Gingrich Polling Poorly Outside of Republican Party

the republican party can not win as long as the tea party rules the party.

Any candidate the tea party forces on the country cant win a genreal election.

They can not win with them or without them.

Come on... who doesn't like a fat, old, pasty white dude for President? Nobody, that's who!

Racist nutjob says what?

you dont evern understand that joke do you?

Your party is picking yet again a seriously flawed candidate with a proven lack of morals.

Throwing arround the word racism when you have no idea what racism is is so very typical of you brain chained tea party fools.

It is hard to believe that the so called, and I repeat so called, Christian right with its presumed moral conscience could support Newt? It demonstrates the hypocrisy of many on that side of the ideological fence that morality only matters when it is the morality of the opponent - even when the morality of the opponent is a fiction.

Possible Presidential Candidate Newt Gingrich - The Dark Side

"Adultery: Callista Bisek. Anne Manning. The unnamed "young volunteer". Are we missing anyone?

Draft dodger

Dead-Beat Dad

Family Values? Pressing Wife for Divorce in the Hospital

House Banking Scandal: Newt Bounced 22 Checks

Book Deals: Murdoch's $4.5 Million wasn't the first

GOPAC sleaze: Taxpayer subsidies for his partisan campaign course.

Corporate reward: $2,500/month to Newt's wife

Who Owns Him?"

The GOP sheep on this board will not admit the stark truth. Newt cannot beat Obama in the general. There is no way he can get rid of all the skeletons in his closet. But the sheep will stick to his slimy side until Romney is nominated.

Last edited:
Hell Romeny cant beat Obama.

No real candidate would run this time because they knew the tea party would screw the party.

You keep telling yourself that.... I guess you were asleep during the whole 2010 thing, eh?

Not that I see the TEA party "ruling" the GOP. TEA activists have complaints with both Romney and Gingrich, but will probably lean towards Gingrich.

But 2012 will at the end of the day be a referendum on Obama. His approval rating is at 44% right now, and no president has won with an approval rating below 49....

Hell Romeny cant beat Obama.

No real candidate would run this time because they knew the tea party would screw the party.

If Romney gets the GOP nod, then the Tea party will be sure to run their own candidate...or the "King of Hair" Trump will run. The GOP is in a pickle!

The GOP sheep on this board will not admit the stark truth. Newt cannot beat Obama in the general. There is no way he can get rid of all the skeletons in his closet. But the sheep will stick to his slimmy side until Romney is nominated.

I don't think Romney's going to get nominated. What is pretty clear is that Republicans really don't like the guy.

Romney is the guy with the awesome resume who completely creeps the interviewer out on teh first office visit. The more people see of him, the less they like him.

And frankly, if you think Americans are going to care about the "skeletons in the closet" Newt has when we are facing 9% unemployment, 5 trillion in new debt, and all sorts of other problems, you are delusional.

Elections with incumbants are always about the incumbant. If Obama is as unpopular in November as he is now, he's done. Period.

I don't think Gingrich is really popular among Republicans. They will back him because he's going to be the party standard bearer. Everyone likes to listen to him, but no one really likes him and that's why he 's not going to be president. People don't vote for people then don't like.

Then Obama is toast, since people stopped liking him a long time ago...

Now Joe, you know that statement is patently false. While the president's job approval rating might not be spectacular (except when you compare it to the approval rating of Congress), his "likeability" is still extremely high.

You keep telling yourself that.... I guess you were asleep during the whole 2010 thing, eh?

Not that I see the TEA party "ruling" the GOP. TEA activists have complaints with both Romney and Gingrich, but will probably lean towards Gingrich.

But 2012 will at the end of the day be a referendum on Obama. His approval rating is at 44% right now, and no president has won with an approval rating below 49....

you must have missed the part of the 2010 thing where harry reid won because the teanut gallery put nutter sharron angle up against him. that would have been a gimme for the repubs if they picked someone sane.

and i'll remind you that the teatard lost in delaware, too... both those nutters were backed by the tweeting twit herself.

you also must have missed the part of the 2010 thing where the repubs lost NY-23 for the first time in decades because they split the vote between a normal repub and a teatard.

you must have missed the part of the 2010 thing where harry reid won because the teanut gallery put nutter sharron angle up against him. that would have been a gimme for the repubs if they picked someone sane.

and i'll remind you that the teatard lost in delaware, too... both those nutters were backed by the tweeting twit herself.

you also must have missed the part of the 2010 thing where the repubs lost NY-23 for the first time in decades because they split the vote between a normal repub and a teatard.
Have you noticed how often Newt requires damage control? When he attacked child labor laws, his campaign was there to explain what he really meant. When he proposed immigration reform which was at odds with his party, they were there. In a 2005 TV interview, [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcSjLvWLcxE]Newt in 2005 Supporting Individual Mandate - YouTube[/ame] he proposed what is now Obamacare. His interpreters now tell us that's not what he said.

I just saw this too. Whomever the hard right base likes because of ideology fails in the general: First Read - First Thoughts: Electability vs. ideology

102475_600.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think Gingrich is really popular among Republicans. They will back him because he's going to be the party standard bearer. Everyone likes to listen to him, but no one really likes him and that's why he 's not going to be president. People don't vote for people then don't like.

Then Obama is toast, since people stopped liking him a long time ago...

Now Joe, you know that statement is patently false. While the president's job approval rating might not be spectacular (except when you compare it to the approval rating of Congress), his "likeability" is still extremely high.

54% say he doesn't deserve re-election... I would say the bloom is off the rose...

I just saw this too. Whomever the hard right base likes because of ideology fails in the general: First Read - First Thoughts: Electability vs. ideology

102475_600.jpg
Ideology fails in a general election because people are not voting on an ideology. They are voting for person they like, they trust, or a person that they agree with. Voters seem to know what the politicos don't. There is no such thing as true liberal or conservative once elected.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back