Gingrich says he's considering presidential run

We need a fiscal Conservative who puts a balanced budget on the top of his 'to do' list.

Can bill Clinton legally run again?

We all know Reagan (Newt's hero), Bush & Bush never balanced a budget.

Nope lol he can't 4 Terms of FDR saw to that. Seems even though he was so "great" we saw fit to pass a constitutional Amendment making sure NOBODY ever served that long again :)

not quite true.

Joe Martin was from Massachusetts. It was his Congress.

This wikipedia ref. seems to me to be one of the fairest accounts of what transpired as far as I know: United States House of Representatives elections, 1946 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The vote was largely seen as a referendum on Truman, whose approval rating had sunk to 32%[1] over the president's controversial handling of a wave of post-war labor strikes, and even more so, the back-and-forth over whether to end unpopular wartime price controls to handle shortages, particularly in meat and other foodstuffs. While Truman's early months in the White House had been plagued with questions of "What would Roosevelt do if he were alive?" Republicans now began to joke "What would Truman do if he were alive?" and "To err is Truman."[2]

The president's lack of popular support is widely seen as the reason for the Democrats' congressional defeat, the largest since they were trounced in the 1928 pro-Republican wave that brought Herbert Hoover to power. And for the first time since before the Great Depression, Republicans were seen as the party which could best handle the American economy.

The 22nd Amendment is an abortion.

Nope lol he can't 4 Terms of FDR saw to that. Seems even though he was so "great" we saw fit to pass a constitutional Amendment making sure NOBODY ever served that long again :)

Who voted for that Amendment and why? Funny thing is, one of FDR's biggest defeats came from Democrats. We'll never see that with a GOP Congress and a Republican President:eusa_whistle:

Well considering it takes a 2/3's majority in both houses of congress, and ratification by 2/3's of the states to become an amendment. I would guess a whole lot of people voted for it.

Passing a constitution Amendment is extremely hard to do. The Dems with their super majority in Both Houses would still have needed a lot of Republican support to ever have passed one. It pretty much takes the VAST majority of Americans being for it, to get one through.

"Passing a constitution Amendment is extremely hard to do" in most political environments. But there are times when the planets align...

See my post above. Joe Martin and Truman's first year.

We need a fiscal Conservative who puts a balanced budget on the top of his 'to do' list.

Bill Cliton.. with all that baggage...shezz they still love and forgive him...:lol::lol::lol:

I love Bill Clinton and think he has nothing to apologize for, except being human and being hunted like a criminal by scum bags on the right.

Dr. Eric Vornoff: "Home? I have no home. Hunted, despised, Living like an animal! The jungle is my home. But I will show the world that I can be its master! I will perfect my own race of people. A race of atomic supermen which will conquer the world! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

Bill Cliton.. with all that baggage...shezz they still love and forgive him...:lol::lol::lol:

I love Bill Clinton and think he has nothing to apologize for, except being human and being hunted like a criminal by scum bags on the right.

Dr. Eric Vornoff: "Home? I have no home. Hunted, despised, Living like an animal! The jungle is my home. But I will show the world that I can be its master! I will perfect my own race of people. A race of atomic supermen which will conquer the world! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

:lol:.. You hardly expect me to be surprised do you..?

I must admit.. with Clinton, it's difficult to not like the guy at a certain level... but it's still fun tweaking Democrats over him.. damn it...I miss it....:lol:

I liked the quote..

If he didn't make excuses for Robert "kkk" Byrd's behavior as a 46 year old senator filibustering the civil rights act or as a recruiting member of the KKK I would vote him back into office. Man the 90's were A-OK, especially compared to now....hell i'd take the 80's back.

[/FONT]Dr. Eric Vornoff: "Home? I have no home. Hunted, despised, Living like an animal! The jungle is my home. But I will show the world that I can be its master! I will perfect my own race of people. A race of atomic supermen which will conquer the world! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

I must admit.. with Clinton, it's difficult to not like the guy at a certain level... but it's still fun tweaking Democrats over him.. damn it...I miss it....:lol:

I liked the quote..

My rift with progressives and finally Democrats started with how many people treated (or stood by doing shit) Clinton during the witch hunts.

I almost threw a television out a window when watching a panel show with Cockie Roberts. The bitch was asked a question about Clinton and his troubles that I remember as being mostly political in nature (the questions) and I remember her preceding her comments with an aside "as a mother, blah, blah, blah..."

she wasn't being paid to offer her views as a mother. I never tuned in to get motherly advice from her. It was a fucking political show.

The right only got to savage the Clintons and their friends because the so-called liberal media never had any balls and the liberal media in America has never really existed.

[/FONT]Dr. Eric Vornoff: "Home? I have no home. Hunted, despised, Living like an animal! The jungle is my home. But I will show the world that I can be its master! I will perfect my own race of people. A race of atomic supermen which will conquer the world! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

I liked the quote..

My rift with progressives and finally Democrats started with how many people treated (or stood by doing shit) Clinton during the witch hunts.

I almost threw a television out a window when watching a panel show with Cockie Roberts. The bitch was asked a question about Clinton and his troubles that I remember as being mostly political in nature (the questions) and I remember her preceding her comments with an aside "as a mother, blah, blah, blah..."

she wasn't being paid to offer her views as a mother. I never tuned in to get motherly advice from her. It was a fucking political show.

The right only got to savage the Clintons and their friends because the so-called liberal media never had any balls and the liberal media in America has never really existed.

I tell Ya Dante.. I sometimes think a Clinton redux thread would be fun.. It brings me back to the days on the AOL Political Boards when I first started posting...All said and done though.. it was an interesting time for all sides and for the country. Considering the entirety, Clinton came out of it okay.

I was surprised during the last election how the Clinton saga was brought up by the liberal media (I believe it exists) when they had chosen Obama over Hillary..

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

I liked the quote..

I tell Ya Dante.. I sometimes think a Clinton redux thread would be fun.. It brings me back to the days on the AOL Political Boards when I first started posting...All said and done though.. it was an interesting time for all sides and for the country. Considering the entirety, Clinton came out of it okay.

I was surprised during the last election how the Clinton saga was brought up by the liberal media (I believe it exists) when they had chosen Obama over Hillary..[/
QUOTE]
____

You got that right - they sold the Clintons out big time. They were all googoo ga ga over helping elect the first dark skinned prez - so it was out with the first woman prez and in with the Obama prez - thrills n tingles and all that nonsense.

And so we see network news having lost another million viewers this past year, and Fox News continueing its complete domination of the cable news cycle...

Gingrich, Palin, Romney, and Huckabee all in the rat race for the Republican nomination most likely for 2012. A victory for any of them will be a victory..for Obama. :lol:
Well......ya' got.....

.....ONE right!!

135487702_244x183.jpg

".....'N, your head's too fat!!"

Bright guy, but way too much baggage. The press would have a field day with him.

I agree. He is bright.

Some of his baggage is malignment. For instance, in '94 congress voted to reduce taxes. They also voted for a stopgap bill so that the government could continue to run if President Clinton vetoed the bill. It was all done in good faith.

President Clinton decided to veto both bills; and the press blamed Gingrich and congress entirely for closing the government.

The press will have a field day whoever wins.

This election might be determined by the Aylatola (spelling mine). Almost half of the politicians in Iraq are bought by Iran. All that someone has to do is find number two man in Iraq and say: "Pst. Would you like to be number one? We can help."

With one little coup -- no invasion -- they would have the Middle East locked up.

If they do that this year. We will have a Republican. This is especially true if oil priced skyrocketed. Remember 1980? It was about the economy stupid.

If Iran is patient, they could have four more years to do their mischief.

Right now, it is beginning to look like Obama on one side, and the Republican on the other side + that Gary fellow that no one has ever heard of, and Ron Paul. The anti Obama vote could be split 3 ways.

Forum List

Back