Gitmo

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
East Japip
Why does Obama want to close Gitmo? What's his reasoning behind shutting it down? Is it used only for suspected terrorists? Where will these people go when it is closed? Thanks.

Bush would have liked to close it down but it would have looked like a U turn.Obama is getting rid of the Albatross.

Therein lies the problem. Where will those people go and what will their status be inside the borders of this nation?

Closing it is fine, but, then what?

"Is it used only for suspected terrorists?"

have you heard of habeas corpus?

the tower of london?

america?

Therein lies the problem. Where will those people go and what will their status be inside the borders of this nation?

Closing it is fine, but, then what?

yeah, the monkey has left us with another problem no doubt.

stopped all the terrorist trials, including Kalib Sheik Mohammad. the admitted mastermind of 9-11.. :clap2: obama obama obama obama!

Why does Obama want to close Gitmo? What's his reasoning behind shutting it down? Is it used only for suspected terrorists? Where will these people go when it is closed? Thanks.

He needs to close Gitmo because it's a symbol of abuse of legal process. The U.S. doesn't disappear people... we don't take away the right to habeas corpus... we don't torture people.

Or didn't until Bush.

That's why.

That said, these people should be tried and convicted if there's evidence against them.

Well, considering that Cheney has several borderline illegal prisons here in Texas, and considering all the crap that has come to light about GITMO and waterboarding, I kinda think that the whole place needs closed.

I mean, if the foundation of your house is fucked up, you can't keep building on it. Same here, the principles that were put in place when GITMO was started, well......they were based on fucked up ideals.

Close the place down, and if a reason comes up that they need to be placed on trial, put 'em in US prisons (we've got several supermax prisons), and give them a trial according to US law. Let GITMO go back to what it was originally intended for......

A Naval Training Base.

Besides, those were crimes against American people, which took American life. Why the hell SHOULDN'T we try them according to our laws?

Unless.......of course.......they're doing something illegal........

Last edited:
He needs to close Gitmo because it's a symbol of abuse of legal process. The U.S. doesn't disappear people... we don't take away the right to habeas corpus... we don't torture people.

Or didn't until Bush.

That's why.

That said, these people should be tried and convicted if there's evidence against them.

From my understanding, Obama is going to change the process. Couldn't he do this while still utilizing the facility? I just wonder where anyone there will go, that's all. Thanks.

Where can we send 'em? Well.....Manson is in a supermax that holds quite a few degenerates, as well as Joliet, supermaxes in CA, CO, and TX.

What? It would be cheaper to house and feed them here, than to have to do it in Cuba.

Besides......like I said, they killed American citizens, in America, so therefore, since it was done to our people in our land, we should try them according to our laws.

The ones they nail overseas? Send 'em to Syria and let them worry about 'em.

ok, i'm imagining that even if the guys at git-mo were innocent and had nothing against america (and that's a big if) surely after nine years in prison they now hate us. so we can't let em out right???

but lets consider the guy wrongly convicted of murder and later exonerated. now though he's been in prison for all those years he probably has a huge chip on his shoulder and after being in prison all that time he's surely become a criminal right?

ok, i'm imagining that even if the guys at git-mo were innocent and had nothing against america (and that's a big if) surely after nine years in prison they now hate us. so we can't let em out right???

but lets consider the guy wrongly convicted of murder and later exonerated. now though he's been in prison for all those years he probably has a huge chip on his shoulder and after being in prison all that time he's surely become a criminal right?

Trust me......they aren't going to be as concerned with hating us as they are about getting home.

I've known several people who did big bids in prison.

They definitely hate us after being locked up for what they believe was nothing.
ABikerSailor said:
Trust me......they aren't going to be as concerned with hating us as they are about getting home.
C'mon ... they cant wait to get there to plot against us.

... and the guy wrongly convicted gets to sue!!!!

Dude......Islamic assholes hate everything.

Shit......they were blowing up their own mosques just a couple years back. Remember the Golden Mosque? It was blown up by their own people.

But......of course......Sunnidiot would say that it was blown up by US Military, even when there wasn't any around, nor were there any rockets sent in, as you would have seen the vapor trail.

Dude......Islamic assholes hate everything.

Shit......they were blowing up their own mosques just a couple years back. Remember the Golden Mosque? It was blown up by their own people.

But......of course......Sunnidiot would say that it was blown up by US Military, even when there wasn't any around, nor were there any rockets sent in, as you would have seen the vapor trail.

right, but I cant see them JUST returning home. As mentioned if they didnt hate us they do now and probably all their relatives as well ... its a no win.

right, but I cant see them JUST returning home. As mentioned if they didnt hate us they do now and probably all their relatives as well ... its a no win.

so what about the normal wrongly convicted domestic murderer?

do we keep them in jail cause by now they are a criminal by osmosis?

Forum List

Back