apt analogy. I think a better one is we are trying to put it out while they are throwing gasoline on the fire.

FDR is GOOOOOOOOD! :lmao:

For millions of Americans, yes. I realize that you kinda have to believe that FDR was just shy of Hitler-evil but... you know...

:cuckoo:

Yeah everyone loved FDR. That's why they immediately passed the 22 amendment upon his death to prevent anyone from ever being in power as long as he was.

I didn't say "everyone". However, FDR was elected for the terms he had in office. Term limits for the Presidency doesn't belay that fact. Apparently, enough DID love him to elect him again and again.

He's making an effort...

... which is more than can be said for salt the earth republicans.
Yeah...Takes a lot of effort to go out there and make yet another platitudinous campaign speech, while looking like you're watching a tennis match. :lmao:

Rather, an effort at bipartisan solutions while your kind only want to watch Rome burn.

These would be the bipartisan solutions Obama promoted tonight? The ones the GOP were not asked or allowed to contribute to? THOSE bipartisan solutions?

These would be the bipartisan solutions Obama promoted tonight? The ones the GOP were not asked or allowed to contribute to? THOSE bipartisan solutions?

yes. and, if you think that this bill won't be debated in congress and the gop won't get a chance for input well... I guess Obama will have to go ahead and miss the vote that you wouldn't have given him in the first place.

:cool:

For millions of Americans, yes. I realize that you kinda have to believe that FDR was just shy of Hitler-evil but... you know...

Yeah everyone loved FDR. That's why they immediately passed the 22 amendment upon his death to prevent anyone from ever being in power as long as he was.

I didn't say "everyone". However, FDR was elected for the terms he had in office. Term limits for the Presidency doesn't belay that fact. Apparently, enough DID love him to elect him again and again.

Because he was giving away money!

yes. and, if you think that this bill won't be debated in congress and the gop won't get a chance for input well... I guess Obama will have to go ahead and miss the vote that you wouldn't have given him in the first place.

There's a lot to be said for consistency

:eusa_whistle:

But Obama said we have to pass this bill now! He must already have it all written and ready to submit... right?

Has anyone noticed a pattern with Obama? When he is expected to lead and be president and all he hypes up a big speech with much anticipation. And then delivers a vague on details campaign speech. He did this with healthcare too. Remember the vaunted speech where the president would lay out whether he wanted single payer (or whatever the issue was) or not and he punted on it?
The man cannot commit himself. We should have paid attention to his voting record when he voted "Present". That is a man too afraid of making a mistake to commit himself. Same thing here. He offers more of the same failed policies without any substance behind them. He and his team are incapable of proposing policies, much less ones that work.
As I read this AM in teh WSJ, it is appropriate that the man once hailed as the greatest orator since Lincoln is now essentially the warm up act for a football game.

Bipartisan is a term that means our way or the highway or we will blame you for it. It means capitulation in the guise of compromise.

THE SKY IS FALLINGZZZZ!!!

:rofl:

you people are hilarious.

Bipartisan is a term that means our way or the highway or we will blame you for it. It means capitulation in the guise of compromise.

Bipartisan means our side lost and we expect you to compromise.

Or he was just able to moblize enough voters to keep supporting him.

Oh surprise and shock. We gots us a stimulus plan. Who does it help? State and local government workers. Government bailing out government at taxpayer expense. Road jobs that can't start until next year.

Take a brief moment and let the fact we had a $1.5 trillion dollar stimulus plan that they could only find $750 billion in projects. Now we all of a sudden have $300 Billion in projects all shovel ready.

Extend unemployment AGAIN? If you must, then cap the benefit to half what they were getting. Seriously, no one has kept up house payments and other living expenses on unemployment benefits alone for over two years. These people have jobs and employers are paying them off the radar.

Wonder what the CBO calculations are going to be on the deficit and social security when more payroll tax cuts emerge?

The theme was comical as well. Do it now! Reminded me of we have to pass it to know what's in it. Let's just hunker down for a few more months and get rid of the dead weight in DC.

They can't exactly debate a bill that hasn't been written.

I sat there and listened to him talk about all infrastructures that needed repair, and was thinking to myself.... I THOUGHT WE PASSED 2 STIMULUSESESES ALREADY TO DO THAT!

Then he compared us to China.. and all the jobs they are doing there, all along his policies are sending our jobs there!

and again, unemployment benefits dont stimulate the economy! Jobs do...!

This guys is an idiot!!!!!!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back