Gilad Shalit-A Perspective

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by sealadaigh, Jan 15, 2013.

1. sealadaigh

sealadaigh BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +129
    gilad shalit was held as a prisoner of war for over five years in gaza.

during those five years, i never heard a single pro-palestinian poster make a joke about him or even wish him any kind of ill will.

2. patrickcaturday

patrickcaturday Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143

I had really hoped that some of the Zionists would have responded to this post but in reality I knew they would not. They are caught between a rock and a hard place in that the difference between how the pro Palestinians react to Gilat and how the Zionists react to Samer is truely an example of the different ways in which both groups react to either death or the prospect of death.

3. irosie91

irosie91 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,050
    <yuck> typical islamo nazi shanty town / tammany hall shit slurred and stinking
    of long term inebriation the blarney pigs compare a kidnapped innocent--with
    a convicted terrorist-----TYPICAL dancer on the dead bodies of nail bomb baby victims
    from London to Gujarat

4. sealadaigh

sealadaigh BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +129
    tell it to marg, iRose.

5. MJB12741

MJB12741 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,051
    Seal, are you holding up okay with your disposable diapers?

6. Lipush

Lipush Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,281
    Gilad Shalit was not held PRISONER, but held CAPTIVE.

And ok, that's true. But what is your point?:confused:

7. BecauseIKnow

BecauseIKnow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +434
    Btw, the Israeli army wouldn't let him speak of his captivity, they told him not to reveal any details and not to show Hamas in a 'good' light. That indicates he was treated well and had good things to say about their cause.

But, that being said, I feel that in the coming years he will publish a book about his captivity and will it be afraid to tell of his fair and good experiences in Gaza.

8. irosie91

irosie91 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,050
    "shalit has been told not to talk of his captivity" so he called "because"
    to discuss it -----knowing "because' would not mention the call
    to anyone

9. Lipush

Lipush Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,281
    BIK, please be honest. he came back with a terrible weight loss, lack of vitamin D, had to go through not one but TWO surgeries, and his eye-sight got worse in captivity.

He didn't any healthy food, and for 5 and a half years never saw the sunlight.

That hardly quilified as a "good" treatment. The Red Cross was never allowed to visit him.

While Palestinian prisoners, MOST of them, for the sake of honesty, get visits, basic needs fulfiled, and get to see the Red Cross poeple.

There IS NO POSITIVE LIGHT of Hamas when it comes to Gilad Shalit. The only "positive" thing here is that the deal was truthfully fulfilled and that he came back alive.

"Fair and good experience in Gaza"? Sweetie, he was in captivity in a middile of a HELLHOLE. What good things could he have experienced there?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. BecauseIKnow

BecauseIKnow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +434
    He did only speak of basics though, not politics, I'm sure he discussed politics with the captors....

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/14/w...shalit-recalls-captivity-under-militants.html

Mr. Shalit said that during his captivity he tried to focus on the good things, small as they were: &#8220;Whatever I was allowed; television, radio, reasonable food, the fact that they did not abuse me too much.&#8221; He said he tried to maintain a regular schedule and to keep active. &#8220;I would get up at about the same time and go to sleep at the same time,&#8221; he said. &#8220;I would do the same things almost every day. From the start, I followed the dates. There wasn&#8217;t a moment that I didn&#8217;t know what day it was. &#8221;

He said that he began to understand a little Arabic and built a kind of rapport with his guards over a shared enthusiasm for sports. &#8220;There were moments when a kind of emotion would arise, a kind of laughter,&#8221; he said, &#8220;when we watched a good game on television or a movie.&#8221; He would also play chess and dominoes with his captors, he said, saying these activities helped him &#8220;stay sane.&#8221;

He added, &#8220;I would make a ball out of socks or a shirt, and throw it into the trash can or all kinds of places.&#8221; Though he did not keep a diary, he said, he wrote notes, which he would hide because some guards suspected that he was gathering information.