Gingrich Dropping in Polls. Ron Paul Poised For Possible Upset In Iowa??

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
There has been some major movement in the Republican Presidential race in Iowa over the last week, with what was a 9 point lead for Newt Gingrich now all the way down to a single point. Gingrich is at 22% to 21% for [Ron] Paul with Mitt Romney at 16%, Michele Bachmann at 11%, Rick Perry at 9%, Rick Santorum at 8%, Jon Huntsman at 5%, and Gary Johnson at 1%.

Gingrich has dropped 5 points in the last week and he's also seen a significant decline in his favorability numbers. Last week he was at +31 (62/31) and he's now dropped 19 points to +12 (52/40). The attacks on him appear to be taking a heavy toll- his support with Tea Party voters has declined from 35% to 24%.

And this is key: "Paul's supporters are considerably more committed to him than Gingrich's are. 77% of current Paul voters say they're definitely going to vote for him, compared to only 54% for Gingrich."

Ron Paul: Poised For An Upset In Iowa?

Ron Paul winning Iowa just invalidates Iowa.

no. it reduces iowa to what it should be... an extreme state that isn't in the mainstream.... which is what it is.

the moron thinks kids should be able to drink non-homogenized milk... yeah.. maybe he thinks we should go back to the days where kids got polio, too...

what a 'tard.

no. it reduces iowa to what it should be... an extreme state that isn't in the mainstream.... which is what it is.

the moron thinks kids should be able to drink non-homogenized milk... yeah.. maybe he thinks we should go back to the days where kids got polio, too...

what a 'tard.

You libs all thought the Iowa Caucuses were wonderful when Barry the Boiking won them.

The real one to watch is still South Carolina. It's picked every GOP nominee since 1980.

Democrats should register as Republicans and vote for Paul.
Operation Chaos 2012.
It would be worth it just to hear people like LimpBoy, who have mocked him over the years, suddenly shill for him on orders from the GOP.

Operation Chaos 2012.
It would be worth it just to hear people like LimpBoy, who have mocked him over the years, suddenly shill for him on orders from the GOP.

That might work- once.

I remember in the 2000 nominating fight, Democrats who had already picked Al Gore decided they were going to all support John McCain in the Michigan primary, primarily to spank Gov. Engler, who was unpopular at that time.

And it worked. McCain won the Michigan Primary.

But he didn't win another one after that.

Operation Chaos 2012.

I'm in...of course I'm in California and the Primary in California was rendered meaningless for Republicans when the legislature voted to move it to June...

It saves a TON of money, but by June the GOP will have decided their candidate most likely.

what a 'tard.

maybe you are thinking of pasteurization?

Operation Chaos 2012.

I switched over to the Republican Party two weeks ago. Let chaos run amok on the corporate establishment. :badgrin:

This would not really be an upset because he has been trending upwards for months. It is an upset as far as the media is concerned because they are trying depserately to relegate him to the sidelines but his message resonates with people. Maybe his numbers are lower in other states but if he got the same media attention that newt or mitt then that might change don't you think? Many people just vote for whoever is leading in the polls. A lot also turn to the media to tell them who to vote for. If the media got behind Paul there would be no stopping him, but they won't of course because he is anti-establishment and they ARE the establishment.

Operation Chaos 2012.

I switched over to the Republican Party two weeks ago. Let chaos run amok on the corporate establishment. :badgrin:
That's a good cover story you can tell all your friends. "I'm just voting for Ron Paul in the primary so we can have an easy opponent in the National Election!"

Then next November you "pull the lever" for Paul and when he wins you can say; "I don't know anyone who voted for Ron Paul!"

Thanks goodness our votes are private right? ;)

Ron Paul is about the only real conserative running. He'd reduce our government in size and scope and bring our troops home.

he's an idiot whose idea of "foreign policy" is naive and ignorant; he knows less than zero about the constitution
Do you believe we should have a strong military presence overseas?

I feel we do....just to stabilize key regions in the world. I know it sounds strange, but if we weren't there, I believe we could see a lot more economies crash and cause a ripple effect throughout the world. We can't go back to a 1800's mentality....the wheel has been invented and we can't go back.

Forum List

Back