Ghost Busters reboot

Treeshepherd

Wood Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 17, 2014
Endor
I thought the Melissa McCarthy skit on SNL portraying Sean Spicer was funny. Spicer, to his credit, said it was funny and cute. But I'd like to drill back further to the roots of these joculations.

McCarthy was a lead actress in the new Ghost Busters movie. For the record, I haven't seen the movie and don't plan to. It got poor to mediocre reviews.

Milo Yiannopoulous relentlessly trolled the movie on Twitter, mostly for being contrived with an all female cast and celebrated by feminists for that reason alone, even though it wasn't a great movie. The black female actress Leslie Jones fired back, accusing M.Y. of racism. This invited the scorn of many actual racists who piled on. Milo was subsequently banned from Twitter. Please correct me if I'm wrong about any of this as I'm not really well informed on the subject.

This particular movie review has the ring of legitness, IMO;
I suppose it was inevitable that in the age of YouTube the filmmakers would seize the opportunity to have a commenter mock an online video of a ghost capture with the observation, “Ain’t no bitches gonna hunt no ghosts” while the women react with appropriate scorn. But I would have preferred that they simply had shut their naysayers down by producing a better movie. ~Susan Wlosczcyna of RogerEbert.com(2 out of 5 stars)

Forum List

Back