giraffe cam..she is getting ready to give birth

straw... hay.... is there a difference?

Fresh green hay vs dried up old crunchy straw...? :dunno:

i thought green was alpha? :dunno:

:lmao:

i so know they are gonna laugh at us.....

Yes they are, lol.

Straw is the stalk only of wheat or other cereal grain crops, taken from the fields after harvest and baled. It's usually pale cream color, and there are few if any heads.

Hay comes in as many different varieties as there are grass, since thats what it is. Its generally green...different colors of green depending on what type/age/when it was cut..there is grass hay and there is alfalfa...alfalfa has stalks and leaves, and generally a higher protein content than grass hay. Maybe feed a combination of grass/alfalfa....

What I see in the giraffe's pen looks like grass hay. Maybe timothy...it's fine...

Alfalfa (live and dried):

alfalfa-ex.jpg

Orchard grass:

orchard-ex.jpg

Timothy:

timothy-ex.jpg

Types of Hay | The Equinest

Straw:

1453822_orig.jpg

Ladies, have you seen the gestation period for giraffes? 14 months!!!! The baby comes out weighing 150 pounds and is 6'6"!!!!

Junior's bouncing around like mad in there, but I don't think Autumn's going into real labor just yet. Do animals eat like mad while they're in labor? I only have experience with a couple of cats and they stopped eating about 6 hours ahead of delivery.

If anyone's taking bets, I say early Tuesday morning.

It's silly, I know, but she seems so lonely right now. Hope she gives birth soon.

well i wished i didnt find this link......lol....hubby is watching too and he is pissed....

i think you are right...as long as she is eating....she aint having that baby

Forum List

Back