Gingrich: Palestinians an ‘invented’ people

Jordon was created by Britain. Most of the states of the Middle East are creations of the British Empire. Including even Isreal.

except that israel has a history of thousands of years and jerusalem was always the holy site of the jewish religion.

there were "israelites" for thousands of years.

Palestine is in the Bible...its a pretty old book.

I doubt if Newt has ever saw a Bible. Most Americans never heard and didn't care about Palestine until the oil crisis of the 70's.

except that israel has a history of thousands of years and jerusalem was always the holy site of the jewish religion.

Palestine is in the Bible...its a pretty old book.

I doubt if Newt has ever saw a Bible. Most Americans never heard and didn't care about Palestine until the oil crisis of the 70's.

The bible only matters to Conservatives when it regards social issues, and then... it only counts when it's social issues that they don't like.

Remember, the evangelical wing of the GOP supports Israel because that's where Jesus is supposed to make his entrance for the Rapture...

yea those evangelicals, they wound up their time machine and had harry truman make a statement of sppt. and formerly recognize Israel, they sure are crafty, those evangelicals....:rolleyes:
Harry had two million good Zionist reasons for supporting Israel:

"Sometime in the late 1950s, that world-class gossip and occasional historian, John F. Kennedy, told me how, in 1948, Harry S. Truman had been pretty much abandoned by everyone when he came to run for president.

"Then an American Zionist brought him two million dollars in cash, in a suitcase, aboard his whistle-stop campaign train. 'That's why our recognition of Israel was rushed through so fast...'

Jewish History, Jewish Religion: The Weight of Three Thousand Years

Jordon was created by Britain. Most of the states of the Middle East are creations of the British Empire. Including even Isreal.

Yeah, that's great.

Why can't you share, just out of curiosity?

Remember, the evangelical wing of the GOP supports Israel because that's where Jesus is supposed to make his entrance for the Rapture...

yea those evangelicals, they wound up their time machine and had harry truman make a statement of sppt. and formerly recognize Israel, they sure are crafty, those evangelicals....:rolleyes:

"Sometime in the late 1950s, that world-class gossip and occasional historian, John F. Kennedy, told me how, in 1948, Harry S. Truman had been pretty much abandoned by everyone when he came to run for president.

"Then an American Zionist brought him two million dollars in cash, in a suitcase, aboard his whistle-stop campaign train. 'That's why our recognition of Israel was rushed through so fast...'

do you have any links to back that up other than gore vidals word? 2 Million was a huge amount of cash back then, I am, 'skeptical'.

Especially in the light of the FACTS in that; Truman was speaking out for Jews ( and continued to push for more immigration of jews to israel) as early as August 1945, just 3 months in office. AND in Oct 1946, (note the date please) he issued a statement on sppt. of a Jewish state?hello. :rolleyes:

Then America is an invented nation as well.

Pretty much! We had a small indigneous population but the country was populated mostly by settlers from other places. As was Australia.

Israel just isn't going to let these foreigners take over their country.

Take over their country? The region belonged to the Palestinians for over a millenium. It was Jewish immigration that thwarted Palestine being established as its own state in the first place, after the fall of the Ottoman Empire. The two-state solution was the plan to GIVE the Jews a state out of Palestinian land. But they decided to take matters into their own hands and took the country away from the Palestinians.

Differing views on what? Whether Israel should exist? Whether Hamas is a terrorist organization? Whether Israel is entitled to safe secure boarders? whether the pals have rejected every opportunity for peace? Whether a group of Bedouin transjordanians have the right to displace Israeli's? Whether the Arabs lost their wars and don't get a do-over?

These aren't opinions. They are facts. No one is entitled to their own facts, though they are entitled to their own opinions.
And using pal propaganda sites as sources would be like using the KKK as a resource on black intelligace. You would acknowledge that racism, but refuse to acknowledge the issue I raised.

So now tell me. My great grandparents had a lot of property and wealth in Belarus. They were run off by pogroms and lost everything. Dio I get a right of return and their property back?

First off... I haven't seen ANYONE say that Israel didn't have a right to exist(unless I missed it, of course). As far as the rest... I just mentioned just a few minutes ago how BOTH sides need to put aside their religious differences and work on a secular solution. There have been abuses on both sides. You can't expect the Palestinians to NOT respond as their land keeps getting encroached upon by the Israeli government setting up more and more settlements. No more than you wouldn't expect Israel NOT to react to suicide bombers and other acts of terrorism.

I must have missed the PAL propaganda... I'll look back. As far as the trans-jordanian transplant bullshit... I find it amusing that Palestine is even mentioned in the bible, but to you it's a "manufactured state".

As far as your parents in Belarus? I guess if enough people came to reclaim it... you could try, couldn't you?

yea, you missed it. shocker!!!!:lol:

go read hamas's charter of 1987.

and-

Despite pressure, Hamas leader says Israel has 'no right to exist'
Russia fails to convince Hamas to recognize Israel, says Hamas would agree to year-long ceasefire.

MOSCOW - Palestinian election winner Hamas will not recognize Israel despite pressure from Russia to do so during talks in Moscow, a senior leader of the Islamic militant group said on Saturday.

Moussa Abu Marzouk, Hamas's deputy political leader, told Reuters in an interview that recognizing Israel would negate all Palestinian rights.

"It means a negation of the Palestinian people and their rights and their property, of Jerusalem and the holy sites, as well as negation of their right of return. Therefore the recognition of Israel is not on the agenda," Abu Marzouk said.

"We believe that Israel has no right to exist", he added later in remarks to an Arab audience. "Hamas will never take such a step."

On Friday, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov told a Hamas delegation during a first day of talks it must recognise Israel's right to exist and abide by interim peace deals.

more at-

Despite pressure, Hamas leader says Israel has 'no right to exist' - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News
"Lavrov (Russian Foreign Minister) said there was a 'need for Hamas having been elected to a political body to transform itself into a political party and to be sure that the military wing of Hamas become a legitimate part of the Palestinian security structures.'

"Lavrov urged patience, saying that 'we don't expect that Hamas will do all this and change itself overnight... It will be a process, hopefully not as long as the process in Great Britain regarding Northern Ireland,' he added."

The first British Military Governor of Palestine, Sir Ronald Storrs, spoke of creating a little, loyal Jewish Ulster in the heart of Arab hostilism in 1922. Looks like he got that one right.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/despite-pressure-hamas-leader-says-israel-has-no-right-to-exist-1.181563

[not really. palestine was the name given to the mandate by the british. the people now called palestinians were transjordanian bedouins who took on the name palestinian after the establishment of the state of israel.

they can call themselves palestinians if they want, but no people by that name has any history in the region.

If that's true, then explain this:

...the Colchians, the Egyptians, and the Ethiopians, are the only nations who have practised circumcision from the earliest times. The Phoenicians and the Syrians of Palestine themselves confess that they learnt the custom of the Egyptians.... Now these are the only nations who use circumcision.

Herodotus, Greek historian, circa 450 BC

do you have any links to back that up other than gore vidals word? 2 Million was a huge amount of cash back then, I am, 'skeptical'.

Especially in the light of the FACTS in that; Truman was speaking out for Jews ( and continued to push for more immigration of jews to israel) as early as August 1945, just 3 months in office. AND in Oct 1946, (note the date please) he issued a statement on sppt. of a Jewish state?hello. :rolleyes:
"Many who are aware of Harry Truman's support for Israel and his desegregation of the armed forces are shocked by the anti-Semitic statements contained in his recently discovered 1947 diary.

"But Truman's bigotry comes as little surprise to historians who have studied the man and his career.

"Truman's ugly comments about Jews being 'very, very selfish' and, as such, not caring 'how many Estonians, Latvians, Finns, Poles, Yugoslavs or Greeks get murdered,' or his charge that 'neither Hitler nor Stalin has anything on them for cruelty or mistreatment to the underdog,' are distressingly consistent with his disparaging views about other racial and ethnic minorities.

"As a younger man, he wrote in a 1911 letter to his wife, Bess: 'I think one man is as good as another so long as he's honest and decent and not a ****** or a Chinaman."

We Can Learn a Lot From Truman the Bigot - Los Angeles Times

Racist tools like Truman supported a Jewish state for the same reason Charles I supported the Ulster Plantation in 1609; divide and conquer is how all empires grow sick and die.

Israel was created in 1948 to buy US made weapons that were paid for by US taxpayers.
At a time when two-thirds of the population of Mandate Palestine was not Jewish.

Markos Moulitsas of the Daily Kos nailed it last night on Countdown when he said that with this Gingrich has positioned himself to the right of the hardliners in Israel.

Forum List

Back