Give an example of when man's ethics and morality are superior to Gawds

My other issue is this ...if going to heaven means spending an Eternity with the Christian nut bags ...I choose hell...I can't stand that kind of shit for all eternity

I'll go first. This example is pretty obvious. SLAVERY--Gawd approves of slavery, but men condemn slavery. We even fought a war over it because it's repulsive.

When people claim they get their morals from reading the Bible, I'm thinking REALLY? How so? I mean, we are way ahead concerning ethics and morality...way ahead.

Okay, your turn.

I don't feel the need to have people worship me.

Very true

My wife and I created our children but we do not expect them to spend one day a week worshiping us. We do not expect them to thank us for their dinner. We do not make them pray to us at night
Do you expect them to obey your rules, or do you let them make up their own as they go? Serious question.
Of course

And they do it without the fear of eternal damnation

I have found that people who choose to be "good" without fear of consequence, are much more sincere.

God says my children have to honor me

My personal ethics say I have a responsibility to care for my children

I don't think your definition of slavery is the same as Hollie and Carla's.
I agree....mine is the same as what the Bible is describing.....the one they believe is "promoted" is different.....what the Bible describes Israel as engaging in is what we call indenturing, contracting for six years of labor in exchange for a cash payment....actually, since the Year of Jubilee was a fixed standard, it was labor until the next year of Jubilee, which could have been six to one years away from the date of indenturing......

OK--I can see how this idea of indentured servitude can work for "slavery" of fellow Israelites.

However, this concept does not apply to foreigners (Leviticus 24 and 25). In those cases, foreign slaves do not share many of the same benefits nor protections that the Israelites would have and could be held permanently.

There is also another problem--indentured servitude is not much better, and what is being described is not always case of one person choosing to serve, but the case of family members being treated like property to serve the wishes of the head of the family.

Many of the things that makes slavery monstrous is still present in this system of indenture. It is still wrong, even if you do not wish to call it slavery.

Even the worst human despot tyrants and sadist eventually kill the victim and stop the torment...not so with God....according to rumors God will keep you in hell for all eternity....no probation no nothing...that immoral
it's your choice, why are you complaining?......I always find it amusing that people say "a God who leaves me in hell for not believing in him is beneath my standards so I am not going to believe in him".......
If God is willing to put people in torment for eternity I am going on record and calling God a Psychotic Sadistic nut bag
let me guess.....you're going to ban him from your heaven when he dies right?.....

Forum List

Back