Gitmo Prisoner Freed by Obama Administration Reported to Have Rejoined Taliban

&

☭proletarian☭

A U.S. counterterrorism official acknowledged: “He’s a bad guy and it’s no surprise that he’s doing bad things.” This Justice Department press release, dated Dec. 20, 2009, confirms that Abdul Hafiz was one of a group of four Afghan detainees sent back from Gitmo to Afghanistan at that time.

Gitmo Prisoner Freed by Obama Administration Reported to Have Rejoined Taliban - Declassified Blog - Newsweek.com

Good thing the Righties don't trust newsweek or this could be a blemish on Obama's administration

Rand Paul, Ron Pauls son and candidate for a KY US senate seat.
Said to just drop the Gitmo detainees off in Afganistan and it would take them a while to find their way back.
:)

They should have been tried a long time ago and freed if innocent.
Of course they will join any anti American cause they can after the way we have treated them.
Wouldn't you?

congrats to Bush for another fine mess he left behind.

Let's hear it for Barak Hussein giving Al Qaida terrorists rights :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Of course they will join any anti American cause they can after the way we have treated them.
Wouldn't you?

This is a fine point.

We desecrate the sanctity of their religion while we hold them captive, we treat them as less than human, and then we just expect them to return to society with nothing but good intentions.

I have a really hard time understanding that.

Yeah, detaining the taliban is "desecrating the sanctity of their religion."

You betcha.

Yeah, detaining the taliban is "desecrating the sanctity of their religion."

You betcha.

Allie, some things that were done to them were violations of the muslim religion.

I'm not arguing against holding them captive. All I'm saying is that there's no reason in the world to expect them to return to society with good intentions after what they were put through.

If you were to have read what I said in proper context, you'd have understood that I feel the same way you do about them having been just let loose back into society.

I think most of those guys are going to return to their society with the same intentions they had before they were captured.

To advance the cause of their understanding of Islam by violent jihad where ever there are unbelievers and they can operate.

Most of these guys are dedicated to their cause, they really believe it and are willing to kill and die for it. They shout it to the world all the time.

I am a firm advocate at taking a dedicated enemy at his word.

Forum List

Back