'Ghost Ship' Fire A Tragedy Waiting to happen:

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
EXCLUSIVE: Filth, chaos, weird religious symbols, feral animals and orgies - inside Oakland warehouse of horrors before deadly blaze as tenant tells of previous fires
  • Exclusive DailyMail.com photographs show the squalor and chaos inside the Oakland warehouse before Friday night fire which left 36 dead
  • Tenant in building disclosed images and lengthy written complaint in which she detailed life inside the Ghost Ship 'collective' - including more revelations about its organizer, Derick Ion Almena
  • Shelley Mack told how he was a control freak who told her off for what she watched on television while she lived there in late 2014 and early 2015
  • He let his three children roam free in the cluttered space which was covered with loose wires and where narrow corridors were blocked with junk
  • Centerpiece of his 'art' was collection of Hindu mystical imagery - but he ignored basics of the building code and she complained that it was a 'fire hazard'

"Shocking video and images have emerged from inside the doomed Oakland warehouse depicting a squalid 'hell-hole' not fit to live in - as a tenant told how cats urinated everywhere and it was the venue for an orgy.

The footage and photos, obtained exclusively by DailyMail.com, shows the living quarters of some of the residents of the building known as the Oakland Ghost Ship.

While photos on the art collective's website show an eclectic and creative space for artists and musicians, the reality of life behind the scenes in this dilapidated building is horrific."

--------------------------

'There was a sex orgy, like a swingers party held here on New Year's Eve 2014/15. They rented the place out for it and I said no, other people said no but they still went ahead and there was like 2-300 people, two floors of people.

'They had blocked my area off and the music was so loud you couldn't really hear stuff but they were rocking my trailer. 'I had to go out and tell them to get off my trailer, they were having sex up there.'

Mack said the organizers of the sex party didn't clean up properly and used condoms were found littered on the floor. She said: 'All the carpets and furniture you see in the photos have either been p***ed on by cats or were used in the orgy.'

Inside was a picture of squalid chaos. The filthy floors offer little space to move and corridors are like narrow rat runs. Nails protrude from rickety stairs and brick-work crumbles in the walls.'

The footage, shot by former tenant Shelley Mack, shows her stepping over junk and trash as she tries to negotiate the hall ways before reaching a set of stairs made out of what looks like reclaimed wood.

It's believed several people lived inside the Ghost Ship including some in an indoor 'RV park'.

Oakland warehouse where 35 died in vicious fire shown before the deadly blaze | Daily Mail Online

'They were small fires. There were no sprinklers so everybody was just aware, if you smelled smoke you would go look and put it out.

'They were isolated fires, a transponder blew up and electrical sockets got overloaded, everybody was very aware that the place was a fire hazard, it was filled with old dried wood and wooden furniture.

'There were power cords and extension cords hooked up to extension cords everywhere. To get across all the place to heat and light all the trailers. Everybody would plug in and they'd get overloaded, refrigerators and microwaves and cell phones, lots of electrical equipment and massive stereo equipment, any system would have been overloaded.'

Oakland warehouse where 35 died in vicious fire shown before the deadly blaze | Daily Mail Online

I'm sure every one of those folks knew what a fire hazard that warehouse was. They'd been using it for years.

I'm also sure that not having the owner around suited their needs.

They can blame themselves for that fire and the fact that they had no way out. They were all aware of what a fire trap that warehouse was but it never stopped them from using it.

I'm sure every one of those folks knew what a fire hazard that warehouse was. They'd been using it for years.

I'm also sure that not having the owner around suited their needs.

They can blame themselves for that fire and the fact that they had no way out. They were all aware of what a fire trap that warehouse was but it never stopped them from using it.
Sadly true. A bunch of bohemians giving a tragic display of evolution in action.

New Topics

Forum List

Back