Gingrich, Bachmann, Huntsman, and Santorum join Rick Perry's Gov't Bailout Request

That works for me. Romney is getting the nod anyway.

This circus show in Virginia is making the candidates look inept and the party corrupt.

Regardless of who the Republicans eventually nominate, your side still has to run Barry and his four year recession, his $3.50/gallon gasoline, his 8% unemployment and his limp economy.

I won't vote for Romney because I really don't like the man, but I personally wouldn't be that smug. Better men than Barry have gotten voted out with stats that weren't nearly so grim.

You mean running on the growing economy and shrinking unemployment after inheriting the biggest disaster since the Great Depression? Against a field that Obama is beating heads up without even really beginning his campaign yet?

Works for me!

If you think people are happy with this economy, you need to get out of Mom's Basement more often. :lol:

Regardless of who the Republicans eventually nominate, your side still has to run Barry and his four year recession, his $3.50/gallon gasoline, his 8% unemployment and his limp economy.

I won't vote for Romney because I really don't like the man, but I personally wouldn't be that smug. Better men than Barry have gotten voted out with stats that weren't nearly so grim.

You mean running on the growing economy and shrinking unemployment after inheriting the biggest disaster since the Great Depression? Against a field that Obama is beating heads up without even really beginning his campaign yet?

Works for me!

If you think people are happy with this economy, you need to get out of Mom's Basement more often. :lol:

I'm sure people were thrilled with the economy when they reelected FDR during the Great Depression.

It's a primary kids...the parties get a lot of leeway in how they run their primaries. (to include loyalty oaths and super delegates)

They can give everyone the finger and nominate whoever they want, if they want.

I'm sure people were thrilled with the economy when they reelected FDR during the Great Depression.

If you have to go back 76 years to find another president who won under these circumstances, you are whistling past the graveyard.

It should be pointed out in 1936, the GOP had ceased to function as an effective party. It had lost 80% of it's seats in congress and most of its governorships. The only real divide was between conservative southern Dems and liberal northern ones. FDR was more worried about Huey Long than Alf Landon.

FDR was about as close to dictatorship as this country ever got. So it's not really a good comparison to make.

Final point- FDR could cite progress. He got the unemployment rate from 25% to 15%. Still awful, but better than it was. Obama can't count on unemployment being lower than when he took office, when it was at 7.8%.

If you have to go back 76 years to find another president who won under these circumstances, you are whistling past the graveyard.

It should be pointed out in 1936, the GOP had ceased to function as an effective party. It had lost 80% of it's seats in congress and most of its governorships. The only real divide was between conservative southern Dems and liberal northern ones. FDR was more worried about Huey Long than Alf Landon.

FDR was about as close to dictatorship as this country ever got. So it's not really a good comparison to make.

Final point- FDR could cite progress. He got the unemployment rate from 25% to 15%. Still awful, but better than it was. Obama can't count on unemployment being lower than when he took office, when it was at 7.8%.

And you have to go back that far to find another President who came into office under these circumstances. BTW are you calling the GOP a functioning party now? lol (I kid)

As to the unemployment thing....the economy was bleeding jobs to the tune of 700k a month when he took office. In other words, that 7.8% had a big fat downward slope when he stepped in. The GOP is hoping Americans forget all that. I doubt the Obama campaign will allow it. If that's the talking point the GOP is hoping to win on, then they are banking on fooling the electorate into thinking a POTUS can turn around a 700k/mo job loss with the snap of a finger. Good luck with that.

OK, so filing suit to right a wrong is now considered a "bailout"? IN what liberal LaLaLand is that the case?
The only fail here is the OP.

The republican failure is hypocrisy, in that conservatives are availing themselves of the courts they so often deride. There’s nothing ‘wrong’ with what they’re doing, of course, but they’ll have no argument in the future when an opponent does the same.

And you have to go back that far to find another President who came into office under these circumstances. BTW are you calling the GOP a functioning party now? lol (I kid)

As to the unemployment thing....the economy was bleeding jobs to the tune of 700k a month when he took office. In other words, that 7.8% had a big fat downward slope when he stepped in. The GOP is hoping Americans forget all that. I doubt the Obama campaign will allow it. If that's the talking point the GOP is hoping to win on, then they are banking on fooling the electorate into thinking a POTUS can turn around a 700k/mo job loss with the snap of a finger. Good luck with that.

You work on the assumption that Americans think "I'm trying" is an excuse. Americans aren't that forgiving, really.

If unemployment gets better, he has a shot.

If Unemployment gets worse, he's done.

Of course, the GOP is going half his job for him by nominating Romney, a slick, slimey weird Mormon robot with no human empathy.

That's why he was elected to 4 terms.

And so did Hitler in the same time period. I think Stalin won all his elections in those years, too.

So elections in the US were similar to those in the USSR?

lol

Fail.

You think American democracy was functioning normally in FDR's years?

What was the first thing they did when they put FDR in the ground? The passed the 22nd Amendment so that shit would never happen again.

And so did Hitler in the same time period. I think Stalin won all his elections in those years, too.

lol

Fail.

What was the first thing they did when they put FDR in the ground? The passed the 22nd Amendment so that shit would never happen again.

Well, considering that blacks were essentially disenfranchised throughout the South, I'd say that democracy wasn't functioning as well as it does today. But to analogize American democracy to the Soviet Union is retarded.

lol

Fail.

Well, considering that blacks were essentially disenfranchised throughout the South, I'd say that democracy wasn't functioning as well as it does today. But to analogize American democracy to the Soviet Union is retarded.

America had ceased to have a two party system, votes were organized by party machines.

And when the War broke out, FDR went hog wild interning people he didn't like. J. Edgar Hoover had carte blanche to spy and wiretap the president's enemies. Shit we would simply impeach a president for today. Heck, Nixon always felt that he did nothing his predecessors hadn't done, and he was right.

Now, all that said, I think FDR was a good president and there was a lot to admire about him.

But to say that he had a vast respect for democracy and didn't look at the dictators of Europe with a bit of envy is a bit wistful.

Candidates Join Perry's Lawsuit

(CNN) - Four candidates left off the Virginia Republican primary ballot joined Rick Perry Saturday in suing the state's board of elections over laws they say are "unconstitutional."

Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman and former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum joined the lawsuit, originally filed Tuesday, challenging provisions that determine who can appear on the primary ballot.

On Wednesday, Gingrich cited fraud as the reason he didn’t make it onto the ballot, laying the blame on one of his campaign's paid volunteers.

"We hired somebody who turned in false signatures. We turned in 11,100 – we needed 10,000 – 1,500 of them were by one guy who frankly committed fraud,” Gingrich said.

Candidates join Perry’s Virginia lawsuit – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

This field is so full of fail.

You Liberals are full of shit. The Money is going to be spent, they paid taxes as well. Just because they lost the fight not to spend the money at all, does not mean they should not take the money now. Might as well get back some of what their People pay in, and not allow all the money to go to rewarding Obama supporters.

Candidates Join Perry's Lawsuit

(CNN) - Four candidates left off the Virginia Republican primary ballot joined Rick Perry Saturday in suing the state's board of elections over laws they say are "unconstitutional."

Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman and former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum joined the lawsuit, originally filed Tuesday, challenging provisions that determine who can appear on the primary ballot.

On Wednesday, Gingrich cited fraud as the reason he didn’t make it onto the ballot, laying the blame on one of his campaign's paid volunteers.

"We hired somebody who turned in false signatures. We turned in 11,100 – we needed 10,000 – 1,500 of them were by one guy who frankly committed fraud,” Gingrich said.

Candidates join Perry’s Virginia lawsuit – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

This field is so full of fail.

You Liberals are full of shit. The Money is going to be spent, they paid taxes as well. Just because they lost the fight not to spend the money at all, does not mean they should not take the money now. Might as well get back some of what their People pay in, and not allow all the money to go to rewarding Obama supporters.

Wow. You might very well have the worst reading comprehension of all time.

Forum List

Back