Ghost in the Shell..is it just Robocop?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I saw the trailers for this movie...based on Japanese characters...is it simply Robocop?

I saw the trailers for this movie...based on Japanese characters...is it simply Robocop?

I don't know what the Scarlett Johansson version will be like, but the anime is not really an action movie. There is some action, but it's more of a philosophical movie, regarding the nature of humanity and sentience. What is it that makes us who we are? That kind of thing.

Yea it's pretty much sci fi mixed in with a tactical/"swat"/rainbow 6 vibe

I don't know what it'll be like in the movie. But in the original longer formats the woman was paralyzed since childhood, so she gets a pretty prosthetic shell and becomes a killer extraordinaire for the japanese state. Being crippled since birth gives her a leg up since she doesn't know what it's like to use her actual limbs, so she can kick the shit out of most guys who grew up using their own body.

And they go from that tactical story into "what is a human?" sort of thing. Is a human soul in a robotic shell still a human? Can AI for a "ghost" and become a true human?

That's where the name from "ghost" comes from, better translation woudl probably be soul

is it simply Robocop?

With breasts ...

maxresdefault.jpg

Forum List

Back