Girls...

Semper Fi

VIP Member
Nov 25, 2003
Wisconsin
I thought I was doing so good. I was funny, mature, interesting. Got all the right signs, too. You (to all girls) are a great enigma. Thanks alot, Men's Health...

Semper Fi said:
I thought I was doing so good. I was funny, mature, interesting. Got all the right signs, too. You (to all girls) are a great enigma. Thanks alot, Men's Health...
What happened, Honey?

Semper Fi said:
Lick those wounds, another will be along shortly. Yes, there is justice though, men are an enigma to women.

In the words of My Dear Rev. Snoop...

I got b**ches in the living room gettin it on
And, they ain’t leavin til six in the mornin (six in the mornin)
So what you wanna do, sheeeit
I got a pocket full of rubbers and my homeboys do too
So turn off the lights and close the doors
But (but what) we don’t love them hoes, yeah!
So we gonna smoke a ounce to this
G’s up, hoes down, while you motherfu**ers bounce to this

mom4 said:
What happened, Honey?

I made a big mistake, came on too strong, and now Im at home listening to Guns n' Roses and Kiss very loudly.

I had a great idea, which I wont go into detail if you dont want, involving asking a girl on a date, essentially. We don't really know each other very well, so it was a pretty bad idea, of course while I was in my fantasy world I failed to realize that...

Semper Fi said:
I made a big mistake, came on too strong, and now Im at home listening to Guns n' Roses and Kiss very loudly.

I had a great idea, which I wont go into detail if you dont want, involving asking a girl on a date, essentially. We don't really know each other very well, so it was a pretty bad idea, of course while I was in my fantasy world I failed to realize that...
I doubt it's much comfort, but that is what 16 is about. You'll get better and be a great romantic guy before you know it. Girls are difficult. I remember dumping a guy, cause I didn't like the way he walked what the heck was that about? :dunno:

Kathianne said:
I doubt it's much comfort, but that is what 16 is about. You'll get better and be a great romantic guy before you know it. Girls are difficult. I remember dumping a guy, cause I didn't like the way he walked what the heck was that about? :dunno:

So you're the queen then, eh?

Semper Fi said:
So you're the queen then, eh?
Oh I wish! Just saying girls are weird, especially at the age you are likely dealing with. So much is defined in their heads of 'what their friends/others' may think. They don't know themselves, so they can't know others. That's what I meant.

The way someone WALKS? Give me a break. Today I would slap my young self.

Two rules to remember in life, sweets.

1) Boys are dumb.
2) Girls are evil.

Remember that, and you'll be fine. :D

Semper Fi said:

You seem to be ahead of your years, don't get down on women just yet. Girls your age may not appreciate you but in a few years they will.

Semper Fi said:

dating is like everthing else in life....when you start out you are not any good at it but with lots of practice and of course failure you get better at it.....i always looked at it this was....if she did not want to go out with me or fired me early on at least it didn't cost me too much or waste a bunch of my time....it isn't life or death....it is just a girl to spend some time with

Hey Semper, Im 24 and let me tell you ive made plenty of boneheaded mistakes with women.

What i have learned after many failed attempts and humiliations is that coming on strong is probably the worst thing you can do to a girl that is not really interested in you. It sends this repulsion vibe to them or something. It basically makes any feelings they could have had for you go away when you put them on the spot.

Best thing to do (and this sounds alot easier to say then do believe me) don't care about them. Be nice, be courteous but don't go out of your way to do things for them. Don't buy them things. Don't call them. Don't be overly enthusiastic about anything you do with them. Play it ridiculously cool. Be willing to end a conversation WHEN you want. Don't care about hurting a girls feelings because a girl's feelings are ALWAYS hurt and then mended within a day or so only to be hurt again.

Again all this is easier said then done but believe me, it works. Besides your 16 dude. Your going to be in the Marines right? Chicks dig muscular jarheads. You will be fighting them off. The oldest saying is always the best. There are a million fish in the sea.

insein said:
Hey Semper, Im 24 and let me tell you ive made plenty of boneheaded mistakes with women.

What i have learned after many failed attempts and humiliations is that coming on strong is probably the worst thing you can do to a girl that is not really interested in you. It sends this repulsion vibe to them or something. It basically makes any feelings they could have had for you go away when you put them on the spot.

Best thing to do (and this sounds alot easier to say then do believe me) don't care about them. Be nice, be courteous but don't go out of your way to do things for them. Don't buy them things. Don't call them. Don't be overly enthusiastic about anything you do with them. Play it ridiculously cool. Be willing to end a conversation WHEN you want. Don't care about hurting a girls feelings because a girl's feelings are ALWAYS hurt and then mended within a day or so only to be hurt again.

Again all this is easier said then done but believe me, it works. Besides your 16 dude. Your going to be in the Marines right? Chicks dig muscular jarheads. You will be fighting them off. The oldest saying is always the best. There are a million fish in the sea.

Marines? I thought it was Navy? ohhh man!

Thanks for your input, insein. Me and Mom4 had a discussion, I think I'm gonna be ok. I already have some material lined up for Monday.

Semper Fi said:

I got one for ya Semper... along the same lines... and I'm FIFTY! I went to this place tonight with the rest of the Harley crew from work called "Fantasy Girls", of which we go to often. This HOT, I mean HOT, heart breaking hot blonde was dancing when we went in. Well, me and another friend of mine tipped her. When she got done dancing she came over and sat down by us and started talking. Now don't laugh, but she had, among others, a tattoo of trees and a pond, and a large mouth bass jumping out of the water, with "GRANDPA" underneath it on her right arm. She was blonde haired, blue eyed, and right out of the pages of Playboy. Jaw dropping perfect. Now... I'm not one to be buffaloed by some topless dancer. I was MARRIED to one. I know the game. But... here's the big BUT... we talked, and talked, and talked. The eye contact was sincere... the vibes were sincere... she said, "I like you, you're easy to talk to, and I'd like to get to know you better". OK... well, she said that there was a guy she noticed that was a paying customer at the bar, and that she had to go... fine. Like I said, I know the game. I told her to go get her money. She said that she was going to come right back, because she wanted to talk to me some more. Well... I'm thinking to myself, fuck this. She's too perfect, and I'm not going to get sucked into some kind of game where she takes all my money. I could have been lying to myself... I don't know. But I had a couple more drinks with my buddies and then was cutting out early, when she came whistling through the bar straight at me. She was pissed I was leaving. She wanted my phone number, a ride on my Harley, and wanted to know when I was going to come in again. Well, she didn't get my phone number, she might get a ride on my Harley, and I asked her if she usually worked Fridays to which she replied "yes". Now this is how it started with my last wife. But shit, this little woman OOZES HOT! I had to get out of there, just to show her I'm not a sucker she's going to play. I won't melt at her utter requests. You have to WORK for my affection, if that's what she wants.

Long story short brother, when the right woman comes along, there will be no doubt as to whether or not you did something wrong. "IT WILL ALL FEEL RIGHT". So if you feel you've done something wrong, then chances are, it was. The "RIGHT" girl isn't going to leave you with feelings of indecision.

Hang in there pard. You're young. Time is on your side. Be patient.

Semper Fi said:

I wish I could tell you girls get easier to understand and deal with. But I cant lie well even if i wanted to.

manu1959 said:
dating is like everthing else in life....when you start out you are not any good at it but with lots of practice and of course failure you get better at it.....i always looked at it this was....if she did not want to go out with me or fired me early on at least it didn't cost me too much or waste a bunch of my time....it isn't life or death....it is just a girl to spend some time with

You know, ive had alot of practice and im still not good at it. When does this magical point come where you are good at it?

I do agree with the last part. id rather know up front than down the line.

Just remember, girls hate predictable and practially feed off anticipation. If things are going well, and you don't know how much longer you can keep it that way, just say 'gotta go' and take off. Just like Pale was saying, she may possibly chase you down to get YOUR phone number, but it's just as easy to turn back around just as you're leaving and get hers.

Remember, you're a privilege, not a right. Don't just give her stuff. Make her earn it. Girls prefer a challege and will run if chased, but tend to really go after the one that just won't hand himself to her on a silver platter.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Hobbit said:
Just remember, girls hate predictable and practially feed off anticipation. If things are going well, and you don't know how much longer you can keep it that way, just say 'gotta go' and take off. Just like Pale was saying, she may possibly chase you down to get YOUR phone number, but it's just as easy to turn back around just as you're leaving and get hers.

Remember, you're a privilege, not a right. Don't just give her stuff. Make her earn it. Girls prefer a challege and will run if chased, but tend to really go after the one that just won't hand himself to her on a silver platter.

We may get in trouble for this Hobbit but... EXACTLY.

Forum List

Back