Gingrich Wants Kids To Work As Janitors, But Refused To Work Himself

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Alex Seitz-Wald

Newt Gingrich has made headlines and raised eyebrows on the campaign trail for proposing to make poor children work as janitors in their school, saying it would help them understand the value of work and money.

But apparently, even on child janitorial work, Gingrich is employing a double standard. As Karen Tumulty notes, in a 1995 Vanity Fair profile, Gingrich seemed to refuse to get a job as a student. From the profile:

Newt, who avoided Vietnam with student and marriage deferments, resisted taking a job. During his college years, Newt called up his father and stepmother to ask for financial help. His stepmother, Marcella McPherson, can still hear his exact words: “I do not want to go to work. I want all my time for my studies…Bob Gingrich told me he will not help me one bit. So I wondered, would you people help me?” Big Newt began sending him monthly checks.

Dolores Adamson, Gingrich’s district administrator from 1978 to 1983, remembers, “Jackie [Gingrich's first wife] put him all the way through school. All the way through the P.h.D…He didn’t work.” Adds Adamson, “Personal funds have never meant anything to him. He’s worse than a six-year-old trying to keep his bank balance…Jackie did that.”

Gingrich Wants Kids To Work As Janitors, But Refused To Work Himself | ThinkProgress

Gingrich urges students to get part-time jobs — apparently unlike himself - The Washington Post

The Inner Quest Of Newt Gingrich | The Long March Of Newt Gingrich | FRONTLINE | PBS

More hyperbolic bullshit from the left wing media. He didn't say he'd 'make' them work as janitors, he suggested that kids from poor backgrounds could voluntarily work. What an outrageous thing to do! Encourage kids to learn about work ethics early!

Actually, thinking about it... I can understand why the left would not like this. Teaching a work ethic early, instead of teaching an 'entitlement attitude'. Goes against the left's belief in keeping the poor, poor.

Really guys, aren't you taking a step backward from the "He wants to send kids to war, but didn't fight himself" meme??:D

these libtards remind me of the drone of bees.. drone drone drone buzzzzzzz.

The guy was speaker of the house, which is a job
Newt worked at his own business

...Worked harder then half this nation.

No, what he did was AVOID working.

And, I dare you to prove he "worked harder than half this nation". That's a ridiculous thing to say but very like something Noot himself would say.

He's a lying hypocrite.

Anyone surprised?

The guy was speaker of the house, which is a job
Newt worked at his own business

...Worked harder then half this nation.

No, what he did was AVOID working.

And, I dare you to prove he "worked harder than half this nation". That's a ridiculous thing to say but very like something Noot himself would say.

He's a lying hypocrite.
....And, KNOWS how to pick his.....

New Topics

Forum List

Back