Gibbs sees Dems coming out on top

Ragnar

<--- Pic is not me
Jan 23, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
Gibbs sees Dems coming out on top - Abby Phillip - POLITICO.com

"I think right now, you see an electorate by Democrats that is actually more engaged," Gibbs said on NBC's "Meet the Press" on Sunday. "There's an excitement about what this president is trying to do. There's an energy around it. And we're seeing that in shrinking generic congressional ballots, and we're seeing that in a shrinking enthusiasm gap."

Careful in his choice of words, Gibbs walked back statements he made earlier this year that Republicans could take control of the House.

"I think that campaigns in this cycle are being run on a lot of local issues and issues that are important not nationally, but to individual states and individual congressional districts," Gibbs said. "I think our candidates have done a remarkably good job in a tough political environment. And I think that come election night, we'll retain control of both the House and the Senate.

:lol:

nostoryhere.jpg

Over/Under on GOP House gains is 55 with, I think, 39 needed to flip it out of Pelosi's hands. Good luck with that Gibbsy. Add to that 5 or 6 Senate gains and the Republicans ought to have a solid 41 Senate votes to kill bills even without RINO's. Not to mention, after the wave hits there is an outside chance of one or two blue dogs leaving the Dim party to join the GOP among those not running in this cycle. 2010 could be quite an eventful election year.

Sure he would,who in there right mind at this point,would say different? A far cry from what might happen would be a bad political move to admit you might just get your ass handed to you in a few weeks.

Sure he would,who in there right mind at this point,would say different? A far cry from what might happen would be a bad political move to admit you might just get your ass handed to you in a few weeks.

Well, Gibbs for one. :lol:

Pelosi/Gibbs feud, day three : SFGate: Politics Blog

Guess he got the message to re-message. Guess he would rather look like an idiot than incur the wrath of Pelosi again. (all the while with Democrats running against Pelosi all over the country)

Ain't politics grand?

Who does he work for again? Its a "white lie". Its the polls that need to be looked at seriously, and the polls aren't lying.

Gibbs is definitely the "Baghdad Bob" of this administration.
I wonder if he will just not show up for work after the election.

The Democrats' brutal weekend - James Hohmann - POLITICO.com

President Barack Obama's senior adviser David Axelrod didn’t sound as optimistic as Gibbs, predicting on CNN’s “State of the Union” only that “the Republicans will have more seats in Congress regardless of whether they have control or not."

Obama was stumping in Columbus, Ohio, Sunday, but even he is struggling to close the enthusiasm gap. A poll released Sunday by The Associated Press and Knowledge Networks showed many voters who supported Obama in 2008 on track to stay home or support Republicans. One quarter of those who cast ballots for Obama are planning to or thinking about voting Republican this year, according to the poll.

And a National Public Radio survey of likely voters that was released Friday showed that Republican candidates lead in 53 competitive House districts now held by Democrats.

Dims gettin' slap happy... :lol:

Slaphappy in CO-7: Perlmutter Slaps Frazier (Literally&#8211;w/video) Over Health Care; Candidates Exchange Verbal Jabs - By Michael Sandoval - Battle ?10 - National Review Online

Democratic Rep. Ed Perlmutter and GOP challenger Ryan Frazier verbally sparred over many issues, from energy and taxes to foreign policy and the national debt. But it was during an exchange over health care, and the health care bill itself, that Perlmutter swats Frazier’s hand. Frazier quickly responded and Perlmutter apologized immediately:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg0kQYogo3Q&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Really just a love tap compared to verbal slings and arrows in other races. :lol:

He's right....I have done some research and I see a disturbing trend developing....I don't think a Republican/Conservative candidate will will ANY race this mid term....and I project that they will not win a race in 2012 either....In fact Gibbs is downplaying the whole future of the GOP.Insiders are admitting that the GOP will never win another seat in congress,the Senate or the WH...government officials are keeping this a secret because they feel if the truth got out then the citizens in the party will just throw in the towel and will just give up and not go to work anymore.

HHHAAa ha hhaha hhahha hahha hhahahah ahhahaa.......that Gibbs he's one funny SOB

Forum List

Back