Gingrich insults GOP members

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Gingrich insult rankles RNC members « - Blogs from CNN.com

This happens all the time., When I was a kid, I had Guppys. When they gave birth, they would turn around and eat them. It usually gets pretty nasty before it is over with.

This looks like the operative part:

"Defending Steele’s tumultuous start, Gingrich said the chairman might be under fire from some in the committee because he 'probably has not yet learned the art of massaging the egos of RNC members.'
'They all think they’re precious, and they all think they should be taken care of, and they all think the job of the chairman, first of all, is to make the RNC members happy,' Gingrich said of the committee’s 168 members."

Newt should know. He was House Speaker and has been active in the Rep party ever since. With their total fall from public grace he has become even more outspoken. The Reps need a clean sweep and resynch. The whole place should be cleaned out. Don't think most of us will live to see it, but hard and fast term limits would be good step.

Gingrich has a point.

I hope Newt shut up soon, because if people start listening to him, the GOP might actually stop imploding!!

Blame for the implosion can be laid squarely at the feet of the Bush administration. They left the party all but dead and...Cheney won't shut up.

He and Biden are absolutely the biggest gaffers in politics. I expect the medical team behind Obama is working 24/7. No chance should be taken that would put Joe in charge.

This quote from the article says it all:

“Newt is right that RNC members believe they are ‘precious,’” said California committee member Shawn Steel.

I especially like the word "precious". I bet Republicans love the word "honey" when talking to guys and "fabulous" as well.

Too funny. Gay Old Party.

“Newt is right that RNC members believe they are ‘precious,’” said California committee member Shawn Steel.

I especially like the word "precious". I bet Republicans love the word "honey" when talking to guys and "fabulous" as well.

:lol: sorry, I think I just wet my pants...

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Gingrich insult rankles RNC members « - Blogs from CNN.com

This happens all the time., When I was a kid, I had Guppys. When they gave birth, they would turn around and eat them. It usually gets pretty nasty before it is over with.

Newt was right... The so-called Moderates in the GOP are subversive to the principles on which the GOP rests... GET THEM THE HELL OUT!

Gingrich was lamenting the old guard Liberal Republicans who want to make-nice with the left... The GOP should seriously consider just letting the NE go... the only thing that can come out of that area are leftists, granted they prefer "progressive"... but they're leftists, lending credence to the usual 'mixed-economy' crap which is PRECISELY how we got to where we are today.

It's far better to rinse the party of Middlers and let the left OWN THEIR CERTAIN FAILURE...

This is insanity... there is absolutely NO CHANCE... meaning it is a 100% CERTAINTY that leftist policy... ALL OF IT... with NO EXCEPTION is untenable, mathematically and morally... and has NO POTENTIAL to find SUCCESS... PERIOD.

By trying to 'open the tent' to include these idiots, we simply open ourselves up to CHARING THE BLAME FOR THEIR FAILURES; blame which is justly deserved, WHEN WE ALLOW INDIVIDUALS WITHIN OUR PARTY WHO DO JUST THAT!

When you meet a leftist half way... YOU ADVANCE LEFTISM. When you advance leftism you undermine INDIVIDUAL LIBERTY; when you undermine individual liberty... you destroy the means for economic prosperity...

PERIOD.

Does this mean Bahney Fwanks is switching to the GOP ? .......:eusa_whistle:

Blame for the implosion can be laid squarely at the feet of the Bush administration. They left the party all but dead and...Cheney won't shut up.

He and Biden are absolutely the biggest gaffers in politics. I expect the medical team behind Obama is working 24/7. No chance should be taken that would put Joe in charge.

Cheney is a gaffer?

Really? I've never noticed that... What specific gaffs are ya speaking of Jim?

When you meet a leftist half way... YOU ADVANCE LEFTISM. When you advance leftism you undermine INDIVIDUAL LIBERTY; when you undermine individual liberty... you destroy the means for economic prosperity...

PERIOD.

Nicely summed up Publius.

I love Newt, and as long as he raises issues instead of becomes the issue there's a chance of getting people to rethnk what's going on. That's why he shouldn't run again.

Right now what's needed is an attractive, articulate, economic conservative. By the time the next general election rolls around in 2012 the need for a strong free market conservative will be obvious, even to those in the N.E.

Also, in spite of the MSM's unwillingness to give conservatives a voice in their media, a foil to Obama's collectivist policies would be able to get the message out; the Tea Parties present the moment of opportunity. They are a growing phenomenon even while the MSM dutifully ignores them, which was illustrated at an Obama event at Arnold, Missouri a couple of days back when, not so much to protest, but to point out that there are two sides to these important public issues; Who Knew About the Huge Obama Protest April 29?<= U-Tube Video

Last edited:
Gingrich's comments apply to both sides of the aisle. Both Democrats and Republicans are out of touch with the American people.

What is going on within the Republican Party now is what is absolutely necessary for the party to refocus its principles and direction. It has had it too easy for too long. Gingrich speaks for a great many who have become disgusted by the limp wristed approach so many "Republicans" have engaged in over the course of recent years. Either stand for something, or get the hell out of the way.

It is quite similar to what happened with the Democrat Party in 1994. The party leaders within were pointing fingers and assigning blame. Clinton, ever the pragmatist, simply dumped the overt liberalism of his initial two years - years that were near-disastrous, and refocused on a far more moderate approach to governing. He had to drag the leftist core of his own party kicking and screaming while doing so, but in the end, he was able to maintain high levels of personal popularity with the electorate and serve out two terms as President - even while being hammered by the Lewinski debacle. If Clinton had continued to act as a leftist while President, he would not have survived the Lewinski mess - his popularity would not have been strong enough to sustain that onslaught.

This of course would not have occurred had the Republicans not thumped the Dems in the midterm elections. If Obama enjoys an overwhelming majority following 2010 - no moderation from his White House will occur.

Republicans don't need to win back control of Congress in 2010, but they do need to win some seats back, otherwise it will prove a long six more years of Obama-Pelosi-Reid for them and the country...

Newt is RIGHT--Republicans acting like democrats will continue to lose elections. John McCain going along with closing GITMO & his constant rant about the enhanced interrogation technics--THAT WORKED--didn't help the repubican party either.

The Republican party needs alot of Ronald Reagans--not just a few scattered around.

What is going on within the Republican Party now is what is absolutely necessary for the party to refocus its principles and direction. It has had it too easy for too long. Gingrich speaks for a great many who have become disgusted by the limp wristed approach so many "Republicans" have engaged in over the course of recent years. Either stand for something, or get the hell out of the way.

It is quite similar to what happened with the Democrat Party in 1994. The party leaders within were pointing fingers and assigning blame. Clinton, ever the pragmatist, simply dumped the overt liberalism of his initial two years - years that were near-disastrous, and refocused on a far more moderate approach to governing. He had to drag the leftist core of his own party kicking and screaming while doing so, but in the end, he was able to maintain high levels of personal popularity with the electorate and serve out two terms as President - even while being hammered by the Lewinski debacle. If Clinton had continued to act as a leftist while President, he would not have survived the Lewinski mess - his popularity would not have been strong enough to sustain that onslaught.

This of course would not have occurred had the Republicans not thumped the Dems in the midterm elections. If Obama enjoys an overwhelming majority following 2010 - no moderation from his White House will occur.

Republicans don't need to win back control of Congress in 2010, but they do need to win some seats back, otherwise it will prove a long six more years of Obama-Pelosi-Reid for them and the country...
IMO, there off to a very bad start. Why they put McCain on the committee of their new PR campaign is beyond me. What the hell are they thinking?

IMO, there off to a very bad start. Why they put McCain on the committee of their new PR campaign is beyond me. What the hell are they thinking?

They did that?

Good lord - keep McCain away from any deliberation of the Republican Party's future. I agree, McCain epitomizes the failed attempt to moderate the party - and I say that as one who admires McCain's service - but he has never been a viable national leader for the Republicans...

Good lord - keep McCain away from any deliberation of the Republican Party's future. I agree, McCain epitomizes the failed attempt to moderate the party - and I say that as one who admires McCain's service - but he has never been a viable national leader for the Republicans...

McCain will be up again in 2010, and he will have some serious electoral competition for his Senate seat, and he'll probably be gone then. But he has more wrong with him than he sounds and is too much like Spector, Snowe, Collins, Graham, etal. He was too damned old to compete because too many in the electorate were ready for a younger more glamorous president. And on that score, as much as I like him, Mitt Romney will be 65 in 2012. I hate to say it, but good looks count, and Romney has the right kind of good looks, especially his youthful yet serious adult look. I know that my own wife, a life long R. was really down on McCain, and she's in her 60's. I know I had serious problems with developing any enthusiasm for McCain because of his past votes.

Romney would easily have beaten OB, because he had the economic grounding that OB and MC both didn't have in the face of the economic crisis, around which events the election was largely determined.

Forum List

Back