Gingrich's adultery shows a long-standing problem...

Eisenhower had an affair with his driver.
But that was pre Gary Hart. Post Gary Hart a politician's private life is fair game.

I don't fault him for three marriages but Newt has a history of being unethical, dishonest and very low down. Even if you don't mind him leaving his kids and sick wife with no heat and no food, even if its okay with you that he was asked to leave his church after they had to support his family, even if his more than 80 ethics violations and $300K fine are okay with you, he's just flat out unqualified to do anything except what he has shown himself to be very good at - write idiotic books and do the speaking circuit.

For Rick Santorum, First Day Of Political Reckoning Comes Sunday
Albert Calaway, a retired minister from Indianola, labeled Gingrich "a very fine empty suit with a broken zipper."

But, then, that pretty much describes the whole lot of them.

Why can't the GObP come up wit even one viable candidate?

Eisenhower had an affair with his driver.
But that was pre Gary Hart. Post Gary Hart a politician's private life is fair game.

They just picked on Gary Hartpence because he was Jewish. I get picked on all the time for being Jewish. I am not, though I do believe my Great Grandfather's mother was. Hitler might have put me in the ovens.

Over half of the Neubarths in the United States are Jewish. Neubarth means New Beard when translated from PlattDeutsch (Northern German Dialect - Essentially lower Saxon which was spoken from the Netherlands across northern Germany to East Prussia.) New Beard is a very Viking sounding name and I don't think it sounds very Jewish.

Gingrich's adultery shows a long-standing evil pattern of betrayal

In the present news coverage of Newt Gingrich's amazing rapid rise in the Republiscam Ranks, there is absolute amazement that evangelicals are willing to forgive his outrageous and disgusting serial offenses against God's Seventh Commandment.

Gingrich's adultery shows a long-standing pattern - SFGate

[...]"The assessment of political character is complicated. Some moral failures are clearly irrelevant. Others spill over into the public realm. Avarice is reasonably associated with corruption. A candidate caught purposely cheating on his or her taxes would be judged harshly. A candidate who shot dogs for fun would be disqualified for cruelty.

Matters of sex and relationships are more private than most. On the historical evidence, it can't be argued that a president who betrays his wife will betray his country." [...]

Adultery? Who does Newt think he is? Bill Clinton?

an update for you people on the facts.

Clinton is not running to try and gain the office of presidency........ Newt is.

Now Newt has a very obvious problem with staying faithful to whatever person is his wife at the time.

Clinton can fuck whomever he wishes as long as his wife doesnt mind.

I fully believe Hil and Bil, progressive as they have been all their lives, very likely had an agreement about extracirlicliar ativities.

Newt obviously just likes to cheat on his spouse.

Clinton is not running to try aznd gain the office of presidency........ Newt is.

Now Newt has a very obvious problem with staying faithful to whatever person is his wife at the time.

I fully believe Hil and Bil, progressive as they have been all their lives, very likely had an agreement about extracirlicliar ativities.

Oh sorry. I guess a better example of a POS adulterer running for office would have been John Edwards. Remember him? On the Kerry ticket, dumbfuck? Sure ya do, ya knuckle dragging inbred.

If we are only going to elect perfect people to office it will be a pretty short list. But, yes, all of his life should be considered. But, people change and people make mistakes. I would rather have someone who has lived life and made mistakes and learned than some newbie who just fell off the turnip truck who hasn't lived life yet. Everyone makes mistakes along the way. if he was engaged in affairs now, that would have more relevance.

Clinton is not running to try aznd gain the office of presidency........ Newt is.

Oh sorry. I guess a better example of a POS adulterer running for office would have been John Edwards. Remember him? On the Kerry ticket, dumbfuck? Sure ya do, ya knuckle dragging inbred.

As previously stated, "Sex on the side" appears to be a reward for success in life for most men. Fidelity appears to be the exception rather than the rule for most wealthy men.

I consider myself to be successful but not money grubbing. I retired at age 52 because I just did not see the need to continue trying to gain more and more and more money. Along the way I have had many offers from many women, but have declined all of them. I believe in fidelity and commitment to marriage.

On a different topic, Rebbi, I am not convinced that Perry has a mind fast enough for the presidency. He reminds me of a male version of the former Alaskan Governor.

I loved Reagan's quick quips before the Alzheimer's set in. The greatest was "There you go again!" I hear people say that Reagan's IQ was close to average. It probably was, but his brain speed was phenomenal in his prime. I am a slower processor, but I really admire people with quick brains. It is just like computers. 20 years ago an Intel 286 was adequate. Then when the Intel 386 came out I had to have it. Then the 486, (I think those were the numbers.) because it was so much faster. If we equated those to human brains, most people have 286's in speed. Reagan was a 486 or better. I'm a 386 with fantastic memory capacity (though it is starting to fail me now that I am in my mid Sixties.)

Last edited:

As previously stated, "Sex on the side" appears to be a reward for success in life for most men. Fidelity appears to be the exception rather than the rule for most wealthy men.

I consider myself to be successful but not money grubbing. I retired at age 52 because I just did not see the need to continue trying to gain more and more and more money. Along the way I have had many offers from many women, but have declined all of them. I believe in fidelity and commitment to marriage.

On a different topic, Rebbi, I am not convinced that Perry has a mind fast enough for the presidency. He reminds me of a male version of the former Alaskan Governor.

Not for me. I have been married for almost 25 years and have never had an affair.

I bet you were claiming Clinton's illegal sexual conduct with underlings that worked for him was just sex between two consenting adults and no ones business right?
Uh......Monica Lewinsky never worked for him.

Besides.....with Gingrich, it was more a matter o' Clinton's moral-failings.

db120108.jpg

"Kip Carter, his former campaign treasurer, was walking Newt's daughters back from a football game one day......"

Newt Gingrich Ministries

New Topics

Forum List

Back