Gingrich insults GOP members

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JimH52, May 1, 2009.

1. JimH52

JimH52 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,220
  2. Indiana Oracle

Indiana Oracle The Truth is Hard to Find

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +65
    This looks like the operative part:

"Defending Steele’s tumultuous start, Gingrich said the chairman might be under fire from some in the committee because he 'probably has not yet learned the art of massaging the egos of RNC members.'
    'They all think they’re precious, and they all think they should be taken care of, and they all think the job of the chairman, first of all, is to make the RNC members happy,' Gingrich said of the committee’s 168 members."

Newt should know. He was House Speaker and has been active in the Rep party ever since. With their total fall from public grace he has become even more outspoken. The Reps need a clean sweep and resynch. The whole place should be cleaned out. Don't think most of us will live to see it, but hard and fast term limits would be good step.

3. amrchaos

amrchaos Pentheus torn apart

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,573
    Gingrich has a point.

I hope Newt shut up soon, because if people start listening to him, the GOP might actually stop imploding!!

4. JimH52

JimH52 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,220
    Blame for the implosion can be laid squarely at the feet of the Bush administration. They left the party all but dead and...Cheney won't shut up.

He and Biden are absolutely the biggest gaffers in politics. I expect the medical team behind Obama is working 24/7. No chance should be taken that would put Joe in charge.

5. ItsFairmont

ItsFairmont Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +49
    This quote from the article says it all:

“Newt is right that RNC members believe they are ‘precious,’” said California committee member Shawn Steel.

I especially like the word "precious". I bet Republicans love the word "honey" when talking to guys and "fabulous" as well.

Too funny. Gay Old Party.

6. JimH52

JimH52 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,220
    :lol: sorry, I think I just wet my pants...

7. PubliusInfinitum

PubliusInfinitum BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    Newt was right... The so-called Moderates in the GOP are subversive to the principles on which the GOP rests... GET THEM THE HELL OUT!

Gingrich was lamenting the old guard Liberal Republicans who want to make-nice with the left... The GOP should seriously consider just letting the NE go... the only thing that can come out of that area are leftists, granted they prefer "progressive"... but they're leftists, lending credence to the usual 'mixed-economy' crap which is PRECISELY how we got to where we are today.

It's far better to rinse the party of Middlers and let the left OWN THEIR CERTAIN FAILURE...

This is insanity... there is absolutely NO CHANCE... meaning it is a 100% CERTAINTY that leftist policy... ALL OF IT... with NO EXCEPTION is untenable, mathematically and morally... and has NO POTENTIAL to find SUCCESS... PERIOD.

By trying to 'open the tent' to include these idiots, we simply open ourselves up to CHARING THE BLAME FOR THEIR FAILURES; blame which is justly deserved, WHEN WE ALLOW INDIVIDUALS WITHIN OUR PARTY WHO DO JUST THAT!

When you meet a leftist half way... YOU ADVANCE LEFTISM. When you advance leftism you undermine INDIVIDUAL LIBERTY; when you undermine individual liberty... you destroy the means for economic prosperity...

PERIOD.

8. driveby

driveby Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,325

Does this mean Bahney Fwanks is switching to the GOP ? .......:eusa_whistle:

9. PubliusInfinitum

PubliusInfinitum BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    Cheney is a gaffer?

Really? I've never noticed that... What specific gaffs are ya speaking of Jim?

10. American Horse

American Horse AKA "Mustang"

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +938
    Nicely summed up Publius.

I love Newt, and as long as he raises issues instead of becomes the issue there's a chance of getting people to rethnk what's going on. That's why he shouldn't run again.

Right now what's needed is an attractive, articulate, economic conservative. By the time the next general election rolls around in 2012 the need for a strong free market conservative will be obvious, even to those in the N.E.

Also, in spite of the MSM's unwillingness to give conservatives a voice in their media, a foil to Obama's collectivist policies would be able to get the message out; the Tea Parties present the moment of opportunity. They are a growing phenomenon even while the MSM dutifully ignores them, which was illustrated at an Obama event at Arnold, Missouri a couple of days back when, not so much to protest, but to point out that there are two sides to these important public issues; Who Knew About the Huge Obama Protest April 29?<= U-Tube Video

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: May 2, 2009