Ghost On The Canvas

Feb 9, 2011
Las Cruces, NM
Thank you Glen Campbell, for all these 42 years, and for allowing me to date Audrey Abbott, the blonde summer girl from 42 years ago the lonesome wail of the remarkable, "Wichita Lineman", the all time greatest man's love song to a maiden ever written.

As I listen to it now in VEX's big huge pounding stereo, and again watch Audrey's hair of gold, glint in the sunshine, and watch her remember that we courted to it so long ago, the heart aches for the memory. The triumph of the long voyage in the songs of heart, are the windows on all of our forevers.

The Sky went Wan
The wind came cold
The sun rose dripping
Like a bucket full of Gold.

------

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTfwcLdP5Xk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTfwcLdP5Xk[/ame]

I am a lineman for the county.
And I drive the mainroad.
Searchin' in the sun for another overload.
I hear you singing in the wire.

I can hear you thru the whine.
And the Wichita Lineman,
is still on the line.

I know I need a small vacation.
But it don't look like rain.
And if it snows that stretch down south,
won't ever stand the strain.
And I need you more than want you.

And I want you for all time.
And the Wichita Lineman,
is still on the line.
-------

Thank you Glen, hat is tipped.

Robert A. M. Stephens
NASA-Smithsonian Cultural Tour - 2013
Yo Recuredo

Thank you with all my heart and Audrey, I so thank you, for all the summer of your seasons......
Hail the maidens of our memories.

Robert

Last edited:
  • Banned
Glen, with Alzheimer's, and must be reminded what song to sing, stares into his own forevers coming. And so long ago, along with the Wichita Lineman, there is also this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qox4uMRcEd4&feature=related]Glen Campbell - By the Time I Get to Phoenix - YouTube[/ame]

Bless you Glen, hat is tipped, and thank you for all these years, for places of the heart over this long bright voyage.

Robert

• Banned
Thank you Glen, for these 45 years of memories, and of course, for The Wichita Lineman, all these years and memories, across forever...

And for this current end of the long ride, thank you! Thank you! Hat is tipped, surely.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7kw5zXVFVQ]Glen Campbell - Ghost On The Canvas - Official Video - YouTube[/ame]

Robert

Another magnificent talent whose time has come.

Ya did good Glen, but they need you in the chorus upstairs. There's time for one more encore.

Thank you Glen Campbell, for all these 42 years, and for allowing me to date Audrey Abbott, the blonde summer girl from 42 years ago the lonesome wail of the remarkable, "Wichita Lineman", the all time greatest man's love song to a maiden ever written.

As I listen to it now in VEX's big huge pounding stereo, and again watch Audrey's hair of gold, glint in the sunshine, and watch her remember that we courted to it so long ago, the heart aches for the memory. The triumph of the long voyage in the songs of heart, are the windows on all of our forevers.

The Sky went Wan
The wind came cold
The sun rose dripping
Like a bucket full of Gold.

------

Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman - YouTube

I am a lineman for the county.
And I drive the mainroad.
Searchin' in the sun for another overload.
I hear you singing in the wire.

I can hear you thru the whine.
And the Wichita Lineman,
is still on the line.

I know I need a small vacation.
But it don't look like rain.
And if it snows that stretch down south,
won't ever stand the strain.
And I need you more than want you.

And I want you for all time.
And the Wichita Lineman,
is still on the line.
-------

Thank you Glen, hat is tipped.

Robert A. M. Stephens
NASA-Smithsonian Cultural Tour - 2013
Yo Recuredo

Thank you with all my heart and Audrey, I so thank you, for all the summer of your seasons......
Hail the maidens of our memories.

Robert

yep... great tune... and it does indeed remind my of a certain girl from back then...

your message is sweet...

Forum List

Back