Giuliani Voices Continued Support for Public Funding of Abortion

If that's the only way to assure that a reasonable, mentally capable woman of at least voting age can retain her right to have an abortion in the 1st week of her pregnancy, yes. And, as unfortunate as it is, I feel that not giving an inch from the current status quo is the only way to assure that. Mostly I'd like to live in a country where a single teenaged-mother is stigmatized, berated, shunned and ostracized for being a single teenaged-mother. That was what worried my sister the most about having a child at 17.

Even you included exceptions (mentally capable, voting age, etc.). Wow. We agree to disagree. I think that there are many “anti-choice” people who would reluctantly compromise in cases of rape and incest. They would also allow for abortions if the mother’s life were in danger. I guess that we agree to disagree.

The excuse of "The notion of being shunned" for being a single teenaged mother sounds so lame to me. On the one hand, shame is good. It discourages young people from engaging in risky behavior. On the other hand, who cares what people think. I answer to very few people: Hmmm… myself… (and my boss if I want to continue to receive a paycheck from the company that he works for)… beyond that, who cares what your neighbors think.

Did your sister think about giving her baby to an adoption agency or needy couple? Many couples would even pay good money to have someone give birth to a baby for them.

New Topics

Forum List

Back