Gingrich is killing it in these debates

No kidding....the whole thing needs to be overhauled.

Another reason why I think we have a problem is the GOP has this mentality of "next in line". Or "it's his turn", the thinking that got us Bob Dole, John McCain and now, Mutt Romney.

In short, "Hey, GOP voters, we know you thought that guy sucked one or two election cycles back, but here he is with new packaging!"

The Democrats, bless their hearts, have a policy of shooting their wounded. If you came in second or third place, we don't want to see you again, and we'll slap you down hard if you try to show up. (Lieberman, John Edwards.)

Speaking of John Edwards...the dems are so worried about what Newt did (which is way screwed up because it's been proven the Newt didn't give his wife divorce papers when she was so ill) but yet they probably would have voted in Edwards no matter that he had a child with another woman, while his wife was riddled with cancer, and lied continually about it until he couldn't any longer. But it was most likely ok since he was a democrat :)

I think you forgot why he dropped out of the race.

Another reason why I think we have a problem is the GOP has this mentality of "next in line". Or "it's his turn", the thinking that got us Bob Dole, John McCain and now, Mutt Romney.

In short, "Hey, GOP voters, we know you thought that guy sucked one or two election cycles back, but here he is with new packaging!"

The Democrats, bless their hearts, have a policy of shooting their wounded. If you came in second or third place, we don't want to see you again, and we'll slap you down hard if you try to show up. (Lieberman, John Edwards.)

Speaking of John Edwards...the dems are so worried about what Newt did (which is way screwed up because it's been proven the Newt didn't give his wife divorce papers when she was so ill) but yet they probably would have voted in Edwards no matter that he had a child with another woman, while his wife was riddled with cancer, and lied continually about it until he couldn't any longer. But it was most likely ok since he was a democrat :)

I think you forgot why he dropped out of the race.

No i didn't....right here's a reason given.

Edwards Drops Out of Democratic Race - New York Times

But i'm saying, if he hadn't dropped out, if he'd made it through to be nominated, and all the crap came out about him and his affair, the dems still would have voted for him. Not even knowing at the time that he actually had an illigitimate child too. What would the left have said once that came out? Would they still have wanted him?

Newt Gingrich is a stupid person's idea of what a smart person sounds like. I think it was Paul Krugman who said that, and I like it.

Gingrich is also a pathological liar. He lied about his role with Freddie Mac and every time he is caught in a lie, he tells another one. And he took an active part in destroying the economy by helping the GSEs defend themselves when some members of Congress were trying to unwind them.

He's a gigantic hypocrite as well. While he was excoriating Bill Clinton for cheating on Hillary, and made it a special point to say he was going to bring up Monica Lewinsky every chance he got, he himself was cheating on his own wife.

On top of all that, he is corrupt. He was the first Speaker of the House in history to be fined. He was caught lying to Congress. Again, while he was trying to impeach Clinton for lying. He left his job in disgrace.

And now...he's going the full Marxist route of attacking creative destruction.

“Those of us who believe in free markets and those of us who believe that, in fact, the whole goals of investment is entrepreneurship and job creation, would find it pretty hard to justify rich people figuring out clever, legal ways to loot out a company,” former U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich told reporters in Manchester, New Hampshire, yesterday, ahead of the state’s Jan. 10 presidential primary.

“Mitt Romney is not a capitalist,” Tyler said. “He is a predatory corporate mugger. If you ever wonder why so many manufacturing jobs are overseas, you need to look no further than Mitt Romney. He can claim thousands of jobs created, only those jobs were created in Mexico and Southeast Asia.”

Neocons have been mistaking the elephant's shit for the elephant. It is time to sweep Newt into the dustbin.

Last edited:
Newt Gingrich is a stupid person's idea of what a smart person sounds like. I think it was Paul Krugman who said that, and I like it.

Gingrich is also a pathological liar. He lied about his role with Freddie Mac and every time he is caught in a lie, he tells another one. And he took an active part in destroying the economy by helping the GSEs defend themselves when some members of Congress were trying to unwind them.

He's a gigantic hypocrite as well. While he was excoriating Bill Clinton for cheating on Hillary, and made it a special point to say he was going to bring up Monica Lewinsky every chance he got, he himself was cheating on his own wife.

On top of all that, he is corrupt. He was the first Speaker of the House in history to be fined. He was caught lying to Congress. Again, while he was trying to impeach Clinton for lying. He left his job in disgrace.

“Those of us who believe in free markets and those of us who believe that, in fact, the whole goals of investment is entrepreneurship and job creation, would find it pretty hard to justify rich people figuring out clever, legal ways to loot out a company,” former U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich told reporters in Manchester, New Hampshire, yesterday, ahead of the state’s Jan. 10 presidential primary.

“Mitt Romney is not a capitalist,” Tyler said. “He is a predatory corporate mugger. If you ever wonder why so many manufacturing jobs are overseas, you need to look no further than Mitt Romney. He can claim thousands of jobs created, only those jobs were created in Mexico and Southeast Asia.”

Neocons have been mistaking the elephant's shit for the elephant. It is time to sweep Newt into the dustbin.

You're getting your position on other people's intelligence from Paul Krugman. 'Nuff said.

Gingrich has no money. He has no organization. Virtually nobody who worked with him in the 90s is supporting him let alone working for him. He's a walking repository for comedic material. And he has almost as much baggage as you have hatred. So he doesn't have much chance.

Sorry.

So essentially, for completely SUPERFICIAL reasons, we are rejecting the most qualified candidate and nominating a Ken Doll, hoping to God no one notices his religion is batshit crazy and he's flip-flopped on every issue out there.

Yup. Makes sense to me.

Those aren't superficial reasons. Gingrich is not a leader, at least not of the most important country on earth. The people whom he led in the past don't want him now, and his temperament is not suited to the Presidency.

Sorry.

You have been right on every post about Newt, "He is not a leader", he is a bomb thrower! Look at his horrible display of behavior in Iowa, he and his ego rode a high(ego maniac that declared he was the nominee) then crashed. He left Iowa without any delegates, a defeated old man filled with hate and vengeance. To illustrate that the man is not mentally capable of running the country, in his last statement in Iowa he was filed with hate and vowed on TV to go after another Republican. Would want this guys hand on the button? He left Iowa exactly where he should have been on the bottom. Now in NH he is again on bottom below Huntsman. Don't worry he could not get on the VA.ballot. he is history, knowing thes facts anyone still wanting to vote for this loser, their elevator doesn't run to the top.

So essentially, for completely SUPERFICIAL reasons, we are rejecting the most qualified candidate and nominating a Ken Doll, hoping to God no one notices his religion is batshit crazy and he's flip-flopped on every issue out there.

Yup. Makes sense to me.

Those aren't superficial reasons. Gingrich is not a leader, at least not of the most important country on earth. The people whom he led in the past don't want him now, and his temperament is not suited to the Presidency.

Sorry.

Given those people were a large part of the problem, and couldn't wait to get back to making deals with the other side, not seeing their objections as being the problem.

I look at the results- Balanced budgets (kind of), welfare reform and serious changes in the way Congress did business.

But, heck, no, we don't want any real reform. We want a guy who is going to cut more deals with the special interests, because that's worked so well for the country.

Sure, I like Gingrich. He's a very smart man. He did some good things in office so we have to give credit where credit is due. I even considered supporting him. But I won't be.

Sure, I like Gingrich. He's a very smart man. He did some good things in office so we have to give credit where credit is due. I even considered supporting him. But I won't be.

I thought you said in another thread that you weren't voting in the GOP Primaries... It's kind of hard to keep your stories straight though...

And, hey, that cartoon you have in your sig line is just kind of creepy. Just sayin'. Bring back the kitten.

Gingrich is killing it in these debates
.....Until the fact-checkers step-in.​

1/17/2012

“As [House] speaker, I came back, working with President Bill Clinton. We passed a very Reagan-like program: less regulation, lower taxes. Unemployment dropped to 4.2 percent. We created 11 million jobs.” — Newt Gingrich

"Former president Clinton would be shocked at this description, since he always credited the 22 million jobs created during his presidency to the deficit-reduction package he narrowly passed early in his tenure without a single GOP vote."

I'm not a huge fan, but I have to give credit where credit is due and he's wiping the floor with the republican field in these debates. I wish Paul was a little bit more articulate and less frenetic in his responses. He definitely offers the most substance in his replies, but a lot gets lost in translation. Romney is a milquetoast douchewagon who can't even give a straight answer to a simple question like 'do the states have the right to ban contraception?'

Get used to the idea of 4 more years of the Oh-Boy. :thup:

that was a stupid question and didn't deserve and answer.. and that's the truth. ruth.

I don't think that anyone has "killed it" in the debates.

I think Newt has been the most accurate and forthright. He has been married 3 times, currently for 13 years to Calista, and I respect the fact that, in spite of political consequences, he has been divorced 2 times, rather than having a sting of lovers, while married to one woman, as so many other politicians try to get away with. I like Newt because I trust Newt. He is the least PC of them all, thus far, and in my opinion.

Justin Quinn: "Gingrich has been married three times, and he has been accused of having a multitude of extramarital affairs, although he has only admitted to one -- with the woman who would eventually become his third and present wife."
Source: Justin Quinn. "A Profile of Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich." USConservatives.about.com.

Newt has been neither forthright or accurate. The constant stream of Pinocchios he has gotten from the Washington Post, on easily checked facts, demonstrates this.

Not that it will matter to the wingnuts who rely more on truthiness than truth.

You're getting your position on other people's intelligence from Paul Krugman. 'Nuff said.
He's only a Nobel Prize winner.

Why do wingnuts hate intelligence?

I don't think that anyone has "killed it" in the debates.

I think Newt has been the most accurate and forthright. He has been married 3 times, currently for 13 years to Calista, and I respect the fact that, in spite of political consequences, he has been divorced 2 times, rather than having a sting of lovers, while married to one woman, as so many other politicians try to get away with. I like Newt because I trust Newt. He is the least PC of them all, thus far, and in my opinion.

Justin Quinn: "Gingrich has been married three times, and he has been accused of having a multitude of extramarital affairs, although he has only admitted to one -- with the woman who would eventually become his third and present wife."
Source: Justin Quinn. "A Profile of Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich." USConservatives.about.com.

Newt has been neither forthright or accurate. The constant stream of Pinocchios he has gotten from the Washington Post, on easily checked facts, demonstrates this.
.....And, managed to lower the bar, so far, even Mitt Romney.....

He's only a Nobel Prize winner.

Why do wingnuts hate intelligence?

Please show the intelligence prerequisite for the Nobel Peace Prize

I'm not a huge fan, but I have to give credit where credit is due and he's wiping the floor with the republican field in these debates. I wish Paul was a little bit more articulate and less frenetic in his responses. He definitely offers the most substance in his replies, but a lot gets lost in translation. Romney is a milquetoast douchewagon who can't even give a straight answer to a simple question like 'do the states have the right to ban contraception?'

Get used to the idea of 4 more years of the Oh-Boy. :thup:

that was a stupid question and didn't deserve and answer.. and that's the truth. ruth.

Did Manifold say Obama was wiping the field with the Republicans in the debates? Um . . . does he know that Obama isn't debating the Republicans?

Please show the intelligence prerequisite for the Nobel Peace Prize

Krugman got the Nobel prize for economics, not peace. However, he's still an idiot. Put him in a room with any halfway intelligent free market economist and he turns into a blubbering moron. I've seen some debates where Krugman's opponent had him practically in tears.

Forum List

Back