Gitmo alive and well under Obama

Obama revives terror tribunals, dismaying liberals

Reinstating tribunals after he lambasted them. I think Obama may actually grow up some now that he is president and has found out his pie in the sky bullshit as a candidate does not WORK.

Just wish he would wake up on the amount of debt he is creating for us.

does this mean Khleid shiek mohammed and abu zubaidah won't be getting off on technicalities?

Obama revives terror tribunals, dismaying liberals

Reinstating tribunals after he lambasted them. I think Obama may actually grow up some now that he is president and has found out his pie in the sky bullshit as a candidate does not WORK.

Just wish he would wake up on the amount of debt he is creating for us.

does this mean Khleid shiek mohammed and abu zubaidah won't be getting off on technicalities?

Obviously the government is quite sure they have other evidence other than what was used during coarsion. These guys are NOT American citizens and according to the Geneva Convention, they do NOT deserve a trial. That was, until 2006 when the Supreme Court ruled they do.

I don't agree with it.

I also don't think they should be in their own prison. I think we should put them in some of the bad ass maximum security prisons in New Mexico or Texas. Let them get anal rapings daily. I have no problem with that.

Again, these people were not NOT members of the army of a foreign country. They are illegal combatants. They do NOT deserve the right to a fair trial.

Obviously the government is quite sure they have other evidence other than what was used during coarsion. These guys are NOT American citizens and according to the Geneva Convention, they do NOT deserve a trial. That was, until 2006 when the Supreme Court ruled they do.

I don't agree with it.

I also don't think they should be in their own prison. I think we should put them in some of the bad ass maximum security prisons in New Mexico or Texas. Let them get anal rapings daily. I have no problem with that.

Again, these people were not NOT members of the army of a foreign country. They are illegal combatants. They do NOT deserve the right to a fair trial.

Do you know what the point of a fair trial is? It's not just some ritual we go through where you get a random chance to avoid punishment.

The point of a fair trial is to determine guilt.

If these people are guilty, then a fair trial should demonstrate that.

If there is any person to which justice does not apply, then it effectively applies to no one.

I don't agree with it.

Do you know what the point of a fair trial is? It's not just some ritual we go through where you get a random chance to avoid punishment.

If there is any person to which justice does not apply, then it effectively applies to no one.

Dear Pyrite,
I was found innocent of murder in a "fair" trial.

Sincerely,

O.J. Simpson.

I don't agree with it.

Dear Pyrite,

Sincerely,

O.J. Simpson.

You suppose there's a :confused: look about now?

Dear Pyrite,

Sincerely,

O.J. Simpson.

You suppose there's a :confused: look about now?

prolly more like :evil:

Dear Pyrite,

Sincerely,

O.J. Simpson.

So I'll put you down for the abolition of the justice system, of fair trials, and of the rule of law, to be replaced by kangaroo courts and lynch mobs, then.

Dear Pyrite,

Sincerely,

O.J. Simpson.

So I'll put you down for the abolition of the justice system, of fair trials, and of the rule of law, to be replaced by kangaroo courts and lynch mobs, then.

1. Put me on any list you like. I don't give a flying fuck.

2. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

3. Should I put you on the list of al qaeda sympathizers?

1: How about the docket for the next set of tribunals after your coercive interrogation provides the evidence against you?

2: I know what the fuck I'm talking about. you, on the other hand, don't seem to have a clue.

3: Oooh, are you going to blacklist me? are you going to call senator McCarthy?

I'm sorry if it offends you, but I happen to give a damn about the American system of justice.

Actually, strike that, I'm not sorry. If it offends you: fuck you.

1: How about the docket for the next set of tribunals after your coercive interrogation provides the evidence against you?

2: I know what the fuck I'm talking about. you, on the other hand, don't seem to have a clue.

3: Oooh, are you going to blacklist me? are you going to call senator McCarthy?

I'm sorry if it offends you, but I happen to give a damn about the American system of justice.

Actually, strike that, I'm not sorry. If it offends you: fuck you.

1. as I said, put me down for anything you like. I dont give a rat's ass.

2. what part of "Geneva doesn't apply to gitmo" do you not understand?

3. no blacklists, you were the one "putting me down" on some fucking list.

4. I'm not offended, as I said, I don't care what you think. Fuck you too, dickhead.

Last edited:
I am sure that the 9/11 families would enjoy Fools Gold's idea to give the orchestrators of the attacks a chance to go free on technicalities.

How does it not occur to you people that if trials by torture are allowed in any circumstance, it will create a precedent by which they may be used on any of us, at any time, for any reason that the people with the power to hold them may have?

If you think Obama is so terrible, how do you feel about the fact that he has the power to have any of you taken without charges, held indefinitely, tortured into confessing to, say, acts of domestic terrorism, and then executed based on that confession?

Has it not occured to you that if the military commissions act of 2006 is upheld this is legally possible?

How does it not occur to you people that if trials by torture are allowed in any circumstance, it will create a precedent by which they may be used on any of us, at any time, for any reason that the people with the power to hold them may have?

If you think Obama is so terrible, how do you feel about the fact that he has the power to have any of you taken without charges, held indefinitely, tortured into confessing to, say, acts of domestic terrorism, and then executed based on that confession?

Has it not occured to you that if the military commissions act of 2006 is upheld this is legally possible?

Are you reading challenged? Perhaps you should go back and REREAD the article, this time for comprehension. The original Tribunals and the new ones have ONE THING IN COMMON. Neither were going to be able to use any evidence obtained by coercion.

And the reason they are military tribunals is then Miranda and chain of evidence are not the sole determining factor, one can not use either of those to knock out a technical win in a Military Tribunal.

Will Obama figure out a way to have his self rightousness and national security too?

Tune in next week and find out if Rahm Emmanuel ever found true love.

Forum List

Back