Gingrich: I'm 'more inclined to run' in 2012

Now that the Vikes are done, go Jags!

Interesting. yeah I live here in the 'Jungle' and have copious photos of the Titans meeting the JAGS for the 1999 AFC Championship...which the JAGS screwed up...I was there...and didn't get over it for weeks...

And now today the Titans are all but done...

I gotta say? It's comforting to know there are those out there that belive.

Thanks. :cool:

~T

To the OP:

I apologize for the departure from your thread. I happened to get hit in the head here within your thread looking at Toro's sigline...and wanted to address it. You indulgence is appreciated.

Back to your regulatly scheduled thread.

:)

Well, not anyone...maybe almost, but not quite. ;)

I don't have a first choice..yet.
i can think of at least 2 i'd rather see run
Gary Johnson and Duncan Hunter
hmm, just thought of a 3rd, J. C. Watts

I agree but none of them are electable. (imo)

Kat??? Newt had to resign from the house because he was facing 12 counts of felony bribery. What are you thinking?? What are all of you thinking??

I don't think the GOP will come up with a good candidate in 2012. It will be a dress rehearsal primary season for the real candidates and GOP voters to work through, so that when 2016 comes around, they know what they want. In 2016, I expect a good field of candidates to choose from (on the GOP side), one of which will win. Whoever it is, I don't think will have run in 2012.

Kat??? Newt had to resign from the house because he was facing 12 counts of felony bribery. What are you thinking?? What are all of you thinking??
Gee I don't know Huggy. A quick perusal through this thread might garner an answer since not all of us were quick to see Newt as a saviour. Nor do I think that's what KAT was implying either.

He is a witty guy...but c'mon man?

During an appearance on "Fox News Sunday," former House speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) said that he is "much more inclined to run" for president in 2012 than not run. Gingrich has been hinting for months that he may seek the presidency -- though he has a history of making a lot of noise about running before deciding against it, as he did before the 2008 election. On Sunday, Gingrich said that after speaking with friends and colleagues, he is "more inclined to think it is doable." However, he said he would not make a decision until the "end of February, beginning of March."

44 - Gingrich: I'm 'more inclined to run' in 2012

He would be my pick, Gingrich is by far the most qualified, but sadly he is not electable.....

Gee I don't know Huggy. A quick perusal through this thread might garner an answer since not all of us were quick to see Newt as a saviour. Nor do I think that's what KAT was implying either.

I didn't look at all of the replies. I'll look at a couple of pages then respond usually. If what I said does not apply to you or someone else then please disregard my post. I was just so flabbergasted that anyone would even think he was electable as president that I felt compelled to respond. I am WAY sick of the GOP backing flakes and wackos. If the likes of Gingrich and Palin and the morman and the libertarian weirdo are all that some of you think are the best choice for POTUS then the GOP is indeed dead. You zombies just don't know it yet.

Agreed with above poster, the GOP should do better than Gingrich, Palin, Romney, or Huckabee if they want to win.

I didn't look at all of the replies. I'll look at a couple of pages then respond usually. If what I said does not apply to you or someone else then please disregard my post. I was just so flabbergasted that anyone would even think he was electable as president that I felt compelled to respond. I am WAY sick of the GOP backing flakes and wackos. If the likes of Gingrich and Palin and the morman and the libertarian weirdo are all that some of you think are the best choice for POTUS then the GOP is indeed dead. You zombies just don't know it yet.

Honest reply. Thanks buddy. As I am sick of the DNC backing their far share of whackos as well. I am sick of BOTH.

We need outsiders not beholden to either party .

Huggy. All I did was post an article with him stating he may indeed run. :)

I think the GOP and D are both dead. I can't stand either. When push comes to shove I either vote or not...and somehow I always manage to vote. Sometimes I regret that I did. :doubt:

His fame has dried up quite a bit since he left office. He did much for the Republican cause but a presidental run seems silly espeically for a guy who married the woman he cheated on his wife with-twice.

His fame has dried up quite a bit since he left office. He did much for the Republican cause but a presidental run seems silly espeically for a guy who married the woman he cheated on his wife with-twice.

Who cares about any of that anymore. They ALL do something.

Unfortunately Newt has too much baggage attached.

True, although not any more than many ambitious politicians.

I think Newt would make a fine president but agree that he is unelectable. Too old for the young voters and not enough *bling* for the rest.

gingrich_liberty.jpg

"One woman, Anne Manning, has come forward and confirmed a relationship with him during the 1976 campaign. "We had oral sex. He prefers that modus operandi because then he can say, 'I never slept with her.'"

Unfortunately Newt has too much baggage attached.

True, although not any more than many ambitious politicians. I think Newt would make a fine president but agree that he is unelectable. Too old for the young voters and not enough *bling* for the rest. He doesn't have the charisma needed to generate excitement and enthusiasm for a win, in my opinion.

I'll tell you all? What this Republic needs is someone that isn't known in any party structure...someone that isn't 'Next in line' from either as if this is some game or coronation structure as seems to happen.
Ah, yes.....

uf.jpg

.....a Teabagger.

:rolleyes:

OLYMPIA SNOWE is the gal the Rs ought to run for POTUS.

She'd get the old time Republicans, one hell of a lot of old time Dems, and much of the so called leftist Dems, too.

I honestly do think she still cares more about this nation, overall, than the majority of POLs on the national scene.

She proven that she can buck her party when she feels its the right thing to do.

And she's proven for decades that she is a good Republican, too, until of course, the Neo-cons and religious fanatics took over that once grand old party.

Last edited:
Gingrich is full of shit, and everyone who interviews him knows he's full of shit. He's not running. This is just a dance they play in order for him to get his much-needed attention from the media he despises.
I think we've already been there......

newt_baby.jpg

:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back