Gingrich is killing it in these debates

Everything you know about monopolies, cartels and collusion. There has never been a monopoly in this country that wasn't government enforced. Cartels always fall apart.

The NBA is a classic example of a government enforced monopoly. OPEC has never been able to enforce any of its quotas on production or prices. Cable monopolies are all government enforced.

All you did is demonstrate your complete ignorance.

No wonder you're a Krugman fan.
You left out oil companies, Braniac. There are a few who control the entire market.

I mentioned OPEC, dipstick. I'll repeat, despite having no legal hindrances, OPEC has been unable to enforce any of its production quotas or price limits.

Are you saying that if a government doesn't break up a monopoly (cable), it is enforcing the monopoly?
Government created the cable monopoly. Virtually every city in the country grants a monopoly to one cable company or another. that is, they legally exclude any other company from providing services in the area.

Every true monopoly that has ever existed has been government enforced.

OPEC aren't oil companies, Braniac. I'm talking Exxon, Shell, BP...

You left out oil companies, Braniac. There are a few who control the entire market.

I mentioned OPEC, dipstick. I'll repeat, despite having no legal hindrances, OPEC has been unable to enforce any of its production quotas or price limits.

Are you saying that if a government doesn't break up a monopoly (cable), it is enforcing the monopoly?
Government created the cable monopoly. Virtually every city in the country grants a monopoly to one cable company or another. that is, they legally exclude any other company from providing services in the area.

Every true monopoly that has ever existed has been government enforced.

OPEC aren't oil companies, Braniac. I'm talking Exxon, Shell, BP...

OPEC is a cartel of oil producers, and it fails to have the control you claim it should have.

You think the companies you listed have a monopoly, seriously? Since you can mention more than one, they obviously don't have a monopoly. Furthermore, oil is traded on the world market, so it's nonsensical to talk about American companies having "control" of the market. Furthermore, there are at least 20 American oil companies. That hardly paints a picture of a limited number of competitors.

Any way you look at it, you're wrong.

Please show the intelligence prerequisite for the Nobel Peace Prize

Krugman got the Nobel prize for economics, not peace. However, he's still an idiot. Put him in a room with any halfway intelligent free market economist and he turns into a blubbering moron. I've seen some debates where Krugman's opponent had him practically in tears.

Sit him down with Walter Williams. It would be priceless.

Or Thomas Sowell. God, I would pay money to see that.

Dr. Paul won the S.C. debate:

He won that debate:
Rick Perry Unleashes His Inner Cowboy in Fox News Debate - The Daily Beast
Ron Paul’s crotchety meter was turned to 11, with the scrappy Texan refusing to give an inch no matter how hard the moderators tried to shame him or put words in his mouth. “Clearly you don’t understand my position,” he pushed back when pestered about his position on military spending. Even when the crowd turned loud and nasty on certain foreign-policy points, Paul refused to soft-pedal his anti-interventionism.

Neither would he pretend to feel bad about roughing up the competition. Arguably the best moment of the night: asked if he felt bad about his recent assault on Rick Santorum, Paul declared that his only regret was that he couldn’t fit more slaps into his ads—then proceeded to tick off additional parts of Santorum’s record that he finds objectionable. Take that, you hand-wringing, comity-obsessed wusses!

:lmao:

Krugman got the Nobel prize for economics, not peace. However, he's still an idiot. Put him in a room with any halfway intelligent free market economist and he turns into a blubbering moron. I've seen some debates where Krugman's opponent had him practically in tears.

Sit him down with Walter Williams. It would be priceless.

Or Thomas Sowell. God, I would pay money to see that.

That would be like putting Krugman's brain in a Cuisinart.

Forum List

Back