Gift Cards

Samson

Póg Mo Thóin
Dec 3, 2009
A Higher Plain
Well thank you for giving me a $25 Cabela's Gift card and a Amazon $25 gift card.

They helped me burn through $100.00 dollars buying a Luhr Jensen Mini-Chief Smoker and Mad Men Season 5 on Blue-Ray.

I suppose that's better than spending $150.00

:eusa_shifty:

Well thank you for giving me a $25 Cabela's Gift card and a Amazon $25 gift card.

They helped me burn through $100.00 dollars buying a Luhr Jensen Mini-Chief Smoker and Mad Men Season 5 on Blue-Ray.

Gotta be honest with ya bud, STFU and be grateful for what you get. If your gifts suck donate them to charity, someone could who needs them can use them.

I went to Starbucks to get a gift card, but the sign on the door said "temporarily closed due to plumbing issues".
So I went to Walgreen's and got one. They sell gift cards for like 40 restaurants, stores, etc.

Gotta be honest with ya bud, STFU and be grateful for what you get. If your gifts suck donate them to charity, someone could who needs them can use them.

Sorry if you got a lump of coal, however;

The point is not that my "gifts suck."

It is that gift cards encourage you to spend money on yourself.

I went to Starbucks to get a gift card, but the sign on the door said "temporarily closed due to plumbing issues".
So I went to Walgreen's and got one. They sell gift cards for like 40 restaurants, stores, etc.

Indeed I gave copiously to P.F. Chang and Red Robins.

At both places if you buy $100 you get $20 free, which is actually a pretty good deal on the surface, however I'm sure the restaurants balance the 20% free food/service with the customers that show up with $25 gift cards and either spend $26+, or spend $20 and forget about the $5 remaining on the card.

Thank you for stimulating the economy.

I got a $25.00 gift card to JCPenny from one of my aunts. :) :) :)

God bless you and her always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. Eventually I may have one from Kohl's due to a gift that has to be returned.

Gift cards. The ultimate I didn't give enough of a shit to even try present lol.

I know... I used a $100 gift card at Nordstrom the other day... and spent another $100... on shoes. :redface:

Gift cards. The ultimate I didn't give enough of a shit to even try present lol.

no. that's not it... sometimes the gift card is exactly right. my son gets barnes and noble and gamestop gift cards from friends and relatives all the time. i got a starbucks card from our secretary. i gave my parents a $200 gift certificate for one of the local restaurants they love to go to and a sephora card to a friend for her birthday b/c you can't pick out makeup or perfume for people unless you know EXACTLY what they use. so... those cards are perfect ..... and they're chosen because of the things we like. so like anything else... i think a) it depends on what gift card; and b) who is giving it. obviously if my husband gave me a gift card, i'd be annoyed.... although as a stocking stuffer type thing,,,, not bad. i am perfectly happy to slap another starbucks card onto my iPhone. :D

I know... I used a $100 gift card at Nordstrom the other day... and spent another $100... on shoes. :redface:

If it is sympathy you seek I'm just not feeling it. :D

If it is sympathy you seek I'm just not feeling it. :D

no sympathy. the shoes were very cool. :)

Sorry if you got a lump of coal, however;

The point is not that my "gifts suck."

It is that gift cards encourage you to spend money on yourself.

No it is not what I got. I enjoy the season. You sounded like you were crying, I gave you a response.

If someone was going to buy me clothes as a gift, I'd rather they give me a gift card. I might not like the clothes they buy me, or they might not fit. I'd much rather have the gift card.

Same with books. Usually when someone buys you a book, it is because they liked the book and want you to read it. There's a good chance you might not have the same tastes in literature. A gift card is an excellent option.

Restaurant gift cards, maybe not so good. It certainly shows more class to take them out to eat in person, if you are able.

If you spend more than the value of the gift card, you can always look at it as a coupon.

Last edited:
^^^ I got a gift card to the O Charley's restaurant from a cousin in my family that I don't get to see much because he lives several hours away from me.

God bless you and him always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. Last year, he gave me one to IHOP. :) :) :)

$55 in GCs for Barnes and Nobles and a $25 Amazon GC (gonna use that for Kindle Fire books)

I love Gift Cards. You forget/don't bother to give relatives ideas for xmas, so GCs are better then them just guessing and you can get whatever you want.

New Topics

Forum List

Back