Gibbs: "Don't ask, don't tell is going to end"

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
The Oval: Tracking the Obama presidency

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said today that the military's "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy "is going to end" -- it's just a matter of how.

"The time is ticking on the policy of 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell,'" Gibbs said, suggesting that the courts will end the policy if Congress does not.

President Obama, meanwhile, "strongly believes that this policy is unjust, that it is detrimental to our national security," Gibbs said.

The spokesman referred reporters to the Justice Department for questions about appealing a federal judge's ruling yesterday striking down the policy.

Instead, he emphasized that Defense Secretary Robert Gates and Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Mike Mullen are due to report back in December on how to end the anti-gay policy "in an orderly way."

The easiest way to do that, Gibbs added, is for the U.S. Senate to follow the House and simply void the policy. He said the Senate can do that in a lame duck session following the Nov. 2 elections.

Last edited:
Only a matter of time, but too late to save many military careers..

Gay marriage is next on the only a matter of time list

Wouldn't be the first time the White House was wrong.

Come on Ollie...even you know that DADT will end and gays will serve openly in the military.

In five years, people will wonder what the fuss was about

Come on Ollie...even you know that DADT will end and gays will serve openly in the military.

You are right, I do expect it will end. That doesn't mean I agree with it. I believe it will hurt the US Military. Call it anything you want but it would be wrong.

How is it going to hurt the military Bag Lady Ollie?

Remember you old dipshit, you got out BEFORE DADT was enacted.

I personally think that kicking out multi lingual people who WANT TO BE THERE and SPEAK THE LANGUAGE OF OUR ENEMIES is a lot more important qualification for keeping them in, rather than kicking them out just for being gay.

I bet you would have been against integration of blacks and women too, eh?

You are right, I do expect it will end. That doesn't mean I agree with it. I believe it will hurt the US Military. Call it anything you want but it would be wrong.

the military and republicans are full of hate filled assholes like you, you know you had gays' in the trenches with you in WWI.

I personally think that kicking out multi lingual people who WANT TO BE THERE and SPEAK THE LANGUAGE OF OUR ENEMIES is a lot more important qualification for keeping them in, rather than kicking them out just for being gay.

I'll respond to you when you learn some fucking respect, you punk ass bitch. Besides we've had this conversation I'm sure.

I'll respond to you when you learn some fucking respect, you punk ass bitch. Besides we've had this conversation I'm sure.

you don't want it getting out that you blew several of your platoon in WWI!!

Let the Military decide, if, how and when they decide to run the Military. Last time I heard, the military was not a democracy. Why not leave them to do the job they are paid to do, in the best way they know.

No, Bag Lady Ollie didn't smoke cocks, he just let them teabag him. Penis' fit in his other end from what I've been told.

And yeah, this idiot got out BEFORE DADT was enacted, so his level of knowledge on this subject is kinda limited.

Me personally? I've known several gay people over the course of my career, and to tell you the truth, many gays make BETTER military members than straights.

Wanna know why? Attention to detail. You can't grow up gay in a straight world without paying attention to everything going on around you.

And.......attention to detail is very useful to have in military operations.

Last edited:

Seriously, shut up.
YOu might not agree with him, but Ollie is a good guy, and doesn't deserve that kind of crap.
I don't agree with him, but I am not about to make some asshole comment.

Last edited:

I'll kick your walker out from under you grampy

Seriously, shut up.
YOu might not agree with him, but Ollie is a good guy, and doesn't deserve that kind of crap.
I don't agree with you, but I am not about to make some asshole comment.

fuck off

New Topics

Forum List

Back