Gingrich's Fall Has Some Conservatives Rethinking Their Choice

Newt is a walking grenade...

gingrich-grenade-3.jpg

AS LONG AS HE IS BLOWING THE RIGHT PEOPLE UP.

Democrats have taught me I can look the other way.

That's one way of looking at it. If the left can look the other way at what their side does so can we. But if we did that we would be just like them.

Newt is a walking grenade...

gingrich-grenade-3.jpg

That's one way of looking at it. If the left can look the other way at what their side does so can we. But if we did that we would be just like them.

Thats true. I agree completely.

At the same time, I have no issue kicking the table over. I am not trying to be better then anyone else, I have never thought of myself as any better either.

What goes around comes around. Vengeance is mine sayeth the lord. Then sometimes he needs a little help.

At the same time, I have no issue kicking the table over. I am not trying to be better then anyone else, I have never thought of myself as any better either.

What goes around comes around. Vengeance is mine sayeth the lord. Then sometimes he needs a little help.

I am not trying to be better than them but I don't want to be like them either.

Hmm......

Gingrich: Congress can send Capitol Police to arrest rogue judges - The Hill's Ballot Box

GOP presidential frontrunner Newt Gingrich said Congress has the power to dispatch the Capitol Police or U.S. Marshals to apprehend a federal judge who renders a decision lawmakers broadly oppose.

Gingrich says if there is broad opposition to a court decision, Congress should subpoena the ruling judge to defend his or her action in a hearing room.

When asked if Congress could enforce the subpoena by sending the Capitol Police to arrest a judge, Gingrich assented.

“If you had to,” Gingrich said. “Or you’d instruct the Justice Department to send the U.S. Marshall.”

It seems Gingrich’s ignorance and arrogance knows no bounds:

After the Supreme Court issued its ruling in Brown v. Board of Education, most of the states in the Southern United States undertook efforts to evade having to comply with the ruling or ignore it all together. Prince Edward County, Virginia, for example, took the extreme step of closing all of its public schools rather than comply with court-ordered desegregation. In doing so, the country provided “tuition grants” to all students regardless of race, but none of the private schools in the county would admit African-American students. In 1964, the Supreme Court declared this policy unconstitutional. Other southern states asserted the discredited theory of interposition to argue that they had the authority to ignore the Court’s ruling in Brown, an argument which the Supreme Court rejected unanimously. In essence then, Newt Gingrich takes the same position on SCOTUS rulings he dislikes that southern segregationists did after Brown. They are as discredited now as they were then.

What’s most striking about Gingrich’s position on this issue, though, is the violence it does to the principle of Separation of Powers. Under our Constitution, the Executive. Legislative, and Judicial Branches are deemed co-equal within their own spheres of power. Gingrich, however, proposes ideas that would completely upend this system by drastically reducing judicial independence. Requiring Federal Judges to appear before Congress every time they issue a decision that some Committee Chairman decides they don’t would be an utter disaster. For one thing, it’s entirely likely that this Congressional power would quickly become subject to abuse as Congressmen and Senators use such hearings not only for political grandstanding but also to put pressure on judges to rule in a certain way in pending cases. Judges would quickly be faced with the dilemma of following the law as best they could and worrying about whether the ruling they issue means they end up on C-Span in three months time getting grilled by a Senator with dreams of running for President one day. It would be the death of judicial independence, and would be harm the rights of those seeking their day in Court who would find that there is an 800lb gorilla called the United States Congress looking over the Judge’s shoulder.
Another thought occurs, of course. If Gingrich believes that it would be proper for Congress to summon a Supreme Court Justice before it to explain themselves, then why wouldn’t it also be proper to summon the President himself before Congress to be questioned and forced to explain the basis for his decisions? What Gingrich is really talking about here is an idea that would set off a Constitutional crisis between the three branches of government.

Newt Gingrich’s Assault On The Judiciary

I fail to see how any conservative could support Gingrich, given his utter contempt for the Constitution and the rule of law. As noted in the cited article, his inane proposal would create a Congressional Dictatorship. Are conservatives no longer mindful of Federal excess and Congressional overreach? Where are the ‘small government’ conservatives to admonish Gingrich?

Or is this an example of the hypocrisy of the right, where they support a Congressional Dictatorship when it comes to wedge and social issues?

There’s something seriously wrong with Gingrich, his supporters, and the GOP in general.

I will only reply that I am willing to fight fire with fire. Playing nice has us 15 trillion in debt and counting. 20 trillion in less then 5. The debt will never be paid and it will get very ugly, it is only a question of when.

It was decided some time last year, that the only candidate the banksters would allow, other than Obama, was Romney. Silly voters.

Of all the folks here, you seem the most in need of taking a course of action. You are so certain that the rest of us dummies are being played.........and all you do is sit there and watch the show. What kind of patriot are you?

I will only reply that I am willing to fight fire with fire. Playing nice has us 15 trillion in debt and counting. 20 trillion in less then 5. The debt will never be paid and it will get very ugly, it is only a question of when.

I'm thinking some time after the beginning of the new yea

It was decided some time last year, that the only candidate the banksters would allow, other than Obama, was Romney. Silly voters.

Of all the folks here, you seem the most in need of taking a course of action. You are so certain that the rest of us dummies are being played.........and all you do is sit there and watch the show. What kind of patriot are you?

I don't think I'm the only one here who feels that way. The best course of action I've found is to support those who are willing to speak truth to power. Ron Paul is the most prominent, and I've supported his efforts in a number of ways. Do you have other suggestions?

I don't think I'm the only one here who feels that way. The best course of action I've found is to support those who are willing to speak truth to power. Ron Paul is the most prominent, and I've supported his efforts in a number of ways. Do you have other suggestions?

Keep pushing Paul. He may not be my first choice, but he seems to have more integrity than just about anyone else.

He deserves to be a part of the GOP leadership once we send President Obama packing.

For me, it is anyone but Obama and almost anyone but Newt or Obama.

Newt is merely a Jeffersonian extension of limiting judicial powers moved forward 200 years.

TJ's nonsense died back then, and even if Newt were elected, the nonsense would end quickly with him backing down very quickly.

Newt is merely a Jeffersonian extension of limiting judicial powers moved forward 200 years.

TJ's nonsense died back then, and even if Newt were elected, the nonsense would end quickly with him backing down very quickly.
Thomas Jefferson's nonsense?

Below are a list of sites that will help develop Jefferson's feud with the federal judiciary. He fell before judicial review, but Jackson and Lincoln later simpled ignored it when the court got in the way of what they wanted. I don't think Newt could punish judges, other than impeachment, and I don't think he would ignore them today.

Google "Jefferson and the judiciary."

President Jefferson Biography - Jefferson and the Judiciary eNotes - Literature Study Guides, Lesson Plans, and More. › Law and Politics › Presidential BiographiesCached - Similar
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
President Jefferson Biography - Jefferson and the Judiciary.
Judicial Tyranny was Foreseen by Thomas Jefferson www.restore-government-accountability.com/judicial-tyranny.htmlCached - Similar
Judicial tyranny: What Jefferson foresaw -- judicial usurpation of constitutional powers of People and of Congress -- so alarmed him that to its prevention he ...
The Attack on the Judiciary - SparkNotes www.sparknotes.com/history/american/firstyears/section5.rhtmlCached - Similar
The composition of the judicial branch of the national government was a major point of contention in the early years of Thomas Jefferson's presidency. In 1800 ...
Jefferson as President: His Judicial Blunders - H.A. Scott Trask ... mises.org/daily/4477Cached - Similar
Jul 20, 2010 – Jefferson failed to appoint a states' rights Republican to the Supreme Court who could rival John Marshall in erudition, strength of personality, ...
Midnight Judges Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_Judges_ActCached - Similar
The Midnight Judges Act (also known as the Judiciary Act of 1801; 2 Stat. .... Once elected, Jefferson set out to rescind the Judiciary Act of 1801 and remove ...
Fiscal and judiciary reform - Thomas Jefferson - policy, war, foreign ... Presidents: A Reference History › ... › Thomas JeffersonCached - Similar
The federal judiciary furnished the principal political battleground of Jefferson's first term. There were three battles and many skirmishes in the so-called war on ...
American President: Thomas Jefferson: Domestic Affairs millercenter.org/president/jefferson/essays/biography/4Cached - Similar
To make matters worse, just before Jefferson's inauguration, the lame-duck Federalist Congress passed the Judiciary Act of 1801. This piece of legislation ...
Thomas Jefferson and the Judiciary | Dr. Clark Jensen drclarkjensen.com/thomas-jefferson-and-the-judiciary/Cached
Jun 21, 2011 – Thomas Jefferson was serving as an ambassador to France when the Constitutional Convention was held. For the most part, Jefferson was ...
Jefferson on Politics & Government: Judicial Branch http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...bjects/.../ThomasJefferson/jeff1270.htmCached
"Render the judiciary respectable by every means possible, to wit, firm tenure in office, competent salaries and reduction of their numbers." --Thomas Jefferson to ...

I'm thinking some time after the beginning of the new yea

Its difficult to be optimistic when it comes to government spending and the inevitable results history has shown us time and again.

But somehow it is suppose to be different this time.

Thomas Jefferson's nonsense?

Below are a list of sites that will help develop Jefferson's feud with the federal judiciary. He fell before judicial review, but Jackson and Lincoln later simpled ignored it when the court got in the way of what they wanted. I don't think Newt could punish judges, other than impeachment, and I don't think he would ignore them today.

Google "Jefferson and the judiciary."

President Jefferson Biography - Jefferson and the Judiciary eNotes - Literature Study Guides, Lesson Plans, and More. › Law and Politics › Presidential BiographiesCached - Similar
President Jefferson Biography - Jefferson and the Judiciary.
Judicial Tyranny was Foreseen by Thomas Jefferson www.restore-government-accountability.com/judicial-tyranny.htmlCached - Similar
Judicial tyranny: What Jefferson foresaw -- judicial usurpation of constitutional powers of People and of Congress -- so alarmed him that to its prevention he ...
The Attack on the Judiciary - SparkNotes www.sparknotes.com/history/american/firstyears/section5.rhtmlCached - Similar
The composition of the judicial branch of the national government was a major point of contention in the early years of Thomas Jefferson's presidency. In 1800 ...
Jefferson as President: His Judicial Blunders - H.A. Scott Trask ... mises.org/daily/4477Cached - Similar
Jul 20, 2010 – Jefferson failed to appoint a states' rights Republican to the Supreme Court who could rival John Marshall in erudition, strength of personality, ...
Midnight Judges Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_Judges_ActCached - Similar
The Midnight Judges Act (also known as the Judiciary Act of 1801; 2 Stat. .... Once elected, Jefferson set out to rescind the Judiciary Act of 1801 and remove ...
Fiscal and judiciary reform - Thomas Jefferson - policy, war, foreign ... Presidents: A Reference History › ... › Thomas JeffersonCached - Similar
The federal judiciary furnished the principal political battleground of Jefferson's first term. There were three battles and many skirmishes in the so-called war on ...
American President: Thomas Jefferson: Domestic Affairs millercenter.org/president/jefferson/essays/biography/4Cached - Similar
To make matters worse, just before Jefferson's inauguration, the lame-duck Federalist Congress passed the Judiciary Act of 1801. This piece of legislation ...
Thomas Jefferson and the Judiciary | Dr. Clark Jensen drclarkjensen.com/thomas-jefferson-and-the-judiciary/Cached
Jun 21, 2011 – Thomas Jefferson was serving as an ambassador to France when the Constitutional Convention was held. For the most part, Jefferson was ...
Jefferson on Politics & Government: Judicial Branch http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...bjects/.../ThomasJefferson/jeff1270.htmCached
"Render the judiciary respectable by every means possible, to wit, firm tenure in office, competent salaries and reduction of their numbers." --Thomas Jefferson to ...

That's an impressive list that shows that the "liberal" nature of the founding fathers was more akin to the right wing of today than anything the liberals wallow in.

Jefferson, a slave owner and a classical liberal devoted to legislative supremacy, has much in common with Newt's wrong headed ideas. Just because TJ liked something did not mean it was a good thing.

The Republican/Tea Party supporters are a bunch of slow learners - the GOP "establishment" has long since decided that Romney will be their presidential nominee whether the rank-and-file want him or not!

The Karl Rove "types" in the Party are more than prepared to throw any Republican candidate "under the bus" if they challenge Romney.

THE "FIX" IS IN!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back