Giant airship that can land anywhere..and stay in the air for 3 weeks.

I get it now. NATO robot war where nobody has to take responsibility for the drone strike and there is constant surveillance of interesting targets programmed by an unmanned gas bag in the sky.

Welcome to the 21st century

and if they use hydrogen, the lift is doubled.

And to prevent the Hindenburg again, they should avoid painting the surface with rocket fuel like they used to. Aluminum Iron Oxide is NOT a good surface treatment.

No, solar is the (alternate?) power source that allegedly keeps the thing inflated. It has to be a gas bag to stay up that long. We have military specks in the sky called satelites. What is the military benefit of a gas bag that can land on water?

Communications, recon, intel

"Communications, recon and intell" with a high tech manned gas bag? I'm trying to get a handle on the concept. I don't think the US Military has a problem with communications or recon and don't even mention intelligence which is run from a hundred bureaucratic federal agencies. We don't even fight that kind of war anymore. I'm guessing that the idea is more like a cold-war and dooms-day concept.

Disaster response. Think of the applications, relief cargo, a medical blimp that can land almost anywhere and carry ten times the payload helicopters can at a fraction of the fuel cost.

Very cool!
At last we might get the flying cars that Popular Mechanics etc have been promising us since the '50s!

It's a freaking gas bag blimp with solar panels to make the citizens think it's a "green" project. If big gas bags worked for medical evacuations they would have kept them around for more than watching baseball games.

Whitey, you are a freakin' gas bag. The concept has obvious uses. One I can think of is free Wi-Fi to some little nation with a big headed dictator. Hard to censor that. Same for cell phone communications. Would not have to do anything in terms of propaganda, just give the people of said nation free and uncensored communications among themselves, and with the rest of the world.

Whitey, you are a freakin' gas bag. The concept has obvious uses. One I can think of is free Wi-Fi to some little nation with a big headed dictator. Hard to censor that. Same for cell phone communications. Would not have to do anything in terms of propaganda, just give the people of said nation free and uncensored communications among themselves, and with the rest of the world.

Three weeks in the air with technology we abandoned fifty years ago becomes the new standard of left wing propaganda. God help us.

Three weeks in the air with technology we abandoned fifty years ago becomes the new standard of left wing propaganda. God help us.

Would it be more acceptable to you if it was spewing right wing propaganda?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4wHGDIAdhg&feature=related]F TROOP - IT IS BALLOON - YouTube[/ame]

Poor, poor Whitey. Another concept to try to wrap his diminutive brain around.:lol:

:wtf:

Forum List

Back