Gilad Shalit-A Perspective

sealadaigh

Rookie
Mar 12, 2012
THE NO REP ZONE
gilad shalit was held as a prisoner of war for over five years in gaza.

during those five years, i never heard a single pro-palestinian poster make a joke about him or even wish him any kind of ill will.

during those five years, i never heard a single pro-palestinian poster make a joke about him or even wish him any kind of ill will.

I had really hoped that some of the Zionists would have responded to this post but in reality I knew they would not. They are caught between a rock and a hard place in that the difference between how the pro Palestinians react to Gilat and how the Zionists react to Samer is truely an example of the different ways in which both groups react to either death or the prospect of death.

<yuck> typical islamo nazi shanty town / tammany hall shit slurred and stinking
of long term inebriation the blarney pigs compare a kidnapped innocent--with
a convicted terrorist-----TYPICAL dancer on the dead bodies of nail bomb baby victims
from London to Gujarat

• Banned
<yuck> typical islamo nazi shanty town / tammany hall shit slurred and stinking
of long term inebriation the blarney pigs compare a kidnapped innocent--with
a convicted terrorist-----TYPICAL dancer on the dead bodies of nail bomb baby victims
from London to Gujarat

tell it to marg, iRose.

Btw, the Israeli army wouldn't let him speak of his captivity, they told him not to reveal any details and not to show Hamas in a 'good' light. That indicates he was treated well and had good things to say about their cause.

But, that being said, I feel that in the coming years he will publish a book about his captivity and will it be afraid to tell of his fair and good experiences in Gaza.

"shalit has been told not to talk of his captivity" so he called "because"
to discuss it -----knowing "because' would not mention the call
to anyone

Btw, the Israeli army wouldn't let him speak of his captivity, they told him not to reveal any details and not to show Hamas in a 'good' light. That indicates he was treated well and had good things to say about their cause.

But, that being said, I feel that in the coming years he will publish a book about his captivity and will it be afraid to tell of his fair and good experiences in Gaza.

BIK, please be honest. he came back with a terrible weight loss, lack of vitamin D, had to go through not one but TWO surgeries, and his eye-sight got worse in captivity.

He didn't any healthy food, and for 5 and a half years never saw the sunlight.

That hardly quilified as a "good" treatment. The Red Cross was never allowed to visit him.

While Palestinian prisoners, MOST of them, for the sake of honesty, get visits, basic needs fulfiled, and get to see the Red Cross poeple.

There IS NO POSITIVE LIGHT of Hamas when it comes to Gilad Shalit. The only "positive" thing here is that the deal was truthfully fulfilled and that he came back alive.

"Fair and good experience in Gaza"? Sweetie, he was in captivity in a middile of a HELLHOLE. What good things could he have experienced there?

He did only speak of basics though, not politics, I'm sure he discussed politics with the captors....

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/14/w...shalit-recalls-captivity-under-militants.html

Mr. Shalit said that during his captivity he tried to focus on the good things, small as they were: &#8220;Whatever I was allowed; television, radio, reasonable food, the fact that they did not abuse me too much.&#8221; He said he tried to maintain a regular schedule and to keep active. &#8220;I would get up at about the same time and go to sleep at the same time,&#8221; he said. &#8220;I would do the same things almost every day. From the start, I followed the dates. There wasn&#8217;t a moment that I didn&#8217;t know what day it was. &#8221;

He said that he began to understand a little Arabic and built a kind of rapport with his guards over a shared enthusiasm for sports. &#8220;There were moments when a kind of emotion would arise, a kind of laughter,&#8221; he said, &#8220;when we watched a good game on television or a movie.&#8221; He would also play chess and dominoes with his captors, he said, saying these activities helped him &#8220;stay sane.&#8221;

He added, &#8220;I would make a ball out of socks or a shirt, and throw it into the trash can or all kinds of places.&#8221; Though he did not keep a diary, he said, he wrote notes, which he would hide because some guards suspected that he was gathering information.

Not talking about his captivity is for the sake of intelligence, and completely understood. But I guess it is healthy for him to open up to someone.

Only sad and fuming thing is that his father uses him constantly for his own political needs. That boy needs to be left alone

Gilad Shalit was not held PRISONER, but held CAPTIVE.

And ok, that's true. But what is your point?:confused:

In fact I did read quite a bit -----islamo nazi pigs JUSTIFIED the kidnapping--
a disgusting crime-----kidnap for ransom is actually a CAPITAL CRIME
in american jurisprudence There is nothing remotely OK ABOUT IT
If Israel had tried emulating that islamo nazi shit----deach would have
come up with even more filth In fact----were I queen---I would respond
to each islamo nazi pig atrocity with-----EQUITY -----

One of the islamo nazi pigs on this board ----today ---ISSUED A THREAT
regarding the next victim of islamo nazi muhummad ass licker kidnaps
should Israel fail to tolerate islamo nazi pig atrocities without response
Nice going, dog. You proved that which I knew all along-----
the word of a tongue that has been up the ass of muhuhmmad ibn
abdullah is worth about the same as the shit that clings to it

The ongoing black mail which constittutes that HUNGER STRIKE of lump
of shit ENDANGERS the world ----- the rest of the baby throat slitting
dogs will EMULATE should this circus bear fruit for the dogs of mecca
Successful black mail NEVER ENDS

BIK, please be honest. he came back with a terrible weight loss, lack of vitamin D, had to go through not one but TWO surgeries, and his eye-sight got worse in captivity.

That hardly quilified as a "good" treatment. The Red Cross was never allowed to visit him.

While Palestinian prisoners, MOST of them, for the sake of honesty, get visits, basic needs fulfiled, and get to see the Red Cross poeple.

There IS NO POSITIVE LIGHT of Hamas when it comes to Gilad Shalit. The only "positive" thing here is that the deal was truthfully fulfilled and that he came back alive.

"Fair and good experience in Gaza"? Sweetie, he was in captivity in a middile of a HELLHOLE. What good things could he have experienced there?

Weight loss was due to him being very frightened, as a soldier you shouldn't be that frightened....and he was already skinny to begin with.

His eye sight was because he couldn't leave freely and that's because Israel would have attempted a raid or a collaborator would disclose the location to Shin Bet.

He eat normal food Gazan's eat. Gaza has routine food. Obviously if the Red Cross was allowed Israel would have sent UAVs to identify the location and no doubt they would have brought chips to identity the location which would lead to a raid and failure of objective.

They did move him around from some places at night and I heard rumors that he was dressed in an women's outfit so he can't be identified.

Weight loss was due to him being very frightened, as a soldier you shouldn't be that frightened....and he was already skinny to begin with.

His eye sight was because he couldn't leave freely and that's because Israel would have attempted a raid or a collaborator would disclose the location to Shin Bet.

He eat normal food Gazan's eat. Gaza has routine food. Obviously if the Red Cross was allowed Israel would have sent UAVs to identify the location and no doubt they would have brought chips to identity the location which would lead to a raid and failure of objective.

They did move him around from some places at night and I heard rumors that he was dressed in an women's outfit so he can't be identified.

He had weight loss because he wasn't well fed for a long period of time. I bet Palestinian prisoners are also frightened, but they don't seem to suffer such drastic wight loss.

Yes, Gilad was skinny, but not that much.

His eye sight loss was during to his condition in his captivity, that added to the fact that he lost his glasses in the Palestinian attack on his base and was not allowed to have new ones.

Fact is, that he didn't get to have medical treatment that are required in order to stay sane and healthy. I heard that they gave him TV only two or three years after he was taken, because he began to lose his mind in the darkness he was in.

You're so demented BIK. Did you see him after he got released? He looked like a cancer patient ! He had to have shrapnel removed from his arm that was there for five fuckin years.

Why should they have added insult to injury? Are you saying pro-Palestinian posters aren't human? That seems to be the implication of your statement.

You're so demented BIK. Did you see him after he got released? He looked like a cancer patient ! He had to have shrapnel removed from his arm that was there for five fuckin years.

No, he just felt very awkward in the atmosphere, too bad Netanyahu didn't release him before hand, what a horrible leader.

Why should they have added insult to injury? Are you saying pro-Palestinian posters aren't human? That seems to be the implication of your statement.

Some are and some are not-----most of all none have a sense of humor.
Those here found comments about murdered babies with their
brains blown out having "lost five pounds" comical.
Many of the disgusting pigs did comment on the idea that shalit
DESERVED TO BE KIDNAPPED and held without contact with
family or even the red cross.

The response of similar scum on this board to the VOLUNTARY
FAST BY A CONVICTED CRIMINAL FOR A GET OUT OF JAIL
FREE PASS BLACKMAIL is "ISRAEL IS MURDERING HIM"

The same scum have and are supporting the release of
known MURDERERS and describe with pious self-righteousness
the spiritually uplifting celebrations as friends and family lick the
ass of the killers in the name of ALLAH

Once again people either obviously or purposivly ( sp ) misunderstand what is the basic design of the OP. It is not to compare the plight of Gilad to that of Samer rather it is to compare the reactions of the pro-Palestinian Posters to the confinement of Gilad to the reactions of the pro-Zionist Posters to the confinement of Samer. The reaction of one group is not to degrade the individual and thus not to render his humanity null. The reaction of the other group is to laugh and make jokes thus making the individual less than an animal.

Forum List

Back