Gingrich Makes Political Visit to Iowa

I have a problem with Newt. Mainly his alliance with hillary in whatever they are up to with medicare. I really don't enjoy seeing Republican praise the witch, especially when I don't see how she has earned it.

Besides we all know where Hillary plans to take her medicare and it certainly isnt to small government ideals. So I can't figure out why Newt is helping her. I don't know who I want to see as President, but I'm not sure I'd want to put Newt up as our candidate.

I'm not so sure either. Why the heck is Newt teaming with Hillary on Healthcare? On H&C Sean Hannity asked him what the deal was but he evaded any substantive answer. Seems like this kind of alliance would hurt him more than help him if he has his eye on the Presidency. Letting the Feds have control of our medical records is not exactly a popular item with the Republican base either. Is this another Newt miscalculation? However, Newt supports federal funding of health care for illegals, so maybe not.

WASHINGTON - They once were polar opposites. She was the first lady with a massive health-care plan and dire warnings of a "vast right-wing conspiracy." He was the policy wonk who led the 1994 Republican revolution that installed him as speaker of the House of Representatives.

Yesterday, Hillary Rodham Clinton and Newt Gingrich stood side by side, chummily advocating bipartisan legislation on electronic health-care records. At a time of blistering partisanship in the capital, it was an eye-popping Washington moment.

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/heraldleader/news/nation/11625397.htm

GINGRICH JUMPS THE SHARK
NEWT & HILLARY, ICONS OF 90S DYSFUNCTION

Newt Gingrich has jumped into bed with Hillary Clinton, figuratively speaking. The two icons of nineties political dysfunction held a press conference together in which they announced their joint effort to get the federal government meddling even more in health care. The proposal that bureaucracies in Washington, DC take over our medical records is just another in a long tragic list of bungles by Newt Gingrich.

Given that Gingrich believes in this proposal about the federal government taking control over medical records (scary thought), joining forces with Hillary Clinton on it can only serve to give cover for her in the 2008 general election. Everybody remembers Hillary-care and hated her ideas, this Gingrich should know. Yet he has now taken the health-care weapon out of his arsenal were he to face her in a general election.

Newt Gingrich alienates the GOP’s base by this joint initiative with Hillary Clinton. His ideas about federalizing medical records are anathema to both conservatives and civil libertarians. He proposed and supported federal funding for illegal immigrant health care. And were he to be nominated, Gingrich has immunized Hillary from her early nineties health care debacle. As if Republicans needed a demonstration of it, the Gingrich-Hillary episode proves that he is worse than unsuitable as a conservative leader.

http://www.etherzone.com/2005/frank051305.shtml

Forum List

Back