Gingrich costing taxpayers $40,000 a day

He's renting out his donor list to make extra cash to pay his campaign debt.

Now that I have been made aware of the cost, I still don't care.

I'm not opposed to all government spending.

I am opposed to stupid, needless and unauthorized government spending.

It is arguable that the Newt campaign should officially fold its tents and that the "need" for such expensive protection should then be formally and officially reassessed. But until then, it still falls into at least a proper category.

OMG! What a bargain!

"In his State of the Union address tonight, President Obama will reportedly issue a call for “responsible” efforts to reduce deficits (while simultaneously calling for new federal spending). In light of the President’s expected rhetorical nod to fiscal responsibility, it’s worth keeping in mind his record on deficits to date. When President Obama took office two years ago, the national debt stood at $10.626 trillion. It now stands at $14.071 trillion — a staggering increase of $3.445 trillion in just 735 days (about $5 billion a day)."
Who Spent More? Average Bush Vs. Average Obama Spending Per Day Proves Obama Most Reckless And Irresponsible EVER « Start Thinking Right

For his security detail.

Why aren't the "fiscal conservatives" in melt down?
When we couldn't get the left to be outraged over the security expenses for the "Tourist In Chief" we gave up caring about any fiscal fauxrage from the left over anyone's security expenses.

man oh man..

Now they are worrying about 40,000 a day
I'd hate to add up the cost of Obama using air force one on all his jaunts for campaigning, fundraisers, tv interview, trips, etc etc

the abuse by this man of us taxpayers is astounding..

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
man oh man..

Now they are worrying about 40,000 a day
I'd hate to add up the cost of Obama using air force one on all his jaunts for campaigning, fundraisers, tv interview, trips, etc etc

the abuse by this man of us taxpayers is astounding..

Jilian can get back to us on why we think there should be a choice of Republican candidates after she gets the shrimp treadmill research cancelled. This is so tiny compared to all the things we have a choice over what to have a cow about.

Just to put things into perspective, Ron Paul doesn't use SS detail and wouldn't even as president, he would provide his own security.

Just to put things into perspective, Ron Paul doesn't use SS detail and wouldn't even as president, he would provide his own security.

Ron Paul is not even a blip on the Election screen. That loser doesn't need Secret Service protection.

If by some travesty he were to ever be President, he'd absolutely still get Secret Service protection. It's not a "choice" matter.

Last edited:

Ron Paul is not even a blip on the Election screen. That loser doesn't need Secret Service protection.

If by some travesty he were to eve be President, he'd absolutely still get Secret Service protection. It's not a "choice" matter.

:thup:

Just goes to show how full of shit these so called fiscal conervatives really are.

Now that I have been made aware of the cost, I still don't care.

I'm not opposed to all government spending.

I am opposed to stupid, needless and unauthorized government spending.

It is arguable that the Newt campaign should officially fold its tents and that the "need" for such expensive protection should then be formally and officially reassessed. But until then, it still falls into at least a proper category.

As he has qualified in many states as a candidate, this is a necessary expense. He is also a former Speaker of the House.

Forum List

Back