giraffe cam..she is getting ready to give birth

Where is she? Did they pull her in?

i tell ya... she was standing there with her tail up.... and a protrusion that was moving and bumping out...... and then she walked away..... i give up!

no she is still there on the other side... they need to readjust the cam.

Yeah she's been in labor too long. A baby that has had a mom in labor for days is going to be weak...especially if it's moving in and out. Hope that the umbilical cord hasn't been compressed.

Yeah she's been in labor too long. A baby that has had a mom in labor for days is going to be weak...especially if it's moving in and out. Hope that the umbilical cord hasn't been compressed.

Wish they'd move that cam. You can't even see what's going on anymore. That calf looks like it's packed in there tight, it might be weak.

Watch out, I just got the blue screen of death here... If that happens just reboot in safe mode and do a system restore to a previous time.

220px-Female_Giraffe_Mikumi_National_Park.jpg

There is no seasonal breeding season for the Masai Giraffe, and females can get pregnant from the age of 4. They also give birth standing up. It takes 2–6 hours for a giraffe to be born. About 50–75% of the calves die in their first few months due to predation. Even though many calves die, the mothers will stab predators such as hyenas or lions with their sharp hooves. This will critically injure or kill a predator quickly; the Masai Giraffe's kick is strong and will crush a lion's skull or shatter its spine.

Masai Giraffe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

220px-Female_Giraffe_Mikumi_National_Park.jpg

There is no seasonal breeding season for the Masai Giraffe, and females can get pregnant from the age of 4. They also give birth standing up. It takes 2–6 hours for a giraffe to be born. About 50–75% of the calves die in their first few months due to predation. Even though many calves die, the mothers will stab predators such as hyenas or lions with their sharp hooves. This will critically injure or kill a predator quickly; the Masai Giraffe's kick is strong and will crush a lion's skull or shatter its spine.

Masai Giraffe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This calf will have much better odds since there is no worry of predation at the zoo! :lol:

okay i am all for bum rushing the zoo and taking this damned giraffe to a real vet lol

i wonder how the zoo is feeling about this live cam about now? they are getting emails /phone calls etc from all over the world...saying they need to do this and that....

we need a phone tree....so when she starts we can know....only way we are getting on with our lives lol....hubby told me if i didnt have a dumb phone.....i could watch and ride

It takes first time mother's longer sometimes, but when you see the baby popping in and out, and it doesn't get born, it's time to do something. I don't hold out much hope for the baby but maybe giraffes are diff than horses and cows. Could be.

It takes first time mother's longer sometimes, but when you see the baby popping in and out, and it doesn't get born, it's time to do something. I don't hold out much hope for the baby but maybe giraffes are diff than horses and cows. Could be.

I haven't seen it popping in and out. The calf is moving but she doesn't even seem ready.

I haven't seen it popping in and out. The calf is moving but she doesn't even seem ready.

I've seen it.

I've seen it.

If I had seen it, I'd take the morning off just so I wouldn't miss it. It's a once in a lifetime thing and I really wish she would get on with it.

Forum List

Back