Gingrich Makes Political Visit to Iowa

5stringJeff

Sep 15, 2003
Puyallup, WA
Condi or Newt? Newt or Condi? Talk about a hard choice...

---------------------
Gingrich Makes Political Visit to Iowa

By MIKE GLOVER, Associated Press Writer
Thu May 12, 5:01 AM ET

WEST DES MOINES, Iowa - Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich conceded Wednesday that he might run for president in 2008, but said he will spend the coming years focusing on changes needed in the nation and less time talking about his own political ambitions.

"The message I'm trying to send is we need to have a discussion over the next three years about really big changes," he said in an interview with The Associated Press.

"We need some time spent by would-be political leaders talking about their vision for the future and answering big questions — before they run out and hire the consultants and the 30-second attack commercials," the former Republican lawmaker said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050512/ap_on_re_us/gingrich_iowa

I know that I could seriously consider being mostly republican if newt got back in to the leadership.

According to Dick Morris, Condi is the only one who can beat Hillary.

The media will eat Newt's lunch if he runs. They never did opinion polls on Speaker of the House until he was.

insein said:
Newt. He has the small government ideals. Condi is smart and ambitious but i dont know about her compared to newt.

I bet she'd have more credibility. I'd just be scared for her safety...there are a LOT of whackos out there... :(

wolverine said:
According to Dick Morris, Condi is the only one who can beat Hillary.

The media will eat Newt's lunch if he runs. They never did opinion polls on Speaker of the House until he was.

On the other hand, it could be "The Grinch Who Stole The Election". :D

What kind of messaage would it send to the world if we had a man named after a salamander in the White House?

I have a problem with Newt. Mainly his alliance with hillary in whatever they are up to with medicare. I really don't enjoy seeing Republican praise the witch, especially when I don't see how she has earned it.

Besides we all know where Hillary plans to take her medicare and it certainly isnt to small government ideals. So I can't figure out why Newt is helping her. I don't know who I want to see as President, but I'm not sure I'd want to put Newt up as our candidate.

I have a problem with Newt. Mainly his alliance with hillary in whatever they are up to with medicare. I really don't enjoy seeing Republican praise the witch, especially when I don't see how she has earned it.
That's about Newt trying to make nice with the media because he knows they will eat his lunch.

Newt's not bad but not presidential material, he'd be a damn fine chief of staff or hell, even a VP. Nowadays, he is a consensus builder and someone who views the big picture.

I'm losing respect for Rice, though she deserves acolades and high marks for her overall performance thus far.

I'd rather see Sen. Brownback (R-KS) be the next president.

rtwngAvngr said:
Newt is the man!
definately !!!!!!!!!!!-------he needs to get his butt out there and be heard----This is exactly the guy we need--I'm afraid Condi is merely an emotional hope--she would be chewed up and spit out by both political machines---Newt knows his stuff

Forum List

Back