Gilbert Arenas Charged with Felony Gun Possession

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
Washington Wizards guard Gilbert Arenas has been charged with felony gun possession, the Washington Post reported Thursday.

Arenas, who was suspended indefinitely without pay by NBA commissioner David Stern last week, was charged with carrying a pistol without a license outside a home or business, according to the paper.

Report: Washington Wizards guiard Gilbert Arenas charged with felony - ESPN

This all stems from incident in which the NBA star brought several guns into the locker room to play a "practical joke" on a teammate who owed him money from a card game.

This idiot is going to go to jail and lose his career over this ... oh yeah, and $80+ million dollars.

anyone heard how long he will be banned (assuming he doesn't go to jail, which I don't think he will)?

His career is likely done. And the Wizards get to opt out of what was a horrible deal for them in the first place.

The suspension is indefinite for now, E.

This is his second weapons charge. I think he's going away for a lil while.

anyone heard how long he will be banned (assuming he doesn't go to jail, which I don't think he will)?

The charge carries a maximum five year sentence. Considering this is not his first offense, and if he makes a plea bargain it would be interesting.

He'd probably serve a year, maybe two and a half at most. He'd be banned from the NBA for probably three to four years. But I doubt any team would take him. Or if they do, he won't nearly get the deal he has now.

I am almost feeling sorry for the guy. He lost his temper and his mind and $80million. Two years from now when he gets out of jail, out of shape..... I hope he invested the money he got so far wisely. I wouldn't bet that he did though.

Some other guy is going to get a cool job because this guy couldn't keep it together. I hope he is thankful for the the opportunity.

I am almost feeling sorry for the guy. He lost his temper and his mind and $80million. Two years from now when he gets out of jail, out of shape..... I hope he invested the money he got so far wisely. I wouldn't bet that he did though.

Some other guy is going to get a cool job because this guy couldn't keep it together. I hope he is thankful for the the opportunity.

I heard the gambling debt was something like fifteen hundred dollars.

Way to throw it all away for nothing.

It's a shame too because he was a great story ... father was homeless and lived out of a car ... rose from absolulty nothing, etc.

Washington Wizards guard Gilbert Arenas has been charged with felony gun possession, the Washington Post reported Thursday.

Arenas, who was suspended indefinitely without pay by NBA commissioner David Stern last week, was charged with carrying a pistol without a license outside a home or business, according to the paper.

Report: Washington Wizards guiard Gilbert Arenas charged with felony - ESPN

This all stems from incident in which the NBA star brought several guns into the locker room to play a "practical joke" on a teammate who owed him money from a card game.

Dumb ass carrying a gun without a liscense for it (not that i think you should have to have a special liscense to get a gun but it is the law).

At least he has the money to pay for the court proceedings.

And I bet he wasn't even holding the pistol correctly.

BACKOFF.jpg

Arena plead guilty today. He might luck out and avoid jail time.

Forum List

Back