Gibbs said, We can do nothing

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
Asked what the Obama administration could do to stop WikiLeaks from disclosing thousands of similar documents it claims to have, Gibbs said, "We can do nothing but implore the person that has those classified top secret documents not to post any more."

"I think it's important that no more damage be done to our national security," Gibbs said Friday on NBC's "Today" show.

White House urges halt to spilling of war secrets - Yahoo! News

this makes no sense...we can do nothing? so no laws were broken? no international agreements in place to deal with this kind of leak?

what i am missing?

Asked what the Obama administration could do to stop WikiLeaks from disclosing thousands of similar documents it claims to have, Gibbs said, "We can do nothing but implore the person that has those classified top secret documents not to post any more."

"I think it's important that no more damage be done to our national security," Gibbs said Friday on NBC's "Today" show.

this makes no sense...we can do nothing? so no laws were broken? no international agreements in place to deal with this kind of leak?

what i am missing?

In their Defense there was nothing they could really do legally to a site in Sweeden posting stuff. However they could have came out more forcefully against it at least. Their relative Siliece on the matter did not help, that is for sure.

Truth is I think Obama wants this stuff out there. He is looking for a way to back away from Afghan and thinks he can use this.

Pretty funny Obama on the View talking about how we need to end the constant campaigning. The Man never stops campaigning. Pretty funny. Every move he makes has 2012 as it's Major motivation.

what i am missing?

In their Defense there was nothing they could really do legally to a site in Sweeden posting stuff. However they could have came out more forcefully against it at least. Their relative Siliece on the matter did not help, that is for sure.

Truth is I think Obama wants this stuff out there. He is looking for a way to back away from Afghan and thinks he can use this.

Pretty funny Obama on the View talking about how we need to end the constant campaigning. The Man never stops campaigning. Pretty funny. Every move he makes has 2012 as it's Major motivation.

i agree...he never stops campaigning...then again, that is his reportaire....do as i say, not as i do....he thinks his speeches fool americans...

as to legally....that is why i asked about international agreements...apparently we have none with the swiss on this type of matter, pity

what i am missing?

Read the First Amendment.

what i am missing?

Let me make sure I've got this clear.

You want to these people to be punished so the big bad evil government can keep more things secret?

this makes no sense...we can do nothing? so no laws were broken? no international agreements in place to deal with this kind of leak? what i am missing?
The White House asked them politely not to leak anymore secrets for Gods sake! What more do you want? Jeez!:rolleyes:

Get off Gibb's back, he was finally being honest, the White House really can't do anything, correctly that is.

Forum List

Back