Giuliani Leads Among Republicans and Independents

red states rule

May 30, 2006
Giuliani has a good record on reducing crime, and cutting taxes in NYC.

So the Dems better make sure a lib does not get the nomination or they will crash and burn in 2008.

Oh, it looks like Hillary will get the nomination - it already has happened

http://www.americanresearchgroup.com/

So the Dems better make sure a lib does not get the nomination or they will crash and burn in 2008.

Man, I can't wait until you get proven wrong.

You might be right about Shillary, but there's no possible way that Ron Paul is at 1% in NH.

You'd trust these polls with your life.

Ron's support in NH, having been there in person to witness it, is staggering.

1% is an outright lie.

You'll see.

Republicans are rudderless. That and most voters don't decide who they are going to vote for until a month or two before the election.

The latest Associated Press-Ipsos poll found that nearly a quarter of Republicans are unwilling to back top-tier hopefuls Rudy Giuliani, Fred Thompson, John McCain or Mitt Romney, and no one candidate has emerged as the clear front-runner among Christian evangelicals. Such dissatisfaction underscores the volatility of the 2008 GOP nomination fight....

A half year before voting begins, the survey shows the White House race is far more wide open on the Republican side than on the Democratic. The uneven enthusiasm about the fields also is reflected in fundraising in which Democrats outraised Republicans $80 million to $50 million from April through June, continuing a trend from the year's first three months...

More Republicans have become apathetic about their options over the past month.

A hefty 23 percent can't or won't say which candidate they would back, a jump from the 14 percent who took a pass in June.

Giuliani's popularity continued to decline steadily as he faced a spate of headline headaches, came under increased scrutiny and saw the potential entry of Thompson in the mix; his support is at 21 percent compared with 27 percent in June and 35 percent in March.

The former New York mayor is running virtually even with Thompson, who has become a threat without even officially entering the race. The actor and former Tennessee senator has stayed steady at 19 percent. McCain, the Arizona senator who is revamping his nearly broke campaign, clocked in a bit lower at 15 percent, while Romney, the former Massachusetts governor, remained at 11 percent.

Once the political attack dog machine gets into Giuliani he is dead meat. I already posted some tidbits about his past...those are just the easy ones that are publically available on the internet. I'm sure he has more skeletons in his closet than that. You better hope that comes out before the primaries are over rsr...because if he wins the primaries it will be an election where conservative righties won't have a viable choice. Will evangelical Christians support a twice divorced, crossdressing, homosexual friendly, man who once married his cousin? I highly doubt it. Which means they won't vote. Which means the Democrats will win.

*shrug* which is some sense a shame, because none of that stuff has anything to do with what kind of a president he would be. I believe he would be terrible for this country for other reasons...but not because of his silly personal past.

You're avatar says "hardcore" conservative, and you're supporting the most liberal Republican in the field?

Once the political attack dog machine gets into Giuliani he is dead meat. I already posted some tidbits about his past...those are just the easy ones that are publically available on the internet. I'm sure he has more skeletons in his closet than that. You better hope that comes out before the primaries are over rsr...because if he wins the primaries it will be an election where conservative righties won't have a viable choice. Will evangelical Christians support a twice divorced, crossdressing, homosexual friendly, man who once married his cousin? I highly doubt it. Which means they won't vote. Which means the Democrats will win.

*shrug* which is some sense a shame, because none of that stuff has anything to do with what kind of a president he would be. I believe he would be terrible for this country for other reasons...but not because of his silly personal past.

The fact that he's not a conservative is going to lose him more conservative votes than any other reason.

How can a "hardcore conservative" support someone who is:

1) Pro gun control

2) Pro choice

3) Pro gay marriage

4) Pro illegal immigration

5) Anti family values

Can you just answer without some one liner which has been programmed into your head?

What was the NY Slimes and the rest of the liberal media doing while Rudy was Mayor of NY?

Along with Jesse Jackson, and Rev Al?

Rudy was constantly attacked - yet he did fine as Mayor and will do fine in the campaign

You're avatar says "hardcore" conservative, and you're supporting the most liberal Republican in the field?

Name a liberal who would cut taxes 23 times in New York city (and turned a $2.3 billion budget deficit into a billion dollar surplus) A liberal who believes in Ronald reagan supply-side economics. Or a liberal who is tough on crime - he reduced the murder rate in NY by 67% and overall crime by over 50%?

What was the NY Slimes and the rest of the liberal media doing while Rudy was Mayor of NY?

Along with Jesse Jackson, and Rev Al?

Rudy was constantly attacked - yet he did fine as Mayor and will do fine in the campaign

He was constantly attacked because he has a number of very stupid and embarassing skeletons in his closet.

Name a liberal who would cut taxes 23 times in New York city (and turned a $2.3 billion budget deficit into a billion dollar surplus) A liberal who believes in Ronald reagan supply-side economics. Or a liberal who is tough on crime - he reduced the murder rate in NY by 67% and overall crime by over 50%?

Name one?...hmm let me guess...is it Giuliani ?

He was constantly attacked because he has a number of very stupid and embarassing skeletons in his closet.

Name one?...hmm let me guess...is it Giuliani ?

anytime the liberal media goes after someone like they did Rudy - he/she is doing something right

He cleaned up NYC - something libs want to forget

RSR, you do realize that Giuliani is the only one who has even started running TV ads, right?

There's 6 months to go, pal, before it even starts to matter. Get off the pollsters' dicks, for christ sake.

In the latest polls none of the above got more than any candidate in the R field including Guli.

right...so there's potentially millions of voters that don't like anyone they're being offered, and it's quite reasonable to assume that Ron is one of the "none" solely because he is not well known enough by the hand-selected poll participators.

That would be the mainstream media's fault.

As RSR says...if they're being attacked, they must be doing something right.

Ron's pratically been dealing with attacks from the establishment since day 1.

right...so there's potentially millions of voters that don't like anyone they're being offered, and it's quite reasonable to assume that Ron is one of the "none" solely because he is not well known enough by the hand-selected poll participators.

That would be the mainstream media's fault.

As RSR says...if they're being attacked, they must be doing something right.

Ron's pratically been dealing with attacks from the establishment since day 1.

Ron who?

In the latest polls none of the above got more than any candidate in the R field including Guli.

alos in the polls, HIllary (who will be your choice) has to face the fact where more then 50% say they wil not vote for her under any circumstances

Forum List

Back