Gitmo Detainees blocked by court

From a purely tactical point of view, the, in lack of a better term, "prestige loss" due to Guantanmo was likely not worth the apperantly not really permament removal of some 200 fighters.
I am an Amerian Muslim and have friends from just about every Islamic country you can think of.

One thing that many of my Muslim brothers here in the United States had told me several times. Was that they liked America's legal system and how everyone was given "Dur Process" under the law. Because many had lived under despots and dictators where many had no rights.

That was before 9/11

After 9/11 most of my Muslim friends had completely reversed their opinions about US law. They saw how people had been locked up with no council and tortured. How people just disappeared onto into the American Gulag, Never to be heard form again. Families and wives not knowing where their loved ones where, and no way to find out if they were alive or dead. The worst German Nazis after WWII where treated better than these so call "enemy combatants".

Yes, America lost the moral high ground when she resorted to these draconian methods.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back