Gingrich (R) walking-back his statement on MTP?

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
So what he's saying is his words can't be trusted? He was given all the time he needed to describe his ideal plan, which he did:
Gingrich: I made a mistake – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
"Let me say on the record: Any ad which quotes what I said Sunday is a falsehood. I have said publicly those words were inaccurate and unfortunate. And I'm prepared to stand up, when I make a mistake – and I'm going to on occasion – I want to stand up and share with the American people that was a mistake, because that way we can have an honest conversation," he added.

YOU LIE!!!
The uproar stems from Gingrich's comments during an interview on NBC's "Meet the Press" Sunday, when the former House Speaker called a Medicare provision in the GOP budget proposal spearheaded by Ryan "right wing social engineering" and later indicated he supports requiring every citizen to buy health insurance or instead post a bond for insurance.
Why is he backpedaling? The Repubs already threw Ryan under the bus last week. Also, how can quoting him be a falsehood? :eusa_eh: He made a truthful & reasoned statement.

matson2.jpg

Forum List

Back