Gingrich is killing it in these debates

Please show the intelligence prerequisite for the Nobel Peace Prize

Krugman got the Nobel prize for economics, not peace. However, he's still an idiot. Put him in a room with any halfway intelligent free market economist and he turns into a blubbering moron. I've seen some debates where Krugman's opponent had him practically in tears.

Sit him down with Walter Williams. It would be priceless.

Krugman got the Nobel prize for economics, not peace. However, he's still an idiot. Put him in a room with any halfway intelligent free market economist and he turns into a blubbering moron. I've seen some debates where Krugman's opponent had him practically in tears.

Sit him down with Walter Williams. It would be priceless.

I think such an encounter actually occurred. However, I'm not certain of it.

Krugman laments in his Nov. 3 New York Times column "Oligarchy, American Style," "We have a society in which money is increasingly concentrated in the hands of a few people, and in which that concentration of income and wealth threatens to make us a democracy in name only."

I'd ask Krugman this question: Who's putting all the money in the hands of the few, and what do you think ought to be done to stop millions, perhaps billions, of people from using their money in ways that lead to high income and wealth concentration? In other words, I'd like Krugman to tell us what should be done to stop the millions of children who make Joanne Rowling rich, the millions who fork over their money to the benefit of LeBron James, and the hundreds of millions of people who shop at Wal-Mart.

I'd like to end this discussion with a bit of a personal note. The readers of this column know that I never make charges of racism. Rowling is an author, and so am I. In my opinion, my recently published book "Race and Economics: How Much Can Be Blamed on Discrimination?" is far more important to society than any "Harry Potter" novel. I'd like to know what it is about me that explains why millions upon millions have not purchased my book and made me a billionaire author. Maybe Krugman and the Wall Street occupiers have the answer.
LINK

I'm not a huge fan, but I have to give credit where credit is due and he's wiping the floor with the republican field in these debates. I wish Paul was a little bit more articulate and less frenetic in his responses. He definitely offers the most substance in his replies, but a lot gets lost in translation. Romney is a milquetoast douchewagon who can't even give a straight answer to a simple question like 'do the states have the right to ban contraception?'

Get used to the idea of 4 more years of the Oh-Boy. :thup:

that was a stupid question and didn't deserve and answer.. and that's the truth. ruth.

Did Manifold say Obama was wiping the field with the Republicans in the debates? Um . . . does he know that Obama isn't debating the Republicans?
I don't think he said that. More likely, he said that the winner of these GOP debates is Obama. Because he is.

Please show the intelligence prerequisite for the Nobel Peace Prize

No you haven't.

He's only a Nobel Prize winner.

Why do wingnuts hate intelligence?

Krugman is a loon:cuckoo:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1Fzzs7oVaA]CNN - Fake Alien Invasion Can Improve The Economy + Admits It Would Be Fake(Project Bluebeam) - YouTube[/ame]

Krugman laments in his Nov. 3 New York Times column "Oligarchy, American Style," "We have a society in which money is increasingly concentrated in the hands of a few people, and in which that concentration of income and wealth threatens to make us a democracy in name only."

I'd ask Krugman this question: Who's putting all the money in the hands of the few, and what do you think ought to be done to stop millions, perhaps billions, of people from using their money in ways that lead to high income and wealth concentration? In other words, I'd like Krugman to tell us what should be done to stop the millions of children who make Joanne Rowling rich, the millions who fork over their money to the benefit of LeBron James, and the hundreds of millions of people who shop at Wal-Mart.

I'd like to end this discussion with a bit of a personal note. The readers of this column know that I never make charges of racism. Rowling is an author, and so am I. In my opinion, my recently published book "Race and Economics: How Much Can Be Blamed on Discrimination?" is far more important to society than any "Harry Potter" novel. I'd like to know what it is about me that explains why millions upon millions have not purchased my book and made me a billionaire author. Maybe Krugman and the Wall Street occupiers have the answer.
LINK

Wow, this guy is a moron. No wonder you wingnuts like him. It's all deflection and misdirection.

This is an economist who doesn't know about monopolies, cartels and collusion?

Nobody has included LeBron as among 'the few'. More like the NBA owners, who have a monopoly. Or like oil companies, who have a cartel. As does cable TV, who have both.

If I have to I will vote for Romney and not be happy about it.
I would rather vote for Newt,walk out of the polling site with
my head held high and feeling like I went down swinging
if Obama wins the election instead of losing with another bad choice
by my party.

I'm not a huge fan, but I have to give credit where credit is due and he's wiping the floor with the republican field in these debates. I wish Paul was a little bit more articulate and less frenetic in his responses. He definitely offers the most substance in his replies, but a lot gets lost in translation. Romney is a milquetoast douchewagon who can't even give a straight answer to a simple question like 'do the states have the right to ban contraception?'

Newt Gingrich brought down the house in the S.C debate--

Here is one instance--in response to Ron Paul on Osama bin Laden.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50WYM-1SjQQ&feature=BFa&list=SPB760E53E53BA59BA&lf=list_related]Newt Plan for America's Enemies: Kill Them - YouTube[/ame]

And here is the standing ovation.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka0LMt5ciRc]Newt Gingrich's Standing Ovation at South Carolina GOP Debate - YouTube[/ame]

Everyone needs to gather around Gingrich and vote for him--meaning if they vote for Santorum--Perry--or Paul--Mitt Romney will win the nomination through default. If Newt Gingrich can pull off a big win in South Carolina--he will carry that momentum into Florida and on.

Last edited:
Dr. Paul won the S.C. debate:

He won that debate:
Rick Perry Unleashes His Inner Cowboy in Fox News Debate - The Daily Beast
Ron Paul’s crotchety meter was turned to 11, with the scrappy Texan refusing to give an inch no matter how hard the moderators tried to shame him or put words in his mouth. “Clearly you don’t understand my position,” he pushed back when pestered about his position on military spending. Even when the crowd turned loud and nasty on certain foreign-policy points, Paul refused to soft-pedal his anti-interventionism.

Neither would he pretend to feel bad about roughing up the competition. Arguably the best moment of the night: asked if he felt bad about his recent assault on Rick Santorum, Paul declared that his only regret was that he couldn’t fit more slaps into his ads—then proceeded to tick off additional parts of Santorum’s record that he finds objectionable. Take that, you hand-wringing, comity-obsessed wusses!

Wow, this guy is a moron. No wonder you wingnuts like him. It's all deflection and misdirection.

Nobody has included LeBron as among 'the few'. More like the NBA owners, who have a monopoly. Or like oil companies, who have a cartel. As does cable TV, who have both.

Everything you know about monopolies, cartels and collusion. There has never been a monopoly in this country that wasn't government enforced. Cartels always fall apart.

The NBA is a classic example of a government enforced monopoly. OPEC has never been able to enforce any of its quotas on production or prices. Cable monopolies are all government enforced.

All you did is demonstrate your complete ignorance.

No wonder you're a Krugman fan.

If I have to I will vote for Romney and not be happy about it.
I would rather vote for Newt,walk out of the polling site with
my head held high and feeling like I went down swinging
if Obama wins the election instead of losing with another bad choice
by my party.

And I will vote for Obama and not be happy about it.

It's the way they set it up.

Everything you know about monopolies, cartels and collusion. There has never been a monopoly in this country that wasn't government enforced. Cartels always fall apart.

The NBA is a classic example of a government enforced monopoly. OPEC has never been able to enforce any of its quotas on production or prices. Cable monopolies are all government enforced.

You left out oil companies, Braniac. There are a few who control the entire market.

Are you saying that if a government doesn't break up a monopoly (cable), it is enforcing the monopoly?

I nominate Gingrich at captain of the USA Debate Team for the 2013 International Debate Olympics.

Always knew Newt could tear it up in a debate.

You left out oil companies, Braniac. There are a few who control the entire market.

I mentioned OPEC, dipstick. I'll repeat, despite having no legal hindrances, OPEC has been unable to enforce any of its production quotas or price limits.

Are you saying that if a government doesn't break up a monopoly (cable), it is enforcing the monopoly?

Government created the cable monopoly. Virtually every city in the country grants a monopoly to one cable company or another. that is, they legally exclude any other company from providing services in the area.

Every true monopoly that has ever existed has been government enforced.

Forum List

Back