'Gilligan's' Mary Ann caught with dope

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
Wow! Another horrific crime averted. What the hell are we wasting our resources on MJ smokers? It was probably living with Gilligan that did it.

DRIGGS, Idaho - Dawn Wells, who played Mary Ann on "Gilligan's Island," is serving six months' unsupervised probation after allegedly being caught with marijuana in her car.

She was sentenced Feb. 29 to five days in jail, fined $410.50 and placed on probation after pleading guilty to one count of reckless driving.

Under a plea agreement, three misdemeanor counts — driving under the influence, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance — were dropped.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080311/ap_on_en_tv/people_dawn_wells

LEAVE MARY ANN ALONE! SHE MADE ME HOT IN THE 70S!

it was the 70s wasn't it?

yea.. she can't be driving and getting high. We don't like open containers of alcohol in cars and weed should be no different.

yea.. she can't be driving and getting high. We don't like open containers of alcohol in cars and weed should be no different.

I like the way it was reported on the radio this AM ... not what she put on probation for, just that she was put on probation and marijuana was found in her car. Anyone not actually checking the facts is going to believe she was put on probation for the pot.

And hey, stoned people drive just as stupid as drunk ones. I always like the inconspicuous one doing about 40 on the interstate, hunched over the wheel with a white-knuckle grip.:badgrin:

I like the way it was reported on the radio this AM ... not what she put on probation for, just that she was put on probation and marijuana was found in her car. Anyone not actually checking the facts is going to believe she was put on probation for the pot.

And hey, stoned people drive just as stupid as drunk ones. I always like the inconspicuous one doing about 40 on the interstate, hunched over the wheel with a white-knuckle grip.:badgrin:

I don't like the stoned drivers at all. They are to smokers what drunk drivers are to drinkers. True story, I was driving home from work one day and, in the next lane waiting for a stop light, saw two kids smoking a bowl in the car next to me. I acted like I took a pic of them on my phone cam and yelled to them that I was turning them in. Needless to say, they freaked out and sped off. irresponsible behaviour is still irresponsible regardless of the specific liberty being engaged in.

I don't know Gunny, back when I was younger and thought I was invincible, I put a lot of time into driving around stoned. I still drove properly. I'm not saying stoned driving is as safe as being sober, but "going 40 on the interstate, hunched over the wheel with a white knuckle grip" is a bit of a stereotype.

This doesn't mean I condone it. I'd love to see pot legalized and enforced the same way alcohol is.

Dupont wouldn't, though. And I'm afraid they'll always win out.

I don't know Gunny, back when I was younger and thought I was invincible, I put a lot of time into driving around stoned. I still drove properly. I'm not saying stoned driving is as safe as being sober, but "going 40 on the interstate, hunched over the wheel with a white knuckle grip" is a bit of a stereotype.

This doesn't mean I condone it. I'd love to see pot legalized and enforced the same way alcohol is.

Dupont wouldn't, though. And I'm afraid they'll always win out.

I'm not stereotyping anyone. I took driver's ed stoned (was right after lunch). I've driven impaired by alcohol and I've driven impaired by pot. Different effects, but still impaired either way.

I don't like the stoned drivers at all. They are to smokers what drunk drivers are to drinkers. True story, I was driving home from work one day and, in the next lane waiting for a stop light, saw two kids smoking a bowl in the car next to me. I acted like I took a pic of them on my phone cam and yelled to them that I was turning them in. Needless to say, they freaked out and sped off. irresponsible behaviour is still irresponsible regardless of the specific liberty being engaged in.

Agreed.

How many accidents were caused by people smoking pot? How many?

Pot is better than alchohol and there is nothing wrong with smoking pot and driving.

How many accidents were caused by people smoking pot? How many?

Pot is better than alchohol and there is nothing wrong with smoking pot and driving.

WAY to over-generalized. Pot may be better than alcohol, but there is definitely not NOTHING wrong with driving stoned on pot.

I used to make the argument that "it heightens your senses, so it increases your ability to make good judgements while driving", but that's not the case at all.

It may not impair you the way alcohol does, but it's definitely not a safe thing to be doing.

Word!

Mary Ann was do-able. You never fantasized about Ginger because she was too hard to get.

I never fantasized about Ginger because she just wasn't nearly as sexy as Mary Ann. I didn't like her prissy hollywood "i'll win you over with my looks because I can't do anything for myself" attitude.

I'd kick Ginger right outta bed for eating crackers.

Mary Anne totally got busted with Mary Jane.
emotquagmireqm4.gif

Forum List

Back