Girl Scouts

mnbasketball

Mar 4, 2011
Republicans have come up with a new group to go after, tax the cookies they sell.

I see another tax cut comming up, if we can save a few million here we can lower the corperate tax.

Why do you hate corporations? What makes partnerships, LLCs, sole proprietorships or any other form of business superior to corporations?

What exactly is wrong with trading with others, employing others, and providing others with goods and services in order to make a living?

and providing others with goods and services in order to make a living?
Should workers be responsible for the success or failure of a company?

More information is required. What is being said here? The GOP is proposing a tax on Girl Scout cookies? Can you provide a link to back this up?

Doesn't say anything about republicans or democrats...just state law makers.

ATLANTA - State lawmakers are considering a bill that would rewrite the state tax code and eliminate the exemption-status of some types of non-profit organizations. In simple terms, the proposed legislation would open up the possibility that Girl Scout cookies may come with a tax.

Tenequa Wildy has two daughters who've been selling Girl Scout cookies for years. The girls have sold more than 1,000 boxes between them.

Wildy said she was disappointed to hear the details of House Bill 385. The bill is a revenue generating measure that would eliminate the sales tax exemption of various services and non-profit organizations. If the measure is approved, Girl Scouts of America may have to impose a sales tax on cookies, their biggest fundraiser by far.
Girl Scout Cookies May Soon be Taxed

Girl Scout cookies <<---->> Cigarettes????

Bad analogy, but you see where I'm going

Of course. Scouting originated with early progressivism, so it is surely part of the vast commeenist conspiracy

What little research I've done, it does look like the republicans brought this to the floor. I do believe the Girl Scout were unintended victims of the Bill...that is to say it wasn't directed at them but to other businesses that were exempt before.
It hasn't been voted as of yet from what I've read...so stay tuned.

Yeah!!! Go Republicans!!!

Those EVIL girl scouts. I mean look at their EVIL Communist agenda.

Girl-Scout-girl-scouts-7062410-524-900.jpg

I mean look at them and their communist cookies!!! Why does she have a leg in the air? Its to signal the communist to come in and take our country!!!

We must take them down Republicans!!! These evil people will no longer sell their communist cookies to America.

Why do you hate corporations? What makes partnerships, LLCs, sole proprietorships or any other form of business superior to corporations?

What exactly is wrong with trading with others, employing others, and providing others with goods and services in order to make a living?

You actually ask me what does this have to do with what you asked, when I posted a comment, well my good man what does what you printed above have to do with the original question?

and why my good man would anyone here believe that any corp or company would hire an employee based on how much money they have. Are you trying to tell me that corps just spend money for no reason? That they don't have to have a position, they just invent one.

If there is demand there is a reason to hire someone to provide the product that is needed. But seldom is a person hire before a demand is there. what you want us to believe is just give corps more money and they will just spend it whether there is a reason or not.

Yeah!!! Go Republicans!!!

Those EVIL girl scouts. I mean look at their EVIL Communist agenda.

Girl-Scout-girl-scouts-7062410-524-900.jpg

I mean look at them and their communist cookies!!! Why does she have a leg in the air? Its to signal the communist to come in and take our country!!!

We must take them down Republicans!!! These evil people will no longer sell their communist cookies to America.
I got thown out of the boy scouts ... for eating to many brownies :)

Republicans have come up with a new group to go after, tax the cookies they sell.

I see another tax cut comming up, if we can save a few million here we can lower the corperate tax.

So, are you gonna start a separate thread for each of the things you claim the GOP are gonna 'go after'? I only ask so I can decide whether to throw you on ignore.... I have yet to see you add any intelligent response to anything.

Yeah damned right they ought to charge sales taxes on those cookies.

If the Girl Scouts don't want to demand that their customers pay sales taxes, they ought to sell crack door to door, instead.

Apparently thanks to some oversight in our legal system, crack dealers never have to charge their clients sales tax.

I know...I don't get it either.

But, the law's the law, and the Girl Scouts will just have to adapt to the world we live in just like the rest of us.

yeah!!! Go republicans!!!

Those evil girl scouts. I mean look at their evil communist agenda.

girl-scout-girl-scouts-7062410-524-900.jpg

i mean look at them and their communist cookies!!! Why does she have a leg in the air? Its to signal the communist to come in and take our country!!!

We must take them down republicans!!! These evil people will no longer sell their communist cookies to america.

View attachment 12981

New Topics

Forum List

Back