Girl with no hands wins penmenship contest

7-year-old with no hands wins penmanship contest - YouTube

Now, explain to me again why people are so helpless that we need government micromanaging every aspect of our lives. If a girl with no hands can win a handwriting contest, then why does any fully functional person need government assistance with anything?

Nice story.
icon14.gif

While I am all for, all Americans being able to have the opportunity to live their own lives as they see fit. Perhaps I can add something to this debate, take for instance the random Naval Officer who when flying his Attack Aircraft over enemy territory winds up due to flak with the loss of his legs, or perhaps let's say that same Officer lives a lifetime after his career in the Navy with the loss of those same legs, and due to his Govt. the V/A. etc. he is able to once again contribute to the society he spent a lifetime defending? While yes, this may be an extreme example, think of the 15000 plus young warriors in Afghanistan who in the defense of this nation were wounded and as a result of Govt. help are able to get the artificial limbs, life saving medicines, and therapy that lets them once again contribute to this great nation. While yes these programs will not make these warriors wealthy, and are often times not always even as supportive as they need to be, the point is, that the young girl in story was an inspiration and at least to me serves to show that people can overcomes anything. However having said that Govt. can be of help to those who need it and deserve it and in doing so shows that we are a a nation that has compassion for those in our society who have given more than they take, and for those who cannot help care for themselves and in so doing we give them diginity and honor, and even in a lot of cases give them back what it means to be part of our society and "contribute".

Last edited:
The girl won the no-hands category. Notice the video doesn't show what she wrote. I bet it's as illegible as anything an Afro would write.

Forum List

Back