Gino Vannelli

This is not good!

In regards to the upcoming Dutch and Scandinavian concerts

Posted on January 8, 2012 by admin
Dear Dutch and Scandinavian fans, Gino will have to postpone his concerts with the Concertgebouw Jazz Orchestra, and the new Danish trio this January. A few weeks ago Gino had a stage accident that did serious harm to his ears. A crew member unwittingly unplugged a mic cable while Gino was testing his in-ear monitors. The blast was so loud that Gino lost his hearing for a moment. It returned after a few seconds. Gino went ahead and performed but in a few days the damage to his ears manifested. Not fun. Gino has seen a slew of doctors. Thankfully there is no permanent damage; but in flying, doctors say, Gino risks further harm to his ears. It’s a risk not worth taking, especially with a ten-hour flight from Portland, Oregon to Amsterdam. Gino sends all, his deepest apologies–he was hoping he would heal in time. At present, Gino is on a strict diet and a regimen of herbs and vitamins. Doctors have grounded Gino for the next 60 days. Management and all involved are in the process of rescheduling the dates. We are aiming for late April, early May. All the January dates have been postponed. As soon as we have any updates we’ll let you know. Love to all from Gino

I hate those in-ear monitors. Always felt they were too dangerous.

With the suicide of Don Cornelius....

Trivia: who was the first ever White performer on Soul Train?

Gino Vannelli!

Quite an honor, I'd say.

he was the second.....Dennis Coffey was the first.......
This must be a recent discovery, because it's been the CW for decades that it was Gino.

Even WIKI can't get it straight:

On 15 February 1975, Vannelli became the second Caucasian performer to appear on Soul Train (Dennis Coffey appeared on 8 January 1972).[2]

Gino Vannelli - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and:

Elton John was the second white lead act to appear on the show, performing "Philadelphia Freedom" and "Bennie and the Jets" on May 17, 1975.

Soul Train - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I loved listening to his stuff on the job-site radio back in the 70's while I was drilling holes and pulling wire...

but I'm ready to never hear his stuff ever again...

With the suicide of Don Cornelius....

Trivia: who was the first ever White performer on Soul Train?

Gino Vannelli!

Quite an honor, I'd say.

he was the second.....Dennis Coffey was the first.......
This must be a recent discovery, because it's been the CW for decades that it was Gino.

Even WIKI can't get it straight:

On 15 February 1975, Vannelli became the second Caucasian performer to appear on Soul Train (Dennis Coffey appeared on 8 January 1972).[2]

Gino Vannelli - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and:

Elton John was the second white lead act to appear on the show, performing "Philadelphia Freedom" and "Bennie and the Jets" on May 17, 1975.

Soul Train - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
no biggie.....even though he is not for me i have at least heard of Vannelli.....when they put on KOST at work i hear the guy.....but Coffey i dont believe i have heard of him........

Gino on Tour

Just a heads up that Gino Vannelli is playing in Atlanta (Variety Playhouse) on 1-24-13, Clearwater, FL (Ruth Eckerd Hall) on 1-26-13, and Orlando (House Of Blues) on 1-27-13:

Tour | Gino Vannelli

I'm planning on going to the Atlanta one, at this time. Although, RE Hall is a fantastic venue.

meh... a testament to the saying "only the good die young"...

fate is indeed inscrutable...

wish this guy was still around...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgyMUChgcbU]Warren Zevon - Lawyers, Guns, and Money - YouTube[/ame]

that being said, I gotta admit I did enjoy Gino on the radio back in the mid/late 70's...

here's a tune of his I particularly liked...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjNVx--BW_s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjNVx--BW_s[/ame]

Last edited:
For [MENTION=25451]tinydancer[/MENTION]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKvcTIIvmKw

where the fuck's td been hidin' lately...?
I just saw her in the Putin/Crimea thread, but that [MENTION=25451]tinydancer[/MENTION] thing never seems to get her attention - I've tried it before, to no avail.

(She's a Canadian - I don't expect too much upstairs, if you know what I mean... :lol: )

NOW she's gonna kick my ass.

nah... she's a lover, not a fighter... :)

New Topics

Forum List

Back