Girl faces jail for giving out names of juveniles who raped her

They pleaded guilty to sexual assault.

True. But that's not necessarily rape. That could have just been groping. Still wrong, but not rape
So we shouldn't be so hard on the cumstains because they only fondled an underaged girl?

Um...yes. they're underage themselves. They likely succumbed to peer pressure. They were probably drunk. And taking a picture groping a passed out girl is not even in the same ballpark as raping her.

They should be punished, but lets not get hysterical

The "boys" not only raped her but took pics of the crime and passed them around.!!!

Savannah Dietrich: Teen faces jail after lashing out on Twitter and naming the boys who sexually assaulted her | Mail Online

PUBLISHED: 16:06 EST, 21 July 2012

A 17-year-old sexual assault victim is facing a jail sentence for tweeting the names of her attackers in anger at their light punishment.
Savannah Dietrich named and shamed the boys on the social messaging site, writing: 'There you go, lock me up. I'm not protecting anyone that made my life a living Hell.'
The teenager told from Louisville, Kentucky told The Courier-Journal she was frustrated by what she feels is a lenient deal for her attackers.

Miss Dietrich told the paper she was assaulted in August 2011 by two boys she knew when she passed out after drinking at a gathering. She learned months later that pictures of the assault were taken and shared with others.

The contempt charge carries a possible sentence of 180 days in jail and a $500 fine.
The boys pleaded guilty on June 26 to first-degree sexual abuse and misdemeanor voyeurism. Miss Dietrich says she was unaware of a plea agreement until just before it was announced in court.

Good for her...

The "boys" not only raped her but took pics of the crime and passed them around.!!!

Savannah Dietrich: Teen faces jail after lashing out on Twitter and naming the boys who sexually assaulted her | Mail Online

A 17-year-old sexual assault victim is facing a jail sentence for tweeting the names of her attackers in anger at their light punishment.
Savannah Dietrich named and shamed the boys on the social messaging site, writing: 'There you go, lock me up. I'm not protecting anyone that made my life a living Hell.'
The teenager told from Louisville, Kentucky told The Courier-Journal she was frustrated by what she feels is a lenient deal for her attackers.

Miss Dietrich told the paper she was assaulted in August 2011 by two boys she knew when she passed out after drinking at a gathering. She learned months later that pictures of the assault were taken and shared with others.

The contempt charge carries a possible sentence of 180 days in jail and a $500 fine.
The boys pleaded guilty on June 26 to first-degree sexual abuse and misdemeanor voyeurism. Miss Dietrich says she was unaware of a plea agreement until just before it was announced in court.

Why has her name been released she's a minor

True. But that's not necessarily rape. That could have just been groping. Still wrong, but not rape
So we shouldn't be so hard on the cumstains because they only fondled an underaged girl?

Um...yes. they're underage themselves. They likely succumbed to peer pressure. They were probably drunk. And taking a picture groping a passed out girl is not even in the same ballpark as raping her.

They should be punished, but lets not get hysterical

If one of those boys was mine I'd probably come this close to killing him, and I'd tell the judge myself to throw his ass in jail.

Okay, I am seeing this differently.

At 17, she shouldn't have been drinking in the first place. I thought the legal age for drinking was 21? She was four years under that.

Second, she was 'very' drunk. How does she know she was attacked AFTER she passed out? How does she know she didn't actually consent? Lots of people get drunk and have sex with random strangers, she cannot say with certainty that she didn't consent.

Since these boys were convicted, I think we deserve to know who they are. It is rather unfair that the name of the victim is released but not the names of the attackers.

At 17, she shouldn't have been drinking in the first place. I thought the legal age for drinking was 21? She was four years under that.

Second, she was 'very' drunk. How does she know she was attacked AFTER she passed out? How does she know she didn't actually consent? Lots of people get drunk and have sex with random strangers, she cannot say with certainty that she didn't consent.

Since these boys were convicted, I think we deserve to know who they are. It is rather unfair that the name of the victim is released but not the names of the attackers.

I see your point, but I can't totally agree.

First of all, I guess the only reason her name is out is because she put it out herself.

Assuming the "boys" who were convicted aren't really very small children but also above 16 I agree that the names of them as convicts should be made public.

I agree the girls was stupid and irresponsible to get that drunk. This in no way excuses any form of attack on her however. As to the appropriateness of the conviction and sentence, since we don't know the full facts it would be best to defer to the Court.

While I agree that the law should be obeyed, I personally find the age-limit of 21 for legal drinking pretty stupid and absurd.

Why has her name been released she's a minor

She probably went public about it. Hence, why we know the story.

What I am confused about is why she is upset that they were prosecuted... They were found guilty, what else did she expect?

What I am confused about is why she is upset that they were prosecuted... They were found guilty, what else did she expect?

They didn't get the punishment she expected. I actually hope the girl was punished herself for drinking so heavily.

They didn't get the punishment she expected. I actually hope the girl was punished herself for drinking so heavily.

I got that much, but what did she want?

And I sincerely hope she learned about the evils of drinking.

I got that much, but what did she want?

And I sincerely hope she learned about the evils of drinking.

what did she want?

to get drunk....

that doesn't entitle anyone to put a hand on her.

and i don't care if she's naked and spread out on the ground.

You obviously were too stupid to read the OP.

They took pictures while assaulting her and showed them to others.

And they DID rape her, they got that charge reduced to sexual assault in the plea bargain.

Fucking idiot!

If we're gonna have special treatment for juveniles, the line should be drawn at 12 or so. Bet these criminals were 16 or 17 and should be treated as adults.

I agree. The young adults of today are much wiser than the "teens" of yesterday, and it is even wrong to think of the majority of such, so enundate are they by adult topics on not only a daily, but minute by minute basis through media.

Forum List

Back