Ghosts & The Paranormal

C

chloe

So has anyone ever experienced a Ghost? Do you believe in Psychic Phenomenon ?

My mom thinks my deceased grandma keeps setting off my moms "spongebob squarepants" cookie jar. Whenever I go over to my moms house spongebob starts talking and my mom says "boy, grandma's talking to you today" and I say hmm...the batteries are probably going bad and thats why its going off by itself.

I have mixed feelings about ghosts and the paranormal. My grandmother was convinced that she saw the ghost of my aunt--her first daughter--who died at age 22.

My grandmother said they lived in a haunted house for a short time. She said that the owner of the house had been evicted and had put a spell on the house. Grandma said she heard footsteps coming up the stairs but not going back down and would check and no one was there.

The said there were many incidents of unexplained misfortune that they experienced at the house while living there.

I do think that places where violent crime has occurred have 'bad feeling' associated with it. Of course, none of this can really be proven one way or another and there are always multiple causes and conditions for any phenomena.

Then there is my own personal spiritual outlook--which is that all of life, the universe and it's contents, the beings who inhabit it do not exist in the way we habitually think of them. I think things appear, and are experienced and compelling, but none of it has independent self-existence or solidity in the way we concieve of it.

It is dreamlike phenomena. Everything that occurs in what we expereince as 'waking life' exists in the same way that dreams exist. While they are occuring we believe the dream world is real--it has form and color and sensation and emotion or feeling. Then we awaken, and it vanishes wwithout a trace.

Dreams are fleeting sensory experince. Waking life is the same. That's why it is valuable to train in lucid dreaming.

Nope.

But my mother was authentically and tragically pyschic.

When I was a kid I used to be more in tune with it, my mom said I used to talk about the "dead people" as if they were a certain class in society. I had all these imaginary friends. But later a religion taught me it was wrong and that it was evil, and over time all of it went away. I would always feel afraid like evil was trying to grab a hold of me if I sensed things and pray for it to go away. Now Im old and sometimes I still have dreams and then things in my dreams will happen. Also sometimes a picture will come into my head for no reason with thoughts attached to it and I won't no why and then later the picture will happen and I will get creeped out inside about it.

The Holy Ghost. Try speaking in tongues. That'll convince you.

when I lived in roswell new mexico, me & my 1st husband used to party a lot with his boss and his bosses wife and we would always go back to there house and stay up all night long, the wife was a religious chick, somehow the men would take off or be gone or something and the wife would always turn on this guy on tv named "pat robertson" (I think that was his name) anyway she freakin loved this guy, here I was high as a kite and she would be talking in a weird language to me and crying and crap, I would just watch with my dopey eyes and nod and she was talking in tongues. Perhaps it was because I was on drugs at the time but it didn't inspire me it just seemed odd.

About psychic phenomena such as telepathy, clairvoyance, etc. I have an open mind. I certainly believe that some people know the future, since I'd be a very strange Christian if I didn't believe in prophecy.

I believe in ghostly phenomena, but I don't believe in ghosts. What I believe is that demons occasionally mimic the spirits of the dead in order to deceive the living. I have known people, including my own mother, who have experienced demonic manifestations.

Oddly enough, I seem to represent a sort of "dead zone" for such phenomena. I had a friend who was convinced that her house was haunted by the ghost of her dead son, and she wasn't the only one. A number of people whose word I would trust for it claimed to have witnessed the manifestations, including mysterious knockings, cold spots, all the usual. In addition, there was a Polaroid snapshot taken of my friend in her living room. It showed a photo of her dead son on the wall behind her. In real life, the little boy was sitting in his rocking chair, facing to the left, but in the Polaroid, he was facing to the right.

At least, that's what they tell me. As soon as she saw the Polaroid, my friend called me excitedly to come over and see it. I drove over, she handed me the picture . . . and I saw his photo, facing to the left. And so the picture remained ever after. She called me one night about knocking and banging sounds, similar to someone dropping rocks on the roof, although investigations outside showed nothing happening to cause the noises. I drove over . . . and the noises stopped about the same time that I was parking my car.

When I was in high school, there was a girl in my class who was widely known to be "into" the occult. She brought a ouija board to a party once, and everyone said she'd had absolutely spooky amounts of success getting answers from it. While I was watching, the stylus would only spell out gibberish, no matter how frustrated she got. I was told later that after I went home, she was a rousing success.

I don't believe in the ouija board, and i've never seen any ghosts before, but some of my family says they have seen ghosts. Mostly I see pictures or have dreams. Sometimes people have had me read there astrology and stuff for fun and one time this girl I had never met before called a friend had given my number to her, and as soon as I heard her voice and she said her name I saw all these pictures. I didnt know what they meant and I didnt say anything to her at first but it felt like the pictures kept being stronger especially of this rose, so I told her what I saw, and she confirmed that those pictures were about her boyfriend who had just died in the same week she was calling me and she had just got home from his gravesite where she placed a ceramic rose on his head stone that she made for him. It really creeped me out.

I don't believe in the ouija board, and i've never seen any ghosts before, but some of my family says they have seen ghosts. Mostly I see pictures or have dreams. Sometimes people have had me read there astrology and stuff for fun and one time this girl I had never met before called a friend had given my number to her, and as soon as I heard her voice and she said her name I saw all these pictures. I didnt know what they meant and I didnt say anything to her at first but it felt like the pictures kept being stronger especially of this rose, so I told her what I saw, and she confirmed that those pictures were about her boyfriend who had just died in the same week she was calling me and she had just got home from his gravesite where she placed a ceramic rose on his head stone that she made for him. It really creeped me out.

You don't believe in contact with the dead/demons (depending on which way one views ouija boards), but you believe that a bunch of stars and planets billions of miles away in space have an involvement with the intimate daily details of the lives of every person on Earth?

I dunno. I lost any interest in astrology when I noticed that every single member of my family is born under the sign of Scorpio, and our personalities are not even remotely alike.

You don't believe in contact with the dead/demons (depending on which way one views ouija boards), but you believe that a bunch of stars and planets billions of miles away in space have an involvement with the intimate daily details of the lives of every person on Earth?

I dunno. I lost any interest in astrology when I noticed that every single member of my family is born under the sign of Scorpio, and our personalities are not even remotely alike.

I didn't say I dont believe the dead can't contact people. I don't believe in ouija boards I think they don't contact anything, I think people push the plastic thing themseleves. Astrology is a little more then being born a scorpio. There is a whole chart connected to the birthdate birth time and year also the city state and country a person is born in. Newspaper astrology is not the same as in depth astrological charts. But I learned Astrology for entertainment purposes because I did astrology as a living when my ex husband was in college. While I find it interesting I don't consult my life around it. I happen to find the opuija board uninteresting. I think you stated you are a Christian and I don't think they believe in astrology or ouija boards, or ghosts or paranormal but I could be wrong since I am no religion and no authority on what christians think. But you also said your open minded because of Prophecy. So I am assuming that by openminded you must mean you accept other people may have different beliefs then you and your ok with that.

I didn't say I dont believe the dead can't contact people. I don't believe in ouija boards I think they don't contact anything, I think people push the plastic thing themseleves.

I don't doubt that many times, people DO power the stylus through their own wishful thinking. But you misunderstand if you think it's the board that has any power. A ouija board, like any other "occult" paraphernalia, simply serves the purpose of extending an invitation to supernatural forces and opening you to their influence. And most of them require very, very little invitation at all.

Astrology is a little more then being born a scorpio. There is a whole chart connected to the birthdate birth time and year also the city state and country a person is born in. Newspaper astrology is not the same as in depth astrological charts. But I learned Astrology for entertainment purposes because I did astrology as a living when my ex husband was in college.

I'm well aware of what astrology entails, and I still find it rather far-fetched, even from a paranormal standpoint.

While I find it interesting I don't consult my life around it. I happen to find the opuija board uninteresting. I think you stated you are a Christian and I don't think they believe in astrology or ouija boards, or ghosts or paranormal but I could be wrong since I am no religion and no authority on what christians think.

No, Christians very much believe in the supernatural and the paranormal. Remember, we're talking about people who believe in God, angels, Satan, demons . . . The Bible specifically mentions witchcraft as a capital offense, so I'd be calling God a liar if I said there was no such thing.

I don't believe in ghosts because of my religion, that's true. I believe that when people die, their souls go to whatever eternal reward they're going to. As I said, I believe that ghostly phenomena is a demonic manifestation, used to lead the living astray.

But you also said your open minded because of Prophecy. So I am assuming that by openminded you must mean you accept other people may have different beliefs then you and your ok with that.

I'm openminded about psychic phenomena mostly because there's the possibility of some of it being scientific in origin. And I have to believe that some people can occasionally tell the future since the Bible tells me that they can.

People have always believed different things from me. I'd be in a sad state if I couldn't accept that they were going to do so.

Her gifts drove her crazy?

Her visions weren't gifts.

Imagine meeting total strangers and seeing in graphic detail how they were going to die.

Now imagine not being able to do anything about it, not even if you warned them about it.

That's no gift, believe me.

But you misunderstand if you think it's the board that has any power. A ouija board, like any other "occult" paraphernalia.

People have always believed different things from me. I'd be in a sad state if I couldn't accept that they were going to do so.

Like I said I don't believe in "ouija boards", the board the plastic thing, the board itself or the supposed contact it claims to make with spirits. Good to know your openminded I do find it sad that oftentime religious people aren't able to see another persons point of view.

Like I said I don't believe in "ouija boards", the board the plastic thing, the board itself or the supposed contact it claims to make with spirits. Good to know your openminded I do find it sad that oftentime religious people aren't able to see another persons point of view.

The board doesn't make any contact. You do. Or, I should say, THEY do. Playing around with the board is just an indication to them that you are open to having your life invaded by them.

I think religious people can see another person's point of view. They just don't agree with it.

Yeah some religious people do, that is true. I guess I just never really had an interest in the ouija board myself. I don't personally believe people make contact through it. I suppose if other people believe you can and it is a bad thing, then it is just as well that I never had an interest in it.

Forum List

Back